Evil Dead Games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tommytwo8s (25 posts) -

I would love to see the Evil Dead games(even Hail) to be put on the PSN. I miss playing as Ash blasting away with a shotgun. I feel like most evil dead fans that THQ should start make another game with more horror base feel, plus it would look sick on the PS3.

#2 Posted by iowastate (7922 posts) -

I agree - not only were the Evil Dead games great fun I especially liked playing Fistful of Boomstick because I have family in
Dearborn Michigan and loved comparing the video game town to the real city.

the travels through history are a lot of fun and make up for any problems the game has.

I think PSN would be a great venue for an Evil Dead game and I nominate Fistful of Boomstick which was my fave.

#3 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I've wanted to play those games forever. The reviews have always stopped me right at the moment of walking one to the counter and buying it... Perhaps next time I'll go through with it. Man-Up.

:)

#4 Posted by iowastate (7922 posts) -

I've wanted to play those games forever. The reviews have always stopped me right at the moment of walking one to the counter and buying it... Perhaps next time I'll go through with it. Man-Up.

MonkeySpot
I've played the Buffy game and I think that Evil Dead is a little better
#5 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

iowastate

I've played the Buffy game and I think that Evil Dead is a little better

Which one? There are about 5 or 6, far as I know.

#6 Posted by iowastate (7922 posts) -

I was referring to the afore mentioned Chaos Bleeds - it was fun but the biggest problem was the lack of save points anywhere but at the beginning and end of a chapter

#7 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I was referring to the afore mentioned Chaos Bleeds - it was fun but the biggest problem was the lack of save points anywhere but at the beginning and end of a chapter

iowastate

And, I was refering to your comment of "Evil Dead" game or games being better, to which I asked, "Which one, there are several?" - Which Evil Dead game are you talking about, they're not all equally good.

#8 Posted by iowastate (7922 posts) -

[QUOTE="iowastate"]

MonkeySpot

And, I was refering to your comment of "Evil Dead" game or games being better, to which I asked, "Which one, there are several?" - Which Evil Dead game are you talking about, they're not all equally good.

and i specified Fist Full of Boomstick earlier and that is the game I was still referring to in regards gameplay. I found it not too disimilar in gameplay with a lot of interesting action but the main advantage comes with not being limited to the end of the chapter to make a save. that was the primary gripe I had with Chaos bleeds. it was fun to play but if you had to leave before you finished the chapter you started all over again.
#9 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="iowastate"]

iowastate

and i specified Fist Full of Boomstick earlier and that is the game I was still referring to in regards gameplay. I found it not too disimilar in gameplay with a lot of interesting action but the main advantage comes with not being limited to the end of the chapter to make a save. that was the primary gripe I had with Chaos bleeds. it was fun to play but if you had to leave before you finished the chapter you started all over again.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a dumbass.

:oops:

I found "Regeneration" the other day for a few bucks so I picked it up, will get "Boomstick" as soon as I can find it cheap'n'easy to score.

"Chaos Bleeds" was far from a perfect game I will admit, freely, and there were a few completely idiotic points where what you're supposed to accomplish could have been more evident, or spotty camera stuff, but I guess after watching all of the seasons several times over, you could say I had my fanboy blinders on for that game.

:P

#10 Posted by iowastate (7922 posts) -

we all have our favourites and it is all a matter of personal preference.

#11 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

iowastate

Well I really appreciate your suggestions, Thank You for opening my eyes to a few titles!

:D

#12 Posted by iowastate (7922 posts) -

[QUOTE="iowastate"]

MonkeySpot

Well I really appreciate your suggestions, Thank You for opening my eyes to a few titles!

there are so many enjoyable games out there it is impossible to play them all but fun to try. I've been going back to the playstation and PS2 recently and having some fun with some of the older games that really are as good and even better than many of the new ones
#13 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="iowastate"]

iowastate

there are so many enjoyable games out there it is impossible to play them all but fun to try. I've been going back to the playstation and PS2 recently and having some fun with some of the older games that really are as good and even better than many of the new ones

That's exaclty where I'm at, as well. I've been playing a ton of PS2 games (a good number of them, horror titles like "The Thing", and "Clock Tower 3"). It's the only way to fly if you dig horror games, anymore.

Unfortunately.

So picking up on "Evil Dead" games, you just widened the road a little for me.

#14 Posted by chaz1911 (76 posts) -
that would be good i just recently played hail to the king and realy enjoyed it