Does anyone else think both the Xbox One and the PS4 suck?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheManofTin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1 TheManofTin
Member since 2011 • 395 Posts

With both next gen consoles out already, and more room for people to provide first hand experiences with the tech, I thought I'd bring up a problem that has been bothering me since the reveal of both these systems- they both kind of suck. While the Sony elitists will exclaim "400 DOLLARS BRO" and the "Xbots" will reply with "BETTER MULTIPLAYER", and the PC elitists will condescendingly say "Pfft", I just think both the Xbox One and PS4 are both sort of a disappointment in their own right. Nothing seems to be new here. It all just seems like features we've seen before and I understand that it takes time for developers to utilize the full potential of both systems, but the jump in graphical quality and the "WOW" factor just aren't there, so what's all the current hype for?

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

The jump in graphical quality isn't there? Tell that to those of us enjoying Ryse or Killzone: Shadow Fall. Ryse, in particular, is absolutely stunning; leaps and bounds better than anything else available, IMO. To think that it looks like that at launch, and that games will only look better as we move forward is very exciting.

Cannot agree with you at all. Both PS4 and XBO are spectacular consoles so far, IMO. As an owner of both I am having an amazing time with both. The future is incredibly bright.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773fff2ce4
deactivated-57d773fff2ce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#3  Edited By deactivated-57d773fff2ce4
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

I think there is a lot of over hyped fluff on the new systems. I will get one a couple years once there's some interesting content on them, hopefully.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

They both look great to me. Getting an Xbox One in a few weeks and a PS4 early next year. Can't wait.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

I think they're both neat.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

This generational leap isn't as visually obvious. It's a leap forward in world fidelity rather than graphical fidelity. The games look a bit better, but the worlds they're creating have a greater density of interactive items and deformable environments. I've had a couple of "next-gen" moments so far. Where it hit me exactly what kind of things can happen on these machines that could not happen on the 360 or PS3. It's not as immediately impressive as it was going from SD to HD, that much is true. But in practice, there are some fun interesting games happening on both consoles and even more on the way.

And to that guy reaching for the quote button to give me an earful: Of course the PC has been able to do similar things forever. So it you're one of those "PC MASTER RACE" types, don't bother quoting me. The leap forward in consoles is good for PC players too, whether they'd like to admit it or not. Because now even PC focused companies who might want to port their games later will have a higher water mark to work within.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@nyc05: Dem low standards.

anybodykilla15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 anybodykilla15
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

I think they suck, sort of same reasons,

all they focused on is the look of next gen,

but I haven't seen anything next gen yet,

maybe when witcher 3 comes out

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@TheManofTin said:

With both next gen consoles out already, and more room for people to provide first hand experiences with the tech, I thought I'd bring up a problem that has been bothering me since the reveal of both these systems- they both kind of suck. While the Sony elitists will exclaim "400 DOLLARS BRO" and the "Xbots" will reply with "BETTER MULTIPLAYER", and the PC elitists will condescendingly say "Pfft", I just think both the Xbox One and PS4 are both sort of a disappointment in their own right. Nothing seems to be new here. It all just seems like features we've seen before and I understand that it takes time for developers to utilize the full potential of both systems, but the jump in graphical quality and the "WOW" factor just aren't there, so what's all the current hype for?

Were they all sold out when you went to get one? That what happened here?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well perhaps your expectations for a console that costs less than $1000 is unrealistic. The games look fabulous for the most part although there is room for improvement. Give it some time and it will improve. These new consoles blow away last gen by far.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm enjoying my new xbox one the graphics look real sweet on those next gen games and I have no regrets at all.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

No I don't think they suck. Anyway it's what games they provide that count. And only that.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#13 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Give them some real time to put some games on them first. Destiny and Titanfall should have the awe factor you seek.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No, but their launch line-ups certainly do suck.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Its only you.

murekkep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 murekkep
Member since 2005 • 758 Posts

It's really funny. Console players used to call PCs "typewriter"s and now all consoles look like a pc.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@TheManofTin said:

Do you only buy consoles and games for graphics? because then i kinda feel sad for you in a way because you are sure missing out on some great gaming.

But to the consoles, they dont suck they are actually pretty great even tho Xbox one for some strange reason have decided that 720p is the new black and even tho most cant see the difference its a strange move.

