Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts

I don't want to mention the game or what happened to spoil it for anyone else, but when I was searching on youtube for basic combat tips it auto-filled with something from the ending that spoiled the story for me.

Has this happened to anyone else? How can you search for tips or reviews for a game without having it spoiled?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25139 Posts

Youtube intentionally works like that; it automatically suggests videos related to what you are interested in, which will inevitably lead to you being shown a video discussing the ending.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12536 Posts

@Maxpowers_32 said:

I don't want to mention the game or what happened to spoil it for anyone else, but when I was searching on youtube for basic combat tips it auto-filled with something from the ending that spoiled the story for me.

Has this happened to anyone else? How can you search for tips or reviews for a game without having it spoiled?

Try searching next time "no spoilers"? you are looking for content - they suggest you the most popular videos so it may contain spoilers

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts

@gerygo said:
@Maxpowers_32 said:

Try searching next time "no spoilers"? you are looking for content - they suggest you the most popular videos so it may contain spoilers

Does that work? My fear is that searching for "no spoilers" will bring up videos with spoilers since it has that word in it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12536 Posts

@Maxpowers_32 said:
@gerygo said:
@Maxpowers_32 said:

Does that work? My fear is that searching for "no spoilers" will bring up videos with spoilers since it has that word in it.

Most known game reviewers try to show gameplay mostly and as least as story as possible to be spoiler free review - that's for review. If you want walkthrough this might be more challenging.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 1401 Posts

Yes, it happened to me a few times. Nowadays I avoid Youtube at all costs and stick to gaming walkthrough articles. Anything gaming related I stay away from Youtube. Those damn recommendations list that appears on the homepage or the side panel can easily spoil you.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7750 Posts

Youtube channels also not helping. They are fuking whores for clickbait with spoilery titles and thumbnail. Got spoiled by some random thumbnail on a game that I been playing for around 80 hours in, really killed my interest.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 586 Posts

Yes, The day I purchased a game there was a video in my recommendations and the thumbnail had a major plot twist in it along with the title.

These type of videos should not be allowed.