Does anyone know when Dead Island 2 will be released. ?

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 James47
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No idea it's been in development for years I hope they release the game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

@james47: Yager developers from the upcoming Dead Island 2 left Deep Silver due to issues with how they wanted to make the game, so Yager developers left Deep Silver and that was the very last thing we heard from Dead Island 2. Here is the link about the situation Dead Island 2 as of now: Dead Island 2 is still alive, Deep Silver insists

At the time, Yager said its vision for the game had "fallen out of alignment" with Deep Silver. The developer Yager Productions, which was set up to make Dead Island 2, was forced to file for bankruptcy shortly after, although Yager as a whole is still going strong and working on a new game called Dreadnought.

Dead Island 2 was originally due to launch spring 2015. Now, it seems it won't see the light of day for some time.

That was the very last news on Dead Island 2, it's on hold until further notice. Dying Light from the makers of previous Dead Island really show off on Deep Silver that Techland did amazing job with Dying Light, it hurt Deep Silver so much, they regret for letting them go and WB gave Techland the respect they deserve.

I really enjoy Dead Island/Riptide, but when I played Dying Light, it was a super upgrade Dead Island game I was waiting for. Deep Silver's Dead Island 2 is gonna have to show some really and I mean really improvements if they can beat out Dying Light formula.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#4 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Id be surprised if we ever get one. Dying Light was such a solid game, Deep Silver probably had to rethink how they wanted to approach the next Dead Island. It cost Yager their jobs sadly.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 James47

@CRUSHER88:

It's such a perfect game by the trailer i saw. Sooner or later they have release the game cause what's the point of making it in the first place.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 James47

@davillain-:

Dying Light is a completely different game than Dead Island.

From the perspective of Graphics, Environment, Plot, Adrenaline. It has everything.

But i do believe that Dead Island 2 will be more interesting than Dying Light.

It's probably because it will be set in Los Angeles, San Francisco and other locations. That's the key of making Dead Island 2 better than Dying Light, cause Dying Light is set in Turkey, and we all felt so isolated with this location. Los Angeles or San Francisco will feel better than Turkey cause it will give a different kind of feeling when killing zombies. It will be like going on a Safari. More interesting in a nutshell.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

really liked the first Dead Island and was kinda upset to see them change devs, but I really, really enjoyed Spec Ops: the Line by Yager, so their involvement actually got me excited for it. Without them, i just don't really care anymore. So much zombie stuff, anyway.