Dragon Age 3, why I'm excited and what I would like to see in it!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for renouncereality
Renouncereality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By Renouncereality
Member since 2014 • 87 Posts

Sooo the new trailer just came out for Dragon Age 3 and my god does it look f***ing incredible! If you haven't seen it yet have a looksie here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2h4qUNJ60

Since the Witcher 3 has been pushed back until next year this has become the biggestRPG release of 2014. I think Destiny will also be HUGE but it is in a slightly different vein to these fantasy RPG's (by the way I am also super keen for Destiny). Every new little tidbit of news that has been released for DA 3 has got me even more excited. The big (semi)-open world looks incredible and maintains a lot of the feeling from the past games. The story and characters seem to be interesting and there is a welcome return of some past favourites like Varric, Morrigan and possibly Alistair.

I am also really excited to see how they tie in the previous installments into the 3rd. There was a lot of divergent story lines and character arcs so it will obviously be hard for Bioware to put it together in a meaningful way but I have every confidence that they can. They do cop a bit of flak from time to time about the direction that took Mass Effect but I for one thought that each of those games were incredible.

Furthermore I was one of the (apparently) few people who loved Dragon Age 2. I agree that the overall story was not as interesting as Origins but the immense amount of content surrounding your supporting characters and their stories, along with the problems between the Templars and the Mages made for some very memorable storytelling. I actually really enjoyed the fact that they made an effort to break from traditional storytelling methods and instead made a game which focuses on the little things. For example you spent a lot more time in DA2 delving into the lives of your party and learning about them in an in-depth way that few other games have managed to do. It would have been easy for them to simply tell another good vs evil story (which they did fall back on at the end) but the majority of the storytelling was done on a very small scale. I thought it was awesome.

I also preferred the combat from DA 2 to origins (cue the hate). It was often criticised by some of the more hardcore fans for being too simple and being sped up to make it more 'accessible'. However I believe that it made the combat immensely more fun. It may not have been as technical but it looked awesome! I don't necessarily think that the origins combat was too hard but I preferred to play it on easier settings because it was so slow. I just wanted to get to the next bit of story and didn't want to have to grind for so long that I would forget what is happening in the plot. Its only a minor critique by the way because I have played each of the games at least 3 times all the way through.

Therefore I would obviously love to see some more of the same in terms of story and gameplay in the 3rd. By the looks of it the story will be compelling and there will be a massive cast of characters. This is also a Bioware game so it will no doubt incorporate all this together in an interesting way. With the gameplay they are trying to blend the 2 previous games together so that it is not as technical as origins but also not as simple as 2. This should be awesome and from the looks of the trailer the combat looks energetic and visceral, just what I want!

Overall I think I am already giving this game a 10 haha just gimme all the Bioware RPG that I can consume and I'll be a happy little gamer!

Cheers,

Lachie

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I'd like to See Multiplayer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44239 Posts

Yeah that trailer looked great. I'm a big Bioware fan and loved the first two games so I definitely can't wait for Oct. 7th to get here so I can start playing this one.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Multiplayer.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/741/821/644.gif

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Oh Come On ! It worked for Diablo !

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072abf2e969
deactivated-5c072abf2e969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c072abf2e969
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

is this a direct sequel or a spiritual successor. I want to get into Dragon Age but I dont want to play 1 and 2