Ever been so frustrated you had to put a game down?

• 55 results
mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

For example, at the moment I'm stuck on the Luncheon Kingdom in Mario Odyssey, trying to get across all the rotating platforms for one of those scarecrow challenges. So far I've done okay in the game, but this one area is kicking my ass. I must have lost about 500-600 coins trying to get to the end, so that's what... 50-60 failures in a row! Never been so agitated making a coffee haha.

How about you guys/girls, any particular game that just seems to have your number?

Rosutoenjeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Rosutoenjeru
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

Dark souls is an obvious one, Doki Doki Literature Club is the one that pissed me off the most though, I quit right after (SPOILERS) Sayori died

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Lots of games throught out the years lol.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mandzilla  Moderator

Yay! I got past it. :)

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Sooooo many games lol

SCP-1471-A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SCP-1471-A
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

I got so annoyed with The Keeper/box head in The Evil Within that I rage quit and have never picked the game back up since then.

Erebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Erebus
Member since 2003 • 1331 Posts

Dark Souls is a devious one. Many times I have died and just wanted to stop for awhile. Howevr, I didn't want to leave my souls down there and forget about them. So I go retrieve them before I stop....

But then, I'm thinking that since I'm already here, I may as well keep going. Much like the cycle of the flame itself, this often repeats.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mandzilla  Moderator

Good posts guys, video gaming is a struggle.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

my tolerance for failure has gone down the drain. Three attempts and I'm done, sorry. I know, it's lame, but gaming just doesn't hold my interest like it used to, I don't have all day to sit there and spend one hour trying to get past something that takes 1 minute if done correctly.

savorcygnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 savorcygnus
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

If nothing else, it usually also helps to just put the game down and come back after a few hours. More often than not you'll one shot the area you've been struggling with for so long. I've had this happen numerous times, and mostly when you take a step back (for a few hours), and come back at it with a fresh mindset, you'll perform much better.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#12 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11654 Posts

No, not something that bothers me. Naturally high tolerance however, and I enjoy a challenge.

But I do quit some games because I don't enjoy what I'm playing.

dave1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dave1
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

not something that bothers me. Naturally high tolerance however, and I enjoy a challenge.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

I gotta go with Contra 3 aswell. The game is really fun, but very challenging also and gets frustrating.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10358 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

No, not something that bothers me. Naturally high tolerance however, and I enjoy a challenge.

@dave1 said:

not something that bothers me. Naturally high tolerance however, and I enjoy a challenge.

@RSM-HQ: seems like you've found a kindred spirit dude.

@mrbojangles25 said:

my tolerance for failure has gone down the drain.

for me it's not so much tolerance for failure, but tolerance for anything that deviates from what i deem acceptable. and the criteria for what i deem acceptable has grown increasingly narrower over the years.

i buy that many games that when i encounter anything that's jarring and interrupts my enjoyment of a game, more often than not i'll just promiscuously say bye to that game and hop straight into bed with another and then repeat the process, unless it's a rare example of a game that doesn't annoy me at any point from start to finish

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Me yesterday trying Bloodborne for the 1st time yesterday. Over 2 hours spent to get absolutely nowhere. F*** that game. Seriously. Made me so mad I tried Rayman Legends instead lol

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Pretty much every time I play Overwatch.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

my tolerance for failure has gone down the drain. Three attempts and I'm done, sorry. I know, it's lame, but gaming just doesn't hold my interest like it used to, I don't have all day to sit there and spend one hour trying to get past something that takes 1 minute if done correctly.

yea i'm definitely the same way these days (with the exception of Dark Souls and those types of games since that is part of the experience).

if its something more story driven and I fail a few times, I tend to quit pretty quickly or lower the difficulty when possible. I have more games than time to play them these days so if I feel like a game is wasting my time I won't put up with it for long.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I'm still angry that I bought an incomplete game called Blue Reflection at 60 dollars.

Avatar image for stanleyhudson12
StanleyHudson12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StanleyHudson12
Member since 2016 • 88 Posts

Basically every game I play, although usually it's more a loss of interest than frustration.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

lots of games

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#23 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11654 Posts
@Macutchi said:

seems like you've found a kindred spirit dude.

Weirdly rewording posts is something I've seen before here in GD from new users. Due to the lack of posts from @dave1 I assume it's an Alt being condescending; or an automated Bot keeping these forums look more busy than they are.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts
@savorcygnus said:

If nothing else, it usually also helps to just put the game down and come back after a few hours. More often than not you'll one shot the area you've been struggling with for so long. I've had this happen numerous times, and mostly when you take a step back (for a few hours), and come back at it with a fresh mindset, you'll perform much better.

Words of wisdom right here, I always find the more I lose=more frustrated I get=worse I play. I still get amazed when I one shot a level I was stuck on for an hour, even though it has happened to me countless times in my life

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34468 Posts

Not much in later days, but I remember when I was a kid and played Dragon's Lair for the NES. The game was probably made by Satan and was not possible to beat. Not even the first level. I took the game out of the console and threw it in the wall. My mother walked past and said something like "it's not fun to buy you gifts if that's what you do with them". I was extremely ashamed of myself and hated the game in silence after that. **** you, Dragon's Lair.

