RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9317 Posts

Not one of my favorites but my personal vote due to legacy is the bringer of the frenzy virus, and inflictor of the apex breeds_ Goa Magara/ Gore Magala

Why I think this? Majority of the flagship monsters have come into Monster Hunter World: Iceborne at this point, and this one so happens to be very popular among fans. MH4G is also heavily considered one of the best games of the MH franchise. So would make sense to finally add the dormant Elder Dragon into Iceborne

So, who does the Hunters in GD think it could be?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 42468 Posts

Everyone knows that it's Jhen Mohran that's coming back ;)

Also, a word from our Capcom friends:

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RSM-HQ
@davillain- said:

Joke aside would enjoy/or/ Daren Mohran; re-imagined in modern engine. I love siege quests when done right

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8026 Posts

I think they will add siege monsters. Hoping for gogmazios, or worse a master rank Kulve to test the siege mechanics for next game. Also to balances/give more options. Safi'jiva overpowered weapons really destroyed endgame hunts.

Edit* to lunastra, fk you. fight so bad even normal non master rank lunastra I avoid.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25926 Posts

Slightly lame to see samey dragon looking monsters being added. Sure, he's cool, but it's yet another dragon. I want something more special. Like the Nerscylla or sumthin.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Litchie

@davillain- said:

That fight was waaaaay more fun than Zorah Magdaros, imo.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie said:

Slightly lame to see samey dragon looking monsters being added.

I've seen this a lot recently for people playing World just dismissing the roster as dragon pandering. I'm assuming they haven't played many Monster Hunter games because they do consume the majority of the rosters since the original game_

Imagine fighting Gwyn in DkS and saying "just another undead with a sword'

Worth noting the 4th generation flagship has a few key differences from "typical dragon"s. For starters Goa is blind, think it like the Licker in Resident Evil, will only attack due to noise, or if you walk into one of its spore clouds. For this reason I would imagine using ghillie to be a bad strategy

Its rage form turns the sky to night (due to the frenzy virus), the virus itself has a few cool mechanics one of which is buffing other monsters as they come back as Apex breeds.

Goa is also a hexapod outside the usual quadruped.

Zorah Magdaros

Even the Arch version of that is the worst siege since Raoshanron/ Lao-Shan. Only fun part is the brief part Nerugigante shows up.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Litchie

@RSM-HQ said:
@Litchie said:

Slightly lame to see samey dragon looking monsters being added.

For starters Goa is blind, think it like the Licker in Resident Evil, will only attack due to noise, or if you walk into one of its spore clouds. For this reason I would imagine using ghillie to be a bad strategy

Its rage form turns the sky to night (due to the frenzy virus), the virus itself has a few cool mechanics one of which is buffing other monsters as they come back as Apex breeds.

Aah yes, it's that one. I liked that one. :P But still, I wanna see some more special looking monsters.

People use the ghillie mantle? I personally never do. It's extremely rare that I need anything else than vitality and temporal mantle. Pretty boring, but those mantles are OP compared to the other ones.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie said:

People use the ghillie mantle? I personally never do. It's extremely rare that I need anything else than vitality and temporal mantle.

Four hunters with meal bonus and bombardier lvl 3; sneak up on a monster, eight mega-bombs, and lit by a GS is close to 9,000 damage. It's tough to pull off but our team have started doing this as the norm for every battle that's not a scripted siege. Clutch thing is early in Iceborne a armor set let bombardier go to lvl 5. A great skill wasted on mediocre armor.

People use the ghillie mantle? I personally never do. It's extremely rare that I need anything else than vitality and temporal mantle. Pretty boring, but those mantles are OP compared to the other ones.

Temporal got quite the downgrade, think it's pretty crappy now. Use the Evasion mantle as my main. Constant strength buff is simply too beneficial to ignore.

With DB I also use RockSteady because use a Downy Sleep build that even puts Safi'jiva down constantly for more of that mega bomb goodness.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Litchie

@RSM-HQ said:
@Litchie said:

People use the ghillie mantle? I personally never do. It's extremely rare that I need anything else than vitality and temporal mantle.

Four hunters with meal bonus and bomber lvl 3; sneak up on a monster, eight mega-bombs, and lit by a GS is close to 9,000 damage. It's tough to pull off but our team have started doing this as the norm for every battle that's not a scripted siege.

Temporal got quite the downgrade, I use the evasion mantle as my main. Constant strength buff is simply too beneficial to ignore.

With DB I also use RockSteady because I use a Downy Sleep build that even puts Safi'jiva down constantly for more of that mega bomb goodness.

Hehe, cool.

I don't even have the evasion or rocksteady mantle. Probably should get on that shit..

I play charge blade myself.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie said:

I play charge blade myself.

Jump from Long Sword and Dual Blades. Used Sword and Shield in P2ndG but grew out of it for later games.

Some good Charge Blades in Iceborne, based on stats the Safi' Charge Blade builds are the current most broken in the game

I imagine an update will address everything Safi'jiva, as they did Behemoth armor in base-game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Litchie

@RSM-HQ: Well, I've played the game for ~270 hours so far, and so far I've gotten zero artillery, guard or magazine decorations, so I'll probably never be able to make builds like that even if I wanted to.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie: 270 is a pretty good chunk, I'm roughly 1,500 if I include both ports.

I'm assuming some of that time includes a lot of goofing in the gathering hub

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Litchie

@RSM-HQ: Of course. XD