DOOM 4: any news on it.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

any.?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Last I heard (October 2011) the project was "indefinitely postponed" due to the poor reception of Rage. Source. Nothing more since then.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Last I heard (October 2011) the project was "indefinitely postponed" due to the poor reception of Rage. Source. Nothing more since then.Black_Knight_00

Actually, it was confirmed that those rumors were false. However, beyond that, there hasn't been any news.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Just some rumours how it will look better on PC and how it will "amaze us" but nothing concrete.

bogorad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bogorad
Member since 2010 • 88 Posts

Last time i heard or read anything the lead designer or creative director left the doom 4 project durring the id sofware layoffs in january,also Timothee Besset the guy who did the ports of id software games to Linux like doom 3 etc left in january also, so there probably wont be a linux version of Rage or Doom 4.

Though Timothee left before the layoffs, because of a pesrenal choice,as he said where the technology is.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Unfortunately no.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Still in the creative brainstorming aspect If I'm gonna take a guess.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Last I heard (October 2011) the project was "indefinitely postponed" due to the poor reception of Rage. Source. Nothing more since then.Legendaryscmt

Actually, it was confirmed that those rumors were false. However, beyond that, there hasn't been any news.

Oh even better then.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

This is no news but we can speculate with the information we do have.

We know they just finished up with Rage last year. We know their next project is suppose to be DOOM4 ( they have talked about it ) yet no anouncements have been made

We can guess they are working on the game, with an aprprox. time of 3 years. We know the new consoles should be out, or making their debut by this time, so you could also guess Doom 4 will be a next gen title.

So there you have it. Without any news we have used the information & intelligence at hand to figure out DOOM 4 will makes its debut in about 3 years on next gen consoles. Bravo people. We did it.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

This is no news but we can speculate with the information we do have.

We know they just finished up with Rage last year. We know their next project is suppose to be DOOM4 ( they have talked about it ) yet no anouncements have been made

We can guess they are working on the game, with an aprprox. time of 3 years. We know the new consoles should be out, or making their debut by this time, so you could also guess Doom 4 will be a next gen title.

So there you have it. Without any news we have used the information & intelligence at hand to figure out DOOM 4 will makes its debut in about 3 years on next gen consoles. Bravo people. We did it.

brucecambell

Apparently Doom 4 will still be a current-gen title and run at 30 fps on the consoles (opposed to Rage's 60 fps).

The PS3 version could supposedly end up having the "most data" out of the three version due to blu-ray (according to Carmack's recent hints).

It's confirmed to use the same engine as Rage (id Tech 5 - id Tech 6 is apparently too heavy even for the best PCs currently) and supposedly they'll give the PC version more attention this time, utilizing the better hardware it offers (Rage was really a console port so to speak).

Other speculation ranges from that it's gonna be a kinda spiritual sequel to Doom II to suggestions that it will be a more squad based FPS more remiscent on Halo and Call of Duty but nothing concrete.

I have personally been waiting for atleast a teaser on their Quake Con show since two years now so they better reveal it this year if they don't want interest for the game to fade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

Indefinitely postponed due to not being a modern military shooter.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I use to think it was cool when video games took at least 4-5 years to make. That it represented some idea in my head that the game will be better and more polished because of longer development time. More and more, I've learned that these games are usually troubled by development issues. Doom 4 to me, is vaporware in the likes of Duke Nukem Forever before it was revived and released last year. Honestly, I have no hope for it and I don't even care if it's released or not because they didn't even bother to send us fans any news on it. I absolutely hate being left in the dark. This goes for Agent (PS3) as well. Don't hold your breath, forget they ever existed, and move on and play all the other amazing games out there.