Graphicwise both the ps4 and Xbone is not a giant leap in quality over Ps3 and xbox360 but the improvements are there, just look at AC4 for next-gen and on pc and you will find it hard even on max out pc settings to see much of a difference where if you take the same game for xbox360 and ps3 its clear as day.

So no i dont think they suck at all i think its a great product, and once the games start coming out i will be right there buying both of them.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

@inb4uall: Dat ignorance.

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

I don't know, it's not like I own either, However, I will say tht so long as they can mke bigger games, with better graphics... That's all that really matters. The rest is just bonus features. I mean, NES to SNES to N64, thats all you got was better looking games, and I think that's all that really justifies a new console.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#21 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

They had weak launch like ups compared to their predecessors

LeftClick007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LeftClick007
Member since 2013 • 77 Posts

The new consoles are equivalent to a midrange PCs at the moment, the hardware isnt anything special, so whats important is what they do with it. If you only had access to a console last gen you will see a good difference, if you've had access to a high end pc for the last 3-4 years you will see that the consoles have finally caught up. Thats just how it goes, technology wise, but its a good thing. I was going to buy a PS4 but there just aren't any must have games for it yet. The consoles dont suck however, its just that they lack any titles that warrant an immediate purchase. Just give it time.

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts

Yeah, they suck right now. There's very few games to play on them and offer very little of anything else to be more interesting than current hardware. They'll get better though and when that day comes, I'll be buying myself one.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

I've been plenty happy with the PS4. It's got a fantastic controller, and RESOGUN and Killzone have been a blast so far. I played a lot of games this generation, but I didn't play anything on consoles that looked remotely as good as Killzone does, so yeah...

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I'm certainly not interested in either of them. I think I'll stick with my PC.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

As has been said, if you're pretty much a console-only gamer, then yes, there is a nice jump with these new consoles. Nothing on PS360 looked as nice as Battlefield/Killzone.The Twitch integration is something I'm really enjoying as a spectator.

And this is just the beginning. Look at the changes made in the PS360's lifetime. Completely new UI's and functionality and additional services. I'm sure we'll see a similar jump in features with time.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying BF4, Resogun, and Warframe, among others.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

you can always wait for better games coming out for it, it was the same during the last launch. There haven't been any killer apps since Halo and Super MArio 64

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I think the most failed aspect of next gen is online. That said next gen came too early. If the average internet mbps was greater then next gen would kick ass. Imagine every game becoming MMO. CoD, Assassins Creed, GTA, Fallout, even sport games MMO!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

No, but their launch line-ups certainly do suck.

The Xbox One launch titles don't suck imo.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian

Avatar image for turtlescientist
TurtleScientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TurtleScientist
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Which one do you suggest? I won't buy both but I need pros and cons to make a decision

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Your in the future and your using it to tell us the PS4 and X-Box suck! Post the lottery results FFS

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 MirkoS77  Online
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I never understand these complaints. ALL new hardware when released is initially going to be disappointing. Not only because developers have not yet had the time to explore and exploit what is capable on the new hardware, but because we're at a point hardware wise where the best of the old gen will be pretty much indescenable from the new of next.

There is a period of adjustment. People who buy a next-gen system need to realize this, and if they don't like it then don't buy it. I never buy next-gen systems at launch because I expect to be wowed on day one. I buy next-gen for the promise of the future.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#34 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I have an Xbone and I love it. The games I have are Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Forza 5, and Ryse. I haven't played Ryse yet, but I've been playing the others and they're fantastic. Great gameplay and a substantial increase in graphics from the 360. I'm set.

TheDarkSpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheDarkSpot
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

Most of the first post was pretty much EXACTLY what I said in a comment section here. Glad I'm not alone.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

I disagree, I think their both good.

They both have their own unique advantages which I've been really enjoying so far.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

The graphical leap forward is far less noticeable than it has been in previous generations. We had a leap from 2d to 3d, and 3d to hd. And now we have, what? HD to marginally better HD? I think I'll enjoy my 360 for a few more years until the xbox one goes down in price.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Not really. The second year of a console is when things generally take off with impressive "next gen" software- think GTA3/MGS2, Gears of War 1, SMG, Uncharted 1.