pokemon4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 pokemon4597
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

I just finished the RE Remaster, which I enjoyed but not without caveats, especially as a younger gamer who never played the original, and now I'm about halfway through the RE2 remake from last year which I'm really digging. I'm really excited to dive into the RE3 remake when it comes out next week! I'm hoping to get to all the major games in the series!

So, if there are any RE fans out there, which is your favorite game? What sets it apart from the others? (No spoilers for later games please!)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 8872 Posts

In order 1 resident evil code veronica 2 resident evil remake 3 resident evil 2 remake 4 resident evil 3 remake 5 resident evil 7 6 resident evil 4 7 resident evil 0 8 resident evil 5 9 resident evil 6 10 resident evil revelations 2 11 resident evil revelations

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9111 Posts

The Gamecube Remake and Resident Evil 4 are both locked as a personal favorite, they balance what they aim to achieve better than other entries. With the new Resi 2 Remake closely behind, at first I was more in praise however after a recent dive back in realise how that transition from the Police Station to Sewer is lacking. The playable introduction to the city is also underwhelming.

I think from the 32-bit generation games (and Veronica) Resident Evil 3: Last Escape/ Nemesis is mechanically the best of the lot. While shorter the game seems to have had the most influence on the series moving forward. 180 QT, ammo crafting, RNG encounters. All things the third game made a staple. Resident Evil 3 I hope however is the last remake we get from the series. They don't need to go further, Veronica got a semi-upgrade last generation with improved textures and lighting engine. It looks passable and honestly don't think that game holds much relevance, outside Wesker still being alive.

Not a fan of Zero it's the weakest main entry, personally consider it weaker than Resi6. Seeing as 6 has some good aspects, would even encourage to give Leons and Adas campaign a go, maybe a session into mercenaries. Zero is just a poorly designed game all the way, and doesn't fit into the mansion scenario very well. It raises more questions than answers.

Now Outbreak games answers a lot in an enjoyable way, yet playing that with bots is awful in comparison to real players.