Fallout 4 is trying my patience. Every damn quest involves hacking a terminal beyond my skill set

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

The one where you can get Paladin Danse? Check. Human Error? Check. The one where you go into some abandoned federal building to slaughter a feral ghoul horde, but then there's ANOTHER terminal you need to hack that's master????? Check and check.

What the hell, I don't remember doing that to this extent in Fallout: New Vegas or even 3...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

I would say your first problem is playing Fallout 4 is 2019. But I get the feeling you know that anyway.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

I would say your first problem is playing Fallout 4 is 2019. But I get the feeling you know that anyway.

Hey, I just bought Fallout 4 within the last 6 months. I didn't really like my first impression of it but a lot of people do like it and I intend to find out why. I'll definitely be playing Fallout 4 at some point in 2019 lol

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7229 Posts

I tried it about year or so ago and didn't enjoy it as much as 3. Might give it another go at some point as it's dirt cheap. Amazing to think that it's still in the same engine as 3 and new vegas.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

@Valgaav_219 said: I didn't really like my first impression of it but a lot of people do like it and I intend to find out why.

Don't exactly dislike FO4, id Software did the shooting mechanics which improved one aspect heavily. The world itself is also a huge improvement visually, or at least what I saw of the world map.

However when diving in (played at launch) all I did was rush through the main campaign. And call it done in less than six hours. Would I go back? Absolutely not, but I've played worse. And V.A.T.s is enjoyable in short doses despite being a redundant feature that simplifies the entire game, making any for of build pointless.

If you really want to know why people enjoy these games the answer is fairly simple-

Combine power fantasy possibilities and a big map and that fits a certain Gamer demographic. It was certainly all the rage during the early 2000's. Damaged many of my favorite developers being forced to follow that trend.

Now that audience has certainly died down and I only see it continue to decline. Rockstar is the only sandbox known developer I see continuing to stay relevant to the mass market in the coming years. Bethesda I see at a decline for not keeping up with the times.

And The Outer Worlds may see some relevance for being marketed as "the Fall Out game people deserve".