RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RoyalClown_1
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

EVERYBODY says this game is either good, great, or fucking miraculous! Should I just buy it to kill curiosity? It looks pretty dull if I'm honest but I might get different feels playing it. Do I have to play the others to get the story? Should I get GOTY?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It might not be a game you'll like right away to be honest. I didn't like it for a while, but it grew on me and turned out to be perhaps my favorite game of all time. So I'm definitely biased in saying that you should give it a shot. You definitely have to enjoy exploring and doings things aside from the main story missions to truly appreciate this game. If you've played Skyrim, that's a pretty fair comparison to this game in some respects. No need to play the previous Fallouts. I'd hold off on the GOTY edition if you're playing on consoles, it makes the game incredibly unstable at times. The vanilla game is fine for the most part, though. I did enjoy the DLCs, but the game was almost unplayable at times with all the extra content installed and with my file size becoming so large.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

Hells yes you should!

I've averaged probably close to a month total time spent playing that game.

If you like games with tons and tons and tons of customization like I do, you can't go wrong with this game.

It's not a perfect game and it's pretty glitchy at times, so I highly recommend getting it for the PC if you can.

Also, like the above poster said, the beginning of the game can be a real *****, especially if you have never played a Fallout-type game before. It definitely took a while for it to grow on me, but oh boy, it DID grow on me after a while

Personally, I prefer NV over 3. I've spent probably TWO MONTHS playing NV.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Yes you should! But I personally recommend going for Fallout new vegas, its much more open and there's plenty more to do! Fallout 3 is great, but it seems a little closed off and it constantly makes you venture down underground passages just to move from point A to B, this can get a little annoying. Plus Fallout new vegas has alot more choice and decision involved. You mentioned you thought the game looks dull, this is true however its the gameplay that makes these game so different!

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoyalClown_1

Thanks guys and good point, I've had games I regretted buying and then I couldn't get enough of a month after. I heard NV was pretty lackluster compared to 3 somewhere, but I'll definitely check it out.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

No. Play the good Fallout games....1, 2 and New Vegas.

Todd Howard wouldn't know Fallout if I smashed a nuka cola bottle over his head.

Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#7 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

I can definitely recommend Fallout 3 GOTY, especially if you enjoy exploration.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

It's 6$, who gives a shit? Fucking buy it. Almost any game is worth 6$. Also, it's a good game. I thought it was decent, but some people go nuts over it.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RoyalClown_1

@Shmiity: HEY I work 1 whole hour for $6 :P. Was thinking about getting GOTY which is $30.

someone's mad tho lol

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

@royalclown_1: I'm not mad! I just think debating over a 6$ game is useless. You clearly have some interest in the game, just go buy it. You won't miss the 6$.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

FO3 GOTYE is definitely worth playing if you like exploration. I enjoy it more than New Vegas which is also a good buy.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I had it on my shelf for so long and never played it. Then a few months ago while waiting for ps4 to come out I started to play this game and fell in love with it. I ended up playing It for 100 hours and downloading the brother of steel dlc and point lookout.

I suggest getting the goty edition which is the best bang for your buck. The two dlc I mentioned above are really good and brothers of steel lets you play and level up after you beat the original game.

Then play fallout new vegas goty after. These games simply shouldn't be missed.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

my favorite game of all time. yes you should.. go for the GOTY edition, the DLC is pretty good

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

Todd Howard wouldn't know Fallout if I smashed a nuka cola bottle over his head.

Fallout 3 is the highest rated of the series, so i would assume he does know Fallout

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RoyalClown_1

Thanks for the helpful replies everyone, I ordered the GOATee edition on Amazon. And now i play the waiting game.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@royalclown_1 said:

Thanks for the helpful replies everyone, I ordered the GOATee edition on Amazon. And now i play the waiting game.

Good choice man.

I wish I could be in your shoes and re-experience the first time you leave the vault and set your eyes on the wasteland. You will know what im talking about when it happens.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RoyalClown_1

@marcheegsr: Ha! I know how you feel, I said the same thing to my friend who just picked up ME trilogy.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

I had it on my shelf for so long and never played it. Then a few months ago while waiting for ps4 to come out I started to play this game and fell in love with it. I ended up playing It for 100 hours and downloading the brother of steel dlc and point lookout.

I suggest getting the goty edition which is the best bang for your buck. The two dlc I mentioned above are really good and brothers of steel lets you play and level up after you beat the original game.

Then play fallout new vegas goty after. These games simply shouldn't be missed.

Similar story with me. I had FO3 GOTY sealed in plastic for months just sitting there. After finally deciding to complete the MQ in Skyrim, I decided to take a break and crack open FO3 for an hour or so just to see what the all the fuzz was about. Ended up getting over 100 hours of gameplay and haven't been back to Skyrim since. New Vegas is pretty cool so far but doesn't grab me like FO3 did.

hshaidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hshaidar
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

try to search it first on other Forums to check their thought or feedbacks about the game.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#20  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

No, don't.

