Zox10035

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Zox10035
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

What changes do you think is needed to make Fallout 76 into a GOTY worthy game ?

Bug fixes ?

Free DLC ?

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

Make the shooting clunky and awkward like RDR2, add pointless fetch quests and a bunch of movies.

RonThallsBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RonThallsBalls
Member since 2016 • 348 Posts

Make it a battle royale and add the option to x to Preston before clearing out the next area.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Switch from multiplayer and make it a single player.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Make it a good game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

The game never stood a chance. People hated it before it even came out. I don't think anyone really wanted this. I've always heard some people say that they would like a Fallout game with some sort of co-op. But who the hell ever wanted an entirely online Fallout game? I love Fallout, so I'm still tempted to give this game a chance after another year or so when they've hopefully added interesting content to the game and fixed the worst bugs.

Anyway, I can't tell if the topic question is serious. Given its bad reviews, there's no chance it can just turn itself around anytime soon to even be considered a GOTY contender. But it sounds like the main change that needs to be made with it is to give it some sort of purpose. The lack of a real narrative is a huge turn off. Leveling up and crafting stuff sounds like more of a chore than something that is fun.

I want to say that hopefully this will be a lesson to Bethesda, but as long as they make enough money off of the game, they probably don't give a shit what people think. It'll be fun to see how Bethesda approaches talking about Fallout 76 in their next E3 conference or if they bother mentioning it at all.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Well factions and faction PvP is coming.

Would like to see instanced dungeon raids for teams; quests that require teaming up. Quests that make use of player's stats ie. multiple solutions to quests. Perhaps some sort of thunderdome style PvP arena. More communication options and make it easier for people to trade and create/join teams

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I have no idea how that is possible.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@zox10035: this is the best thread ever lol. Thank you.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Make it more like the original game(s). Also, make it fun.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

The game never stood a chance. People hated it before it even came out. I don't think anyone really wanted this. I've always heard some people say that they would like a Fallout game with some sort of co-op. But who the hell ever wanted an entirely online Fallout game?

i think eurogamer summed it up quite nicely in their review.

The high-level conceit here is the question, what if Fallout was multiplayer? And I think this is a grand thing to wonder about. The collision of Fallout and multiplayer sparks all sorts of exciting ideas in my mind, most of which have to do with post-apocalyptic role-playing.

What if I ran a town, hosting elections and keeping the peace? What if I opened a shop, selling exotic items to other players in a desperate bid to raise enough caps to survive the harsh wasteland? What if I worked behind a bar, serving drinks to other players, passing on gossip and words of wisdom? What if I was the head honcho of a group of raiders, ordering other players to attack camps and loot the corpses of our enemies? What if I founded my own faction, something like Caesar's Legion from Fallout New Vegas, perhaps? What if I wanted to infiltrate a player-run faction I didn't get on with, befriending their leader before stabbing them in the back?

as for the question in the op, i don't think there's any saving this one. bethesda have finally gone too far and i'm delighted they are getting ripped to shreds in the gaming press for it.

elder scrolls online released to luke warm reviews but was supported well enough post launch for it to eventually become a success. i can't see the same happening here. there's just too much to fix. as a game studio their offering this gen has been atrocious. hopefully this is the wake up call they need

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

From what I've heard, the game is just so bad in so many ways that there's really nothing that could fix it.

A multiplayer fallout was a bad idea to start with.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@zox10035: It has been too strong a year for a multiplayer Fallout, even if the game was in a higher tier of quality (even then I wouldn't be surprised if GS gave FO76 a 9/10 anyway). The Elder Scrolls Online also met similar negativity and for a range of reasons (in my experience was a poorly made game).

Bethesda Fallout qualities are in three sections, V.A.T.S, story, sandbox immersion; and I suppose for this one multiplayer in an RPG. And considering not many are happy with the new V.A.T.S here is my take-

Those that want a good story have plenty of games in 2018 most notable being God of War. Those that want a immersive sandbox have again plenty, but Red Dead Redemption 2 is the current hot topic. And those that want a multiplayer RPG have Monster Hunter: World.

FO76 coming out in the winter didn't help. And seems to have needed another year of polish.

homework9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 homework9293
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Make it a good game.

I second this. Friend said it's supposed to be pretty bad.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZombieProof
Member since 2016 • 359 Posts

The only thing I'd like changed is an increase to the camp weight limit. In the context of the in game economy, it keeps you cycling through materials to keep powering yourself up at a pretty brisk pace so I can appreciate that. I'd like the option to hoard a couple of heavy weapons that I may not be the right level for yet to plan for future builds but thats kinda hard to do when each heavy weapon weighs around 20 lbs. That's literally the only change I'd like. I'm still peeling open the games systems though so I may find more later. As it stands, I adore everything about this game.

Even with having to scrap weapons that aren't your level though, you get upgrades for the weapons that stay for when you CAN use them (from scrapping them) it's not a bad thing altogether. Still tho, there's a plasma minigun that I gave away earlier that I'm kinda curious about now :(

*edit*

Also, since theres no RDR2 on pc for me to play, this is my GOTY for sure.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@Macutchi: as for the question in the op, i don't think there's any saving this one. bethesda have finally gone too far and i'm delighted they are getting ripped to shreds in the gaming press for it.

You know people are likely to lose their job over this? Not high level people that make decisions, but guys working ridiculous hours for mid level pay. But, hey, you still have your job, so Happy Thanksgiving.

Doesn't mean you have to support the game, but cheering about something whose success would not have harmed you in any meaningful way but whose failure will likely put some into financial distress is lacking in perspective. Of course, I would expect no less from an internet mob.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

@Macutchi: as for the question in the op, i don't think there's any saving this one. bethesda have finally gone too far and i'm delighted they are getting ripped to shreds in the gaming press for it.

You know people are likely to lose their job over this? Not high level people that make decisions, but guys working ridiculous hours for mid level pay. But, hey, you still have your job, so Happy Thanksgiving.

Doesn't mean you have to support the game, but cheering about something whose success would not have harmed you in any meaningful way but whose failure will likely put some into financial distress is lacking in perspective. Of course, I would expect no less from an internet mob.

no, do you?

what a ridiculous overreaction to a throw away comment on a game discussion board

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Even if all the bugs were fixed, the game would require an extreme makeover in order to even have hopes of becoming a GOTY contender. Mainly, revamp the PVP system, which at the moment seems meaningless, and add human NPCs as well as an interesting overarching narrative and story quests.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

I think people have the right to critique entertainment products in an unfavorable way.

If every review had to be positive then how would people decide whether to purchase or not?

Also I can't see how anyone could lose their job over Fallout 76's success or lack thereof; if anything it's just a lesson - a learning curve if you will.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#21 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@zox10035:

* Add NPC's (A game is to empty without them.

* Make the game single player instead

That would already work wonders for the game's popularity.