Dragon Ball Evolution fighting game is made by Dimps, the same team behind SFIV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ASK_Story (11455 posts) -

This game looks like a joke but do you think we're writing it off to soon? I just noticed today, if anyone else didn't know by now, that Dragon Ball Evolution is made by Dimps, the same development team that co-developed arguably the best current-gen fighter to date, Street Fighter IV.

So what do you guys think? Are we making fun of this game too much and looking it over because it's obviously about a cheesy new movie that's a big-time flop in the making? Or do you guys think the movie AND the game will catch everyone by surprise and turn out, there I say it, good? :|

Because it's from Dimps, maybe this would be a good example of the game being better than the movie, LOL! Or Dimps stuck this game to a few interns to make it while they focused on Street Fighter IV. :P

Watch this game turns out to be better than Street Fighter IV....YEAH RIGHT!!! It's PSP only. I guess the point is we shouldn't look this over because it might turn out good, the game not the movie, because it's by Dimps who are talented developers.

Anyway, you guys be the judge. Here are some screens:

Dragonball: Evolution Picture

Never mind. It looks bad. Dimps...how could you guys go so low! :x

#2 Posted by Bigboss232 (4997 posts) -

you know dimps already made a dbz game before it was buokai 3 I think.

#3 Posted by DarkCatalyst (20965 posts) -

Dimps was the team behind the Budokai series, so it's to be expected.

Don't count on it amounting to anything.

#4 Posted by Bigboss232 (4997 posts) -

I only needed to see one pic this game is crap and should be destroyed.

#5 Posted by DarkCatalyst (20965 posts) -
One thing that needs to be pointed out is, Street Fighter IV was NOT a Dimps game. It was a Yoshinori Ono game, and Dimps just happened to be the team of mindless drones for Ono to crack the whip at. No Ono this time = just another crappy licensed game.
#6 Posted by ASK_Story (11455 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]One thing that needs to be pointed out is, Street Fighter IV was NOT a Dimps game. It was a Yoshinori Ono game, and Dimps just happened to be the team of mindless drones for Ono to crack the whip at. No Ono this time = just another crappy licensed game.

Also, I really didn't know the Budokai games was from Dimps. I remember hearing about it but I guess it slipped my mind. And you're right about the Ono thing. I'm sure Capcom R&D also had a HUGE input in the development of SFIV. And this DB game looks rushed.
#7 Posted by martialbullet (10948 posts) -

It just reminded me of Street Fighter II:The Movie: The Game :lol:

Seriously, when will filmmakers realize that just because you can turn anything live action doesn't mean you should. Now we have to see it go into a video game. I'd say that makes it twice as wrong. Look at those screens! They're making real life actors look like caricatures and it just looks...strange. Oh man the guy playing Goku and Chow Yun Phat, they look like they're forced to wear some cheap Halloween costumes.

So anyways, it'll just play like Budokai? Yup, SFII: The Movie: The game it is...