Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

Since Rome 2, we haven't seen a totally historical total war. this one seems to be just that.

It will take place in bronze age, just before the mysterious bronze age collapse.

Seems quite an interesting time period.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1937780/Total_War_PHARAOH/

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

I always like a total war game so its on my to get list. It may be a while before I play it though.

Nice to see a return to a more historic setting. Warhammer is also great but nice to have the variety too.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I'm hopeful but not excited.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Absolutely. Total War is not only a great franchise and one I look forward to, but it's also an incredibly good value as I tend to get at least 200+ hours out of each installment.

The DLC can be a bit egregious but honestly? Most of it is pretty good and worth it. Rarely do I feel ripped off. They also roll out a lot of free content and updates.

Also, icing on the cake, ancient Egypt is one of my favorite historical time periods. Though to be frank it seems bit more narrow in scope than most of the Total War games, but at the same time Total War Shogun 1 and 2 were just about Japan and those were great games, so why not Egypt/North Africa?!

Chariots and camels and elephants, oh my!