Gwynbleidd_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 137 Posts

Rayman 1, Crash Bandicoot 1 and Demon Souls are the three games that come to mind.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

yeah and I usually dont come back. not because I dont want to try again but because I have more games then I have time, so I dont let it bother me for very long I just move on at the first hint of boredom

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#29 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Plenty of games, but I enjoy a good challenge in video games so this usually just makes me want to get better. This is with well made games of course, there are some that just pissed me off and I quit them.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#30 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

A lot of them. Most recently I spent $50 on AO tennis, big tennis fan. And although the game isn't terrible, it's not good.

Its so annoying when you clearly hit a ball that is impossible to reach humanly and the A.I runs to it like he's a cheeta. It's so frequent it totally pisses me off.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ZombieProof
Member since 2016 • 359 Posts

Most recently?

Sister Friede. **** that bitch and her daddy.

Ugh.

keroro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 keroro23
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

yes

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#33 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

I'd say Splinter Cell Double Agent for Xbox 360. It took me about nearly two years to complete it for screwing things up over & over again. Plus, I'm playing Splinter Cell Trilogy HD for PS3 & having a hard time with the first S.C. game to the point of playing different games.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

i remember the first time i nearly beat mike tyson in punch out as a kid. i had done well all 3 rounds and was on my way ( i thought ) to a win by decision when i got knocked down at the 2:59 mark in the last round and couldn't get back up. it killed me and i did't touch that stupid game for like a month.

sprotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sprotz
Member since 2016 • 43 Posts

Playing this cheating piece of software called 'Football Manager' made me break controls, hard disks and even laptops. Most laptops I ever owned were broken this way.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

Demon souls made me question my abilities as a gamer.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9776 Posts

Last Guardian. Couldn't take the stupid camera issues. Cuphead...hand eye coordination isn't what is was I guess.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4342 Posts

i switch games and take breaks when am stuck at a certain part. i come back later and tend to blow right thru it easily

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Back in 1995 I hit my skill ceiling while playing Secret of Mana. I picked the back up a decade later and beat it with great satisfaction.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21647 Posts

Yeah, F-Zero GX required me to take a step back in order to beat its story mode on Very Hard (Nearly broke a couple GC controllers flinging them across the room in frustration)

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle forced me to take a step back when trying to get S-rankings for every mission (*Sigh* god damn camera/controls would randomly sabotage my efforts. Tails/Robonik/Knuckles/Rouge levels were just....ugh)

There's probably 2 other games that brought me to that level of being pissed (Most likely NES/SNES titles), I just can't remember which games they were...

A game being hard is normally not a reason why I would stop playing since I'm always up for a challenge. Its when the difficulty is due to bad game mechanics/design like poor camera or wonky controls that I begin to lose interest....

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#42  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@mandzilla:

One word, Dark. Souls. 3. I've gotten my ass handed to me so many times that I've put it down and haven't picked it back up in months! I think I've been traumatized! ?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

@mandzilla: Battletoads SNES comes to mind. Battletoads was by far the hardest game I ever played in my life, I cried! I got destroyed like over 100 times and I failed the game itself miserably. I manage to play the Arcade Battletoads and I had that same problem. Never again I return to the series.

Cuphead is now the new Battletoads but at the same time, Cuphead is less forgiving then Battletoads.

Gtwerge8080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gtwerge8080
Member since 2018 • 59 Posts

In Far Cry 5, the Jacob seed timed gun thing the first time made me put that game down for two months.

If you actually chill out and hit targets, the time bonus more than gets you through.

It’s not quite what the OP I think is asking, but in Far Cry 4 there was a “hey gamer f*** off we are going to take you down” moments where I was in a remote creek bed and ambushed by seven wolves, and when they didn’t take me down, an enemy truck rammed me at 40 mph (cuz, yeah, of course trucks go 40 mph in a creek).

So to that, I said “hey Far Cry 4 f*** off” and put down the game.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3448 Posts

Final round against Jinpachi in Tekken 5. This round was by far the most frustrating final battle when I first encountered it. Can't remember which character I picked, but I definitely remember spending over 30 minutes trying to beat it.

Jinpachi's fireball move takes 2/3 of your health bar that was a bitch to deal with.

ToxicToca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ToxicToca
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

TBOI Afterbirth +'s greed mode, i spend 7 fucking hours trying to beat it and ended up not beating it, after that i didn't play the game for days

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@mandzilla:

One word, Dark. Souls. 3. I've gotten my ass handed to me so many times that I've put it down and haven't picked it back up in months! I think I've been traumatized! ?

Ahh yes. I've heard some horror stories about the difficulty in Souls games, but have never actually tried any of them. Must be really tough though if you've taken such a long break from it! Haha xD

@davillain- said:

@mandzilla: Battletoads SNES comes to mind. Battletoads was by far the hardest game I ever played in my life, I cried! I got destroyed like over 100 times and I failed the game itself miserably. I manage to play the Arcade Battletoads and I had that same problem. Never again I return to the series.

Cuphead is now the new Battletoads but at the same time, Cuphead is less forgiving then Battletoads.

Hey no doubt, Battletoads is ridiculously hard. One of those games where I knew within two minutes of playing that I wouldn't be very good at it lol. Wow Cuphead is even less forgiving? Damn... nothing like a killer game to keep you humble. ?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@stanleyhudson12: Same with me. I enjoy what I play but loose interest and then never complete it.

MagnusZerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MagnusZerock
Member since 2018 • 27 Posts

@mandzilla said:

How about you guys/girls, any particular game that just seems to have your number?

Dark Souls :(