bobdihi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 bobdihi
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

All games created with Unity are crashing. No problem with games from UE4. Cant find solution anywhere.

My specs

Windows 10

Radeon R9 270x

I5 4960

16gb Ram

"-force-d3d9" trick doesnt work

Games crash randomly, sometimes 2 min into gameplay sometimes 1hour into gameplay.

When game crashes my screen locks up with a pattern on the screen and a continuous buzzing sound.

That does not happen with Unreal engine games

Ctrl-Alt-Del doesnt work. PC needs to be rebooted. Its been going like this for a very long time now.

Its driving me crazy. So many good Unity games I cant play.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@bobdihi said:

All games created with Unity are crashing. No problem with games from UE4. Cant find solution anywhere.

My specs

Windows 10

Radeon R9 270x

I5 4960

16gb Ram

"-force-d3d9" trick doesnt work

Games crash randomly, sometimes 2 min into gameplay sometimes 1hour into gameplay.

When game crashes my screen locks up with a pattern on the screen and a continuous buzzing sound.

That does not happen with Unreal engine games

Ctrl-Alt-Del doesnt work. PC needs to be rebooted. Its been going like this for a very long time now.

Its driving me crazy. So many good Unity games I cant play.

What's the error?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Hmm my current set-up is the following-

Win10 (****ing hate this OS and constantly gives me problems), Intel Core i7(serviceable till shown otherwise), 16GB Ram (aim to upgrade to 32 before BGIII), RX 560x (also aim to switch out but not sure on the part just yet)

Overall think it heavily comes less from the engine, but rather the lack of optimisation skills/ experience from some of these developers. And on P.C. I've noticed quite a few have a philosophy that "fan mods will fix it, why bother".

So getting stuck with a broken piece of **** it actually pretty common, especially anyone who dips into Early Access.

It's the price we pay for an open platform. But some of these broken games also have rewarding gameplay between the glaring cracks that make it all worth the effort and frustration. And quite often a mod/ patch is created by fans for those games as well. I recommend checking the nexus mod site to see if it can help fix any of your games you have issue with.