Does Halo 4 live up to your expectations?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

Hello, gamespot.

As I first put in the Halo 4 disc into my xbox today, I could already tell it was something special. I was astounded by the music, and the gun sounds are absolutely amazing. I have honestly not found anything other than amazing in this game.

I had high expectations for Halo 4 when it was first announced, but I never thought it would be so good, coming from a new company. 343 has done an outstanding job with this game, and I now know that Halo will be in good hands.

For those of you who got the game, what do you think about it? Please don't post spoilers for those who haven't played/beaten the game.

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts
I really didn't think much of it before release, even though I thought it looked OK. However, once I played my first multiplayer match I was hooked. Best HALO for me since HALO 2.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44474 Posts
Well so far so good. I mostly played online multiplayer so far, Big Team Battle and Spartan Ops, and the first chapter in the campaign. The game looks, sounds, and plays excellent. Online feels great and Spartan Ops seems very cool almost like it's a separate campaign to the game. I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes when they bring out more episodes for it.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'm currently hooked on the MP, and in no way do I think Halo being Call of Duty-fied (as many people said a few weeks ago and leading up to the release). Dominion (I think that's what it's called) is probably my favorite mode so far, it kind of feels like a mix of BF (with the base objectives) and a lot of Halo in there. While the Promethean weapons aren't that different than many of the normal ones, they're unique enough, and a lot of times seem to be better than the returning weapons (I prefer the Promethean shotgun compared to the normal one).

I'll eventually get to the SP when I have a good amount of time to get a substantial amount of time in, but right now the game is going to be taking up far too much of my life.

Busy_Man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Busy_Man123
Member since 2008 • 1430 Posts

It's fun, but no. I don't think there will ever be a Halo game that can really beat Halo: CE. But I'm still enjoying it at the end of the day.

ItsJoeMama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ItsJoeMama
Member since 2012 • 184 Posts

Hell yes! It's amazing.. I agree with decko5, it's the best Halo since Halo 2. Easily.