Driveclub: PS+ vs Full version explained

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

I am getting the full version

Avatar image for marcheegsr
#2 Posted by marcheegsr (3113 posts) -

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

55 Tracks and 50 cars for the full version

Avatar image for firefox59
#4 Posted by firefox59 (4530 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#5 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

Avatar image for SoNin360
#6 Posted by SoNin360 (6747 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

That's what initially made me believe that the PS+ version was pretty much going to be the full version. But having only 10 or so cars and tracks of the 50 or so of each one doesn't sound like nearly the full game to me. So maybe the trophies will be really easy, or there will still be plenty to do with the limited number of cars and tracks. In any case, I'll just stick with the PS+ version since I never had huge interest in the game. And as a trophy whore I like that all the trophies will still be obtainable in the stripped down version.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

That's what initially made me believe that the PS+ version was pretty much going to be the full version. But having only 10 or so cars and tracks of the 50 or so of each one doesn't sound like nearly the full game to me. So maybe the trophies will be really easy, or there will still be plenty to do with the limited number of cars and tracks. In any case, I'll just stick with the PS+ version since I never had huge interest in the game. And as a trophy whore I like that all the trophies will still be obtainable in the stripped down version.

This is more of an experiment though, this is the first time they are releasing a big retail game from launch to ps+

Avatar image for firefox59
#8 Posted by firefox59 (4530 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

Then why does it say if you buy the full version you can take your points and trophies with you? Sounds to me like unlockables and trophies are unavailable in the free version.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#9 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

Then why does it say if you buy the full version you can take your points and trophies with you? Sounds to me like unlockables and trophies are unavailable in the free version.

IT means you don't lose them

Avatar image for liquidsuns
#10 Edited by liquidsuns (148 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Same here. The ps plus version just seems like a massive demo.

It is. No surprise.

You can get all trophies without getting the full version

Then why does it say if you buy the full version you can take your points and trophies with you? Sounds to me like unlockables and trophies are unavailable in the free version.

To me, that would indicate the exact opposite.