Fallout 3, PC or 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HessenKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 HessenKnight
Member since 2007 • 1251 Posts

I'm buying Fallout 3, but I'm not sure which version to get. My PC is pretty highend, Quad-Core, GTX 280, 4 Gigs or Ram and all. I have a pretty crappy TV set up with my Xbox, but it's getting replaced soon. So, I'm going to lay out the Pros and Cons, and hopefully you guys can help me out.

PC PROS:

• Better Graphics (?)
  • Mods
  • Better Display (For now)

PC Cons:

• I'm not a fan of Mouse and Keyboard
  • Vista!

360 PROS:

• I get to talk with my friends whilst playing
  • More comfortable control scheme
  • More comfortable while playing...sitting back in a relaxing position, versus pressing my face to the screen.

360 CONS

• Uglier Graphics+Slower Frame Rate (?)
  • No Mods
  • SD TV (For now.)

Another thing I need to point out is that with Oblivion, I had a better time with the 360 than I did with the PC. Mods didn't prove to be so appealing, because I spent so much time messing with them, rather than actually experiencing them. Also, mods always give a bad impression on me. Also, I spent so much time messing with the visual settings, and dealing with PC bugs, and resisting the temptation to pull down the Command Console. Right now I'm leaning more towards 360...thanks for reading this.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Go for the Game version you feel you would be the most comfortable playing.
I went for the PC version due to the mouse and keyboard is what I'm used to in a 1st-person view game ( 3rd person view also works for me on the PC)
Even if the XXbox 360 or PS3 version would've looked better, I'd still get the PC version.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Well, PC 'cos of the pros you said (if your PC can handle it). BTW, you should "upgrade" to XP if you have Vista

But, Mouse+keyboard is always much better for FPSs (even though Fallout 3 isn't one), so I don't know why you don't like it

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
You can use your 360 controller on the PC and it will work just fine for Fallout 3. The mouse/keyboard con is an excuse, not a reason.
ninboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 ninboxstation
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

get the 360 version, if you don't play with the mouse....(are PC games fine-tunded for using the pad like on the consoles?, I don't think so, because the controlles have to be set up with the grafix speed und fluidity, and every PC is slightly diffrent, when it comes to the grafix and speed...)

........if your a grafix fetishist, then get the PC version...(eventhough on a normal TV, not LCD-HD, the metal/shinning effects can look very cool, even if it's a crapy TV (bot not if it's a small TV, then that can become a pain, trying to read and see some details...),

(FPS are not better with a mouse, there just easier......, and the real feeling with two analog sticks, while looking und straving slowly/analog through a 3D enviroment is so much cooler than beinging able to aim fast with a mouse....)

Avatar image for taylormadederek
taylormadederek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 taylormadederek
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts
Go 360. PC is only for RTS games. You can say that FPS is for PC but no. Consoles rule. Gamerscore is where it is at.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#7 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Go 360. PC is only for RTS games. You can say that FPS is for PC but no. Consoles rule. Gamerscore is where it is at.taylormadederek

Fallout 3 for PC uses Windows LIVE so you can add to your gamerscore with that.

I have a quad core and Vista and the game is way more polished than Oblivion was when it came out. I've only had splash screen crashes and then I just switched the icon over to launching the game directly. Also my AV seems to lock the game up but that doesn't kick in until 4am.

The way I see it. If you're mor comfortable on your couch than do it that way.

All I know is Fallout 3 is a game I don't want to be chatting on XBL while I'm playing it and the modding thing should be great. I loved the Mods for Morrowind because they were actual things that corrected the few issues i had with the game and the others were additions to a game i liked. With Oblivion, I didn't try to mod it because I thought so many things were wrong with that game from an RPG standpoint that I shouldn't have to waste time getting a game up to the standard I want. Fallout 3 seems to be following in Morrowind's footsteps in that, if I mod it, it will only be a couple of fixes and the rest will be hunting for things that actually add ot the game.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I get to talk with my friends whilst playingI like XfireMore comfortable control scheme You can use your 360 controller with Windows. More comfortable while playing...sitting back in a relaxing position, versus pressing my face to the screen. Read previous. Why do you have a PC like that if you don't like PC gaming? :D
lankatana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 lankatana
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I have a pretty good Pc and a 360 + a 38" HD TV the game looks great graphically, I can sit in my comfy reclining foot raising armchair and thoroughly enjoy tha game. Btw with the VATS targeting system a mouse or a joypad really makes no difference IMHO, just have fun with whatever version you play!
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
PC, of course.
doyousmellthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 doyousmellthat
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts

Go 360. PC is only for RTS games. You can say that FPS is for PC but no. Consoles rule. Gamerscore is where it is at.taylormadederek

Wow, ignorant much? gamerscore, lol, talk about the dumbing down of gaming, who cares about gamerscore, which Fallout 3 has oN PC BTW. How is PC only for RTS, when all multi-platform games like Mass Effect, Fallout 3 Far Cry 2 (I can go on and on) are all better on PC (Just read some reviews). Pc can use gamepads, or M/K, console your stuck with clunky aiming, and poor menu navigation. Most game control as good or better with M/K, cannot beat the precision of a mouse and more ket options and customization of the keyboard. Even games like assassins creed played very well on M/K as long as the devs make an effort to make a good PC game. Pc you have better graphics, mods, and can choose how to play it. Shooters, RPG's (Hot keys FTW, better item swapping, quicker menu navigation), Simulation, Strategy all better on PC, games that are better with a controller, Pc uses gamepads, so Pc can do anything a console can only better, plus much more. Pc is clearly the best platform to get Fallout 3 on. BTW, I play my Pc on my HDTV all the time, takes one cable.

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts
360 FTW
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts

I have three friends plus myself who have PC's good enough to run the game but we prefer the 360 for our gaming.

doyousmellthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 doyousmellthat
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts

360 FTW xxxMoreBeerxxx

Not really.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

PC has better graphics than the console versions, and since your PC is so high end it'll definitely look better. Considering how much that rig would have cost you though I'm surprised that you're even asking this question.

Anyway, the 360 version really has no advantages over the PC version thanks to the fact that Fallout 3 makes use of Windows Live. That means that you can still chat with your friends on XBL as you play F3 on PC and you still get achievements that add to your XBL gamertag's gamerscore. And as is the case for most PC games out there you can use the 360 controller if you really want to, which would control exactly the same as the 360 version I'd imagine. And with this you still get the pros of the PC version like better graphics, better performance, and mods.