Famitsu gives Ninja Gaid-- er, I mean, Ninja Blade a pretty good score

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172401

Ninja Blade (8/8/8/8, 32 points)

Microsoft and From Software's latest offers "nothing particularly new with the gameplay or setting, but it's a well-done, finely-detailed action game," as one reviewer wrote. "There's a wide variety of battle situations, all very speedy, and the giant bosses are very impressive. Running on walls and using wires to go between buildings is a lot of fun." The movie action sequences were a mixed bag: "They require nimble button presses, but since it doesn't depict what happens when you fail them, you don't really get much of a sense of accomplishment after success." There were other little niggles, like stages that get reused later in the game and the lack of a single "use item" button, but "this is one new title I hope to see expanded upon in the future."

The rest of the reviews:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (Wii: 8/7/7/7, 29 points; DS: 8/7/7/8, 30 points)

Says, "Simple, straight up follow-up, but still a lot of fun." Also, "Difficulty imbalance in single-player" and the worst criticism, "Both the Wii and DS suffers from a lot of lag," which they say, "is a lot of shame." Also, "Not much difference in graphics between Wii and DS." --What's up Square-Enix!!! :evil:

Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2 (8/8/8/8, 32 points)

"Same old Tales with some improvements. Same addictive customizing features and dungeouns crawler." But adds, "Game is mostly fetch-quests."

Well, at least Ninja Blade isn't the complete disaster that I thought it'd be. Then again, this is Famitsu. Who knows what the American review sites will say.

Screenshots

But he's soooo cool looking......NOT!:P

Unlike this dude here, who is cool!

File:Ninja Gaiden big1.JPG

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole, I'd rather them had just make Otogi 3 with more traditional looking ninjas, then this QTE sequence filled pseudo action fest.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts
Yeah I noticed the score earlier. The game does look pretty cool and while I doubt it will top Ninja Gaiden I'd still like to play it.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Whats up with his horrible brown outfit? Is he a desert combat ninja trying to blend in? He looks like a freakin idiot that rolled around in the sewer and crapped all over himself.. and that my firends..... is going to apply to this entire game. A thank ya, A thank ya. Still Ill end up renting it sometime, it seems me and bad games are inexorably drawn to each other like the moth and the flame.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Still Ill end up renting it sometime, it seems me and bad games are inexorably drawn to each other like the moth and the flame.GodModeEnabled

I actually don't think this game will be bad at all, there's a good developer behind it. However, it's a generic rip-off to the max. I can't stand even looking at it especially considering that the people behind it brought us the very unique, styIish and awesome Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I thought the demo was enjoyable enough, and since it's coming from the Otogi team at From Software, I expected a solid action game. Good to see it delivered on that.

Itakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Itakel
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
I have seen Ninja Blade's Trailer. It's quite good but seem like Ninja Gaiden.I don't have a X360. Wish this game were a Ps3 exclusive. Hik HIK
mibukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 mibukin
Member since 2009 • 544 Posts
looked pretty cool in the trailer. but Ryu still looks 10X cooler.