Experiment: Music in Guitar Hero

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Shaun832
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

Experiment: Does the music in Guitar Hero affect how well you play?

Aim: To find out if the music in Guitar Hero affects your gameplay.

Equipment needed: Any Guitar Hero game.
A guitar controller

Method: 1. Play any song on Guitar Hero muted and record your score and percentage notes played.
2. Play the same song with sound and record you score and percentage notes played.
3. Repeat 1 and 2 about 3 times.

Results:
Song / Sound Score / Sound Percentage / No Sound Score / No Sound Percentage

Miss Murder / 62615 / 98% / 45103 / 96%

Rock and Roll All Nite / 80907 / 99% / 64974 / 97%

Welcome To The Jungle / 98619 / 98% / 66910 / 94%

Conclusion: You play better with the sound on.

Please Discuss my findings!

PS. I used Guitar Hero 3 in the experiment.

If you want me to test soemthing ask me. Just check my collection to see if I have it!

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
You didn't do enough tests and did you control your variables? Are you sure you just weren't tired the second time around?
Shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shaun832
I did the mute first so it doesnt matter if I was tired if the sound is higher than the mute.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts

I did the mute first so it doesnt matter if I was tired if the sound is higher than the mute.Shaun832
But did you undergo the experiment multiple times? There's a reason the scientific method is in place (for you to follow).

Shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shaun832
Thats why i did it to 3 songs. I dint do the same song twice because afetr I do the sound version, the tune gets stuck in my head and the muted version wont be accurate.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
This would seem to me to just make logical sense... everyone plays a song better if they can get into it.
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

This would seem to me to just make logical sense... everyone plays a song better if they can get into it.GabuEx

Not necessarily true. I love the songs Institutionalized (bad covers suck) and Miserlou, but I consistantly do better on Dead! and Laid To Rest, two songs I hate.

Kokihatu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Kokihatu_
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
Well Instituzionalised and Misirlou are amongst the hardest songs in GH2 so I don't see how you find that very strange.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]This would seem to me to just make logical sense... everyone plays a song better if they can get into it.Brmarlin

Not necessarily true. I love the songs Institutionalized (bad covers suck) and Miserlou, but I consistantly do better on Dead! and Laid To Rest, two songs I hate.

Between two songs of equal difficulty, I meant. Of course easier songs will always be easier than harder songs either way.

-insert_coin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 -insert_coin-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

well, whenever there is a song I really love and begin jumping up and down to or try toshow off too... i play worse...

*cough*

-INKling-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 -INKling-
Member since 2007 • 4237 Posts
It makes sense you would do better with the sound on as the rhythm is there to keep you on track. Without the sound you have to work harder at keeping in time which would affect your concentration. I wonder if there's a difference between your version and this version?
naelgilani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 naelgilani
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts
Sound helps so much more. Like some people have already said it helps you get into the 'groove' and get into the song. Also it helps if you know the song. I played really on songs that I already knew and liked and played them for the first time on any of the Guitar Hero games
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
[QUOTE="Brmarlin"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]This would seem to me to just make logical sense... everyone plays a song better if they can get into it.GabuEx

Between two songs of equal difficulty, I meant. Of course easier songs will always be easier than harder songs either way.

Hehe, yeah, unfair comparison on my part.