Expectations with major AAA games (thoughts)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

Thought I'd repost this from my profile at the escapist. Can't stop dwelling on it for some reason.

I thought about pulling a quote from a blunt, honest open moment from Kevin Hart's "Seriously Funny" stand up special where he's discussing 'men' and 'women' and switch the nouns strictly to 'games' and 'gamers'. Almost sounds like a game personified.

Not entirely true but to some degree it kinda fits. This post ain't coming at anybody, I know there are important demands the industry should meet with its customers with pricing, play quality, content they could recognize more. But its just a test to see how this works in a different context,

(Games) are not perfect. We know we're not perfect.

See the reason why (games) are not perfect (gamers) you have a little to do with that. *pause* You put (games) on too high of a pedestal. Whatever pedestal you have us on, take us off.

It's too high. We'll never meet all your expectations. *reassuringly* Take us off.

I'm serious. Here's the thing about 'games'. Once you realize 'games' do dumb shit. 'games' can be dumb sometimes. Games are gonna **** up. That's in our (mechanical) nature as games. Once you realize that, we'll get along so much better.

I can't help but reference that quote in my head, when we the gaming community at times, have gotten a bit too disgusted over actually decent titles that failed to 'shock and awe' the world.