Fallout 4 vs Skyrim

#1 Posted by haroldcoates (14 posts) -

I am going to spend some time playing RPG. What can you recommend? Skyrim or Fallout 4.?Which one is better. ?

#2 Posted by thereal25 (1788 posts) -

Well, I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but imo neither game is all that good. Skyrim though, is probably marginally better if you have to chose one.

#3 Posted by RSM-HQ (8426 posts) -

The Elder Scrolls is the series Bethesda Studio tends to take longer developing and fleshing out its world.

While Skyrim is no stranger to a lack of polish and dumbed down mechanics it is superior to all the Bethesda Fallout games in terms of quality, content, and artistic vision. Unless one just simply dislikes high-fantasy I would never recommend FO as the alternative.

Even then, do yourself a favor and give Divinity: Original Sin II a look'e

Loading Video...

#4 Edited by Speeny (1774 posts) -

Skyrim for me. I have never been able to invest myself into Fallout.

#5 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2441 posts) -

Skyrim for me. I have over 300 hours in that game and I'm honestly not even really invested in the main quest. Skyrim is an open world sandbox done right where it's really fun to just run off and do your own thing. Fallout 4 on the other hand put me to sleep and bombarded me with annoying mechanics like not being able to cross bodies of water due to radiation killing me long before I reached the other side.

#6 Posted by Yams1980 (3513 posts) -

Skyrim is better. But if you play Skyrim and like it, you'd probably like Fallout 4 also.

Both Skyrim and Fallout are better if you eventually try out some mods and make them look and play better.

#8 Posted by Shantmaster_K (1469 posts) -

Skyrim for sure. Fallout 4 is good too, but the main story is disappointing. Skyrim's main story isn't amazing either, but I think it depends on what setting you're into, I always will pick a medieval fantasy game over post apocalyptic setting.

#9 Posted by VagrantSnow (343 posts) -

I prefer Fallout in General but Skyrim is just a better game and a better RPG. Not to say Fallout 4 is bad or anything but it didn't quite live up to the expectations set by previous games from Bethesda.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
#10 Posted by Alexander2cents (248 posts) -

I never played fallout 4 but it's worse because it's trying to be like Mass Effect.

#11 Posted by TheDarkWolf86 (587 posts) -

I like both, but would rather play Skyrim if I had to pick.

@speeny said:

Skyrim for me. I have never been able to invest myself into Fallout.

#12 Posted by BaelNergal (232 posts) -

This is like... Mediocre vs. Terrible.

Skyrim is better, but it's still a pretty bad game.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13656 posts) -

Fallout 4