I followed people advice and got the GOTY edition...... was really disappointed.

And that Point Lookout expansion is really, really bad.

I don't HATE Fallout 3...I just can't say that I love it.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

The game is amazing, IMHO. It was my reality for a couple of months =P Just be sure to get a good list of graphical mods...

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

yes, get the goty immediately. and, btw, newvegas is a superior game to f3 in many ways, including, a slightly important one: being more of a rpg in the classic sense.

as well, when you buy it, don't get online help and do all you can to make the experience better by implementing your own rules/restrictions and eliminating the hud.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I'd say give it a chance! A lot of Fallout fans will tell you while playing this type of game, don't be so quick to judge this game. Give it a chance and you will enjoy it. The storyline for this version doesn't really go with the previous two but you can still fall in love with how it develops. There are a lot of situations that you can find yourself in, but it honestly is about how you want the story to enfold. Just take your time, complete the side missions and focus on your characters development. Enjoy!!!

@royalclown_1 said:

EVERYBODY says this game is either good, great, or fucking miraculous! Should I just buy it to kill curiosity? It looks pretty dull if I'm honest but I might get different feels playing it. Do I have to play the others to get the story? Should I get GOTY?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas are must plays. New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all time and I don't even like RPG's. I just finished another playthrough the other day in fact.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@royalclown_1: Not knowing you, it'd be difficult to ascertain whether or not Fallout is a game you'd enjoy. I would say that while it's well regarded, it's obviously not for everyone.

As for my personal opinion on the game, it's in my top 3 of the entire Xbox 360/PS3 generation. I had never had much exposure to Fallout as a franchise prior to getting Fallout 3 as a birthday gift in 2009. And while I wish I could say that it grabbed me instantly and I loved it from the word "go", the honest truth is I didn't care much for it at first. I didn't really "get it". I mean it was kinda fun, but I had been playing Halo 3 and Gears of War and right before Fallout 3 I played Fable 2. Those games were all more exciting on the surface. And while Fallout 3 has a lot to offer, I wasn't expecting a game that looked so much like a shooter to play so much like an RPG so I almost quit playing it not long after the tutorial and opening bits.

If it weren't for a friend of mine coming over and playing it, showing me some of the finer points of how the game worked and how different your character build could transfer to gameplay, I might have missed it altogether in favor of something else. I'm glad he came over. Shortly after him giving me some pointers, I fell head over heels for Fallout 3. I ended up playing it 8 times from start to finish. I wrote detailed history for many of my characters, I played heros and villains and moderates, I role played a character who was bipolar and a bit schizophrenic so they would flip back and forth between hero and villain depending on the time of day. I even based one character off a woman I used to date. Made her pure evil (natch) and she wandered the Capital Wasteland being a big jerk to any and everyone she came across.

And luckily, I didn't come across any of the performance problems with the DLC that so many people have reported. That's not to say there weren't problems, but after the initial patch released by Bethesda, everything always worked fine for me (I played on Xbox). So yes, I highly recommend Fallout 3 and the GotY edition specifically. It is one of my all time favorite video games.

Avatar image for MasterTankallex
MasterTankallex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MasterTankallex
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

It's a great game, and you can't really go wrong with how inexpensive it is right now.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

go for it its amazing game

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

You definitely should. Get the GOTY edition with all DLC's. Then get New Vegas, which is even better.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

Seeing as you've already bought it, there's little point in saying anything right now. Just one thing:

@royalclown_1 said:

EVERYBODY says this game is either good, great, or fucking miraculous!

That's not a perspective I recognise. I've seen a fair amount of criticism: a lot of bugs, glitches, crappy combat, bland environments, etc. Not that I share that critcism; I thought it was an amazing game, but well... not everybody was happy with the game, especially people who played it long AFTER it came out (because of all the positive opinions), which is what you're about to do... ;-)

But well, to paraphrase another commenter: it's just 6 dollars. Besides, if you don't like it you can come back to the forums and whine about how overrated it is. That seems to be a source of happiness for a lot of gamers... ;-P That sounded bitter. I'm sorry.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

@bussinrounds said:

Fallout 3 is the highest rated of the series, so i would assume he does know Fallout

What ? Ratings are a nonsense anyway...Look at Oblivions 94 rating http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion

Oblivion was one of the worst RPGs I EVER played and such a tremendous letdown to so many fans.

donmurray29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 donmurray29
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Well you should be able to download demo on pc and try it out, if you do get it, try and get hold of the game of the year edition, which has everything.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts
@donmurray29 said:

Well you should be able to download demo on pc and try it out, if you do get it, try and get hold of the game of the year edition, which has everything.

I agree with this.