EA Games/DICE: Please make Alien vs Predator 'Battlefield' game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1fecf308e18
deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1fecf308e18
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts

I think this would be awesome! What do you guys think?

A petition has been started here -

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-dice-ea-please-make-alien-vs-predator-next-gen-game-for-pc-ps-xbox

Please take a moment to sign it and share if you like the sound of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

What kind of game mode concepts do you think would be good?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Pretty sure Warner bros. has rights to AVP and put 'em in Mortal Kombat for ya.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

@TheHighWind:

Ah I thought it was 20th Century fox who had the rights. All the same I'm sure EA games could get together with Warner/Fox or whoever needed to make it happen if the concept was there. They managed to get Star Wars Battlefront made and that's got to be the hardest franchise to get access for a game licence. I'm sure with enough hits on a petition it would get thier attention and discussions could happen :)

Would love to see what DICE could come up with for this as a game!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

no, please don't

AvP should be focused on an intimate single-player experience that, as in the past, provides a unique experience through the eyes of the three species that are constantly at war in the galaxy. It is a winning formula and they should not **** with it. Period.

The Marine campaign should be the underdog campaign, terrifying and separated from the unit while overcoming staggering odds. Generally some sort of Weyland-Yutani conspiracy.

The Predator campaign should be the lone-wolf experience, the elite hunter always with the surprise and tech edge but still against the odds due to numbers or bad luck or animal cunning.

The Alien campaign should be the stealthy hunter savage experience. Stalking the corridors, eating brains, killing the humans!!! It makes up for the terror of the Marine campaign, and the careful plodding of the Predator campaign.

This is how it should be. Don't **** with it. If you can find the fine folks from Monolith, get them together and give them a fancy game engine and let them make a new game. More of the same (as long as it isn't AvP 3 or Colonial Marines) is fine with me.

If they add multiplayer, it should be kept simple. Just some basic class-based multiplayer; AvP2 had the right idea with class-based multiplayer, well-designed maps, and no frills (we don't need perks, power ups, unlocks, or any of that nonsense).

We have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many multiplayer shooters right now, we don't need any more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

@mrbojangles25:

You make some interesting points for sure. I personally would love to see a multiplayer focused variant and my friends and I have discussed it a lot. We think it's a great idea - IF and a big IF, it is done right.

For example the Predators are likely the most powerful of the 3 species and we thought on the battlefield they could be limited to a smaller team than the other two species for balancing.

I totally agree that the marine should 'feel' exposed and 'threatened', which would make for team and squad based gameplay - you stray from the pack and you're dead! Atmosphere is everything.

The Predators would have to be smart - maybe limited to 8 in a 64 player game mode.

It would take a lot of balancing and ideas thrown around for sure. The reality of the situation is I believe only DICE are up to the mark to make this happen. EA Games won't touch a single player only game where thier market is currently 'Battlefield' style games.

Multiplayer shooters aren't going anywhere. We should focus on them being better and unique rather than opposing the idea altogether. You may not be so fond of them but the sales stats show thats what sells.

Every AVP game since the first 2 from as way back as 1999/2000 has kinda sucked and apart from the single player Alien: Isolation, none of the other games has done the series any good. It needs looking at.

The idea would work pending the correct team and execution and respect to the project. It needs a heap of money - a solid team with access to franchise rights and the best skills in the industry.

This needs to be a project for DICE.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

The truth is no one has even attempted anything like this yet. Personally I'm a big multi player shooter fan, I enjoyed Alien : Isolation but I'm all about big team battles. Single player games get dull for me. So in my opinion I think the concept is solid if executed properly.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25

@kalibore: yeah you're right it could be good and multiplayer games are by far some of the better value and more fun games out there, but singleplayer games offer a richer experience per time invested as well. Their only drawback is they are very, very limited in how long they last.

I don't know I'd be open to the idea of a multiplayer-focused AvP game, but given how in the span of 2.5 weeks we had BF1, Titanfall2, and CoD: Infinite Warfare (all shooters, all focused on multiplayer)...

...and in the past few months we've had maybe three shooters (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, DOOM, and Dishonored 2) focused on singleplayer...

I think maybe we can relax a bit on the multiplayer emphasis.

Keep in mind most of us were playing Battlefield 4 up until a few months ago, a game that lasted us damn near three years!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

@mrbojangles25:

Absolutely man! BF4 for 3 years - My friends and I were sick of it a year ago! They always release everything in a big lump in November just before xmas. These publishers really should spread thier games out.

I'm on the same page as you with that! But in reality if this became a real project it wouldn't land likely for at least - bare minimum 2/3 years in development so could breath easy, it would be some time.

It really needs to be treated with the respect it deserves. Personally I'm kinda fed up of the current style of multi player shooters. War this and war that. I think some good Sci-Fi done right would be great. I hated the laser weapons in SW: Battlefront. That game is nothing like I'd imagine this.

When I said AVP: Battlefield - I am using that term very losely. I think the standard conquest and rush should be ditched and something completely new and creative should go in place.

The mulitplayer shooter market is so stagnant. Don't get me wrong, the games are good but nothing new - dynamics are all the same as we have played to death. Titanfall 2 - New COD - BF1 etc.

I think these big game devs want a new franchise to stick thier claws into. Something that will have a following and guarantee sales. I thinking merging Battlefield and AVP could do that if treated with care.

It would certainly add some new dynamics for gameplay. Ceiling running and ambushing Marines as an Alien! Nothing big scale like it has been done before. Lets forget Sega and Gearboxes attempts previously!

Full overhaul ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

A twist on the classic 'Conquest' game mode could be that the Colonial Marines have crash landed on an Alien planet and rather than the standard capture the points objective, they could be trying to retrieve components for their crashed ship placed around the map like the capture points would be in 'Conquest' and return them back to the crashed ship whilst being intercepted and hunted by Aliens and Predators. I'm sure DICE could put together some excellent game modes.

I bet they could nail the atmosphere. The making for SW: Battlefront was so good - on site locations and such. The attention to detail (also the game kinda sucked for the most part) was amazing. The full and actual 3D modelling of the actual film models etc. That lvl of care and detail is deserving of the Alien and Predator franchises imo.

I know EA wouldn't even consider a single player only version and the extent of this design for SP only.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

...Imagine having to go into a room full of Alien eggs to flick a switch on a console or some objective, then having to run away in terror as the eggs hatch and you are getting chased down a hallway by a player controlled face hugger ;)

FUN!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@kalibore said:

I think this would be awesome! What do you guys think?

A petition has been started here -

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-dice-ea-please-make-alien-vs-predator-next-gen-game-for-pc-ps-xbox

Please take a moment to sign it and share if you like the sound of it.

I think that blue elephants would be a cool sight so please sign my petition.

But to the point, You have as much chance of that happening as you have of a million people signing the petition.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

@Jacanuk: dude...what's wrong? You've gone like way cynical. Spending too much time in OT? System Wars?

This is Games discussion man, I remember you being a bit more of a positive presence here :(

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

another bad company game maybe

remiaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 remiaw
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts

AvP multiplayer is already fun with some friends. Really enjoyed it for what it is, not sure a change is good