Dont blame EA for bad games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

West123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 West123
Member since 2005 • 716 Posts

Its not like EA develops any games they just take the credit ...the only game I can think of is NFS and umm well... help me out...

I bet nobody can find 1 great EA game (developed) o___O

jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts

Some good games developed by EA are:

-Medal of Honor: European Assault (PS2)

-Need for Speed: High Stakes (PS1)

-Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

It would seem that EA is more of a publisher than a developer.

rety5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 rety5
Member since 2006 • 2261 Posts

-The battlefield series

-Medal of honour: Frontline

-Freedom Fighters

-Battle for middle earth

-C&C3

PM me the link to that video of you eating your hat when its ready :)

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts
Generally EA's products was are pretty good. I just am upset with them over the NBA live series and teh Madden series. they don't have competetion for football so they got lazy with that. They haven't made a good nba game in years
West123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 West123

-The battlefield series

-Freedom Fighters

-Battle for middle earth

-C&C3

rety5

hmm battlefield is developed by dice and freedom fighter is done by the guys that made hitman IQ, Io or sumthing dono about the others XD

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Its not like EA develops any games they just take the credit ...the only game I can think of is NFS and umm well... help me out...

West123

That's like saying "don't blame Paramount if the movie stinks". EA sets the release dates for games they publish. And they are reknowned for releasing a game even when it is clearly not finished... Release first and patch later is a hallmark that EA pretty much invented. So, yes, they can be blamed for the games they release.

RealDuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 RealDuffi
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

EA's corporation ranks in money by releasing. Most of their "operations" are publishing-related. They are hated because of their notorious ability to release game before they are done.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
What they do a lot of times is obtain a developer after they make their first great game. Then after they are under EA what usually happens is the next game is rushed and a lot of times then whored out for the next few years with half ass efforts to to keep the cash cow going...
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

Well, as EA is publishing the games, they're responsible for the quality too. If they see a dev that cuts too many corners, or just develops a lame game, they should step up and say the game needs to be improved as a publisher. If they don't, they show that they're only in it for the money, and don't mind the games.

Avatar image for Uberbadassmufuh
Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Uberbadassmufuh
Member since 2004 • 1006 Posts
[QUOTE="West123"]

Johnny_Rock

That's like saying "don't blame Paramount if the movie stinks". EA sets the release dates for games they publish. And they are reknowned for releasing a game even when it is clearly not finished... Release first and patch later is a hallmark that EA pretty much invented. So, yes, they can be blamed for the games they release.

To be perfectly fair, it was Valve who made that the norm in PC publishing. HL was a tremendous success and was really quite bug ridden until several patches in. What EA pioneered was releasing unfinished products and never really finishing them.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="West123"]

Uberbadassmufuh

To be perfectly fair, it was Valve who made that the norm in PC publishing. HL was a tremendous success and was really quite bug ridden until several patches in. What EA pioneered was releasing unfinished products and never really finishing them.

Most PC games are like that. What he's talking about isn't glitches or bugs but games that got published halfway through their development cycle. You know, when its obvious that the devs had a lot more planned but the publisher decided to force the game to go gold anyway.

rety5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rety5
[QUOTE="rety5"]

-The battlefield series

-Freedom Fighters

-Battle for middle earth

-C&C3

West123

hmm battlefield is developed by dice and freedom fighter is done by the guys that made hitman IQ, Io or sumthing dono about the others XD

Oh really? Then explain why the EA logo is in all the games I mentioned. :P Dice has always been a branch of EA and the team that did hitman worked with EA for freedom fighters. So please do your research.

Avatar image for SADISTICAMYROSE
SADISTICAMYROSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SADISTICAMYROSE
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Its not like EA develops any games they just take the credit ...

West123

So why shouldn't you hate EA, they present the games order others to make them, take credit for them and are the general face of... EA

You are kinda right though, it's not fair to ignore every single individual who has blood on his hands from murdering fun and quality

Everybody with connections to EA deserves to be hated by the world population

West123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 West123
[QUOTE="West123"][QUOTE="rety5"]

-The battlefield series

-Freedom Fighters

-Battle for middle earth

-C&C3

rety5

Oh really? Then explain why the EA logo is in all the games I mentioned. :P Dice has always been a branch of EA and the team that did hitman worked with EA for freedom fighters. So please do your research.

DUDE i said ...develops... EA publishes many games that other companies develop...with your logic CRYSIS was developed by EA????? NOW freedom fighter (published by EA) is made by Io interactive the ones who made Kane and lyche which was published by EIDOS...PUBLISHING IS NOT DEVLOPING

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
EA forces some games out before they are ready, it hurts the quality.
rety5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rety5
[QUOTE="rety5"][QUOTE="West123"][QUOTE="rety5"]

-The battlefield series

-Freedom Fighters

-Battle for middle earth

-C&C3

West123

DUDE i said ...develops... EA publishes many games that other companies develop...with your logic CRYSIS was developed by EA????? NOW freedom fighter (published by EA) is made by Io interactive the ones who made Kane and lyche which was published by EIDOS...PUBLISHING IS NOT DEVLOPING

Then I will think you will find EA is not a developer :D Im still waiting for that link :)

prasath_amd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 prasath_amd
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

EA forces some games out before they are ready, it hurts the quality.OneWingedAngeI

Totally Agreeeeeeeeee8)

West123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 West123
[QUOTE="West123"][QUOTE="rety5"][QUOTE="West123"][QUOTE="rety5"]

-The battlefield series

-Freedom Fighters

-Battle for middle earth

-C&C3

rety5

Then I will think you will find EA is not a developer :D Im still waiting for that link :)

Okaeeey....rety5 you just laid down one big fat squadoosh but its kewl I will surrender to you...off to watch history in the making 19-0