Favorite destinations for gaming news, info and discussions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
deactivated-60a3c754d0a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
Member since 2002 • 9782 Posts

I love me some Gamespot so let's not divetoo deeply into a nasty discussion about the direction the site is taking, but the tremendous flood of clickbait, content splitting and puddle deep "editorials" is driving me insane and has left me pretty offended as a long time member. So yeah, I guess I've decided I'm done being treated like a monkey (shame on whoever pushed this shit).

That said, I've been using GS as practically my only source of gaming news for a decade now so I'm almost completely out of the loop on what else is out there. A recent episode of the Lobby from GDC clued me in to the fact that there are probably more people out there than ever generating the type of content I'm looking for without burying it under an ever growing pile of shit. I love shows like The Lobby, The Point, and would love some suggestions on where to access more of that type of content, as well as suggestions about where to go these days for quality gaming news that doesn't condense everything into "list" form. Membership fees won't scare me off as long as the quality is there, and I realize there may not be a single best destination for everything.

Can ya help a brother out?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#2 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

www.dsogaming.com

jKryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By jKryptonite
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

polygon has got some in-depth articles i like sometimes..destructoid for the humour and general wackiness..they also have the best comment-threads on the internet..if its shows you like, you're probably going to find most of them on youtube anyways

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Not here. LOL

Gamespot hasn't had quality reporting for years.

I follow a few outlets like Eurogamer on Facebook and that's more than enough for me.