Fallout 4 Rumours: What to believe

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PrideofMidland (25 posts) -

So, in recent days there has been no lack of rumors going around about one of my favorite game series, Fallout. I confused about what to believe, so I'm asking for you guys and gals to help me out. What about http://www.thesurvivor2299.com/ is it real or fake, what I've heard is it's a toss up it was registered by Zenimax but is through godaddy.com, and when do you guys think it will be announced?

#2 Edited by Jacanuk (8286 posts) -

@prideofmidland said:

So, in recent days there has been no lack of rumors going around about one of my favorite game series, Fallout. I confused about what to believe, so I'm asking for you guys and gals to help me out. What about http://www.thesurvivor2299.com/ is it real or fake, what I've heard is it's a toss up it was registered by Zenimax but is through godaddy.com, and when do you guys think it will be announced?

Dont believe anything until you hear it straight from the horses mouth.

This site seem more hoax then true so even tho you can be 100% sure Fallout 4 is out there, i wouldn´t believe this site 100%

#3 Posted by bob_toeback (11267 posts) -

"Who you gonna believe?"

"If it wasn't for lies, there'd be no news at all."

#4 Edited by SoNin360 (6347 posts) -

I've been following up on via the Fallout Wiki. Here is a bunch of basic info on the site. It's a little old, but still provides plenty of interesting info on the site, though there's still no conclusive evidence that it's fake or not. They're still covering it here, but not much else is added except for updates on the various messages and stuff from the site. The countdown ends near the time of the VMAs, but apparently Bethesda isn't even going showing anything there, according to a Tweet shown towards the bottom of the second link.

So really, I don't know. I think the site is an elaborate hoax, but there's still room for possibility that it's not. I have no idea when Fallout 4 will be announced, no one does. Clearly it will be announced whenever they think it's ready to be announced, but I, like many others, hope that's soon.

#5 Edited by PrideofMidland (25 posts) -

Ok, it turns out all rumors currently circulating are untrue. The Survivor 2299 was a total hoax that, while very sad, was a bit funny. Another sad topic is Bethesda doesn't seem to be announcing anything in the near future. So what do you guys think: When will it come out? What will be the plot?. Let me your ideas.

P.S thanks for all the suggestions.

#6 Posted by SoNin360 (6347 posts) -

I guess I'll say late 2015. No idea on the plot, but I wouldn't be surprised if it stays on the east coast, but either questions are anyone's guess at this point.