Do you want Crysis to become a movie. ?

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Do you want Crysis to become a movie. ? (16 votes)

Yes 6%
No 94%

When i first saw the game i said to myself, "This is gonna be BIG."
I didn't knew too much at that time, but when i first played the game i felt goosebumps.
The game, the graphics, the story, was so amazing and outstanding for a 2007 game, that made the next step in video game history. I mean Crysischanged the way we play games. It opened a window to a new generation.

• 
omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3482 Posts

Crysis would be a crisis diving into the movie world.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 James47
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

@omegamaster:

You crazy

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Wasn't the first game rather dull and unoriginal?

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 James47

@henrythefifth:

No it wasn't, it was legit.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11675 Posts

@james47: I know some like the first game and it's DLC but after the Crytek collapse, in both quality and finical troubles (because the games they make are garbage and no-one's buying that) think a movie would be a really bad idea.

A series known for mostly being tech demos and little less would make a terrible movie, let alone any other game Crytek has worked on in the past decade.

With that, I can't think of many gaming movies worth anyone's time; so maybe it's a bad idea regardless of developer or IP.

Correct me if I'm wrong but outside of the first Silent Hill movie_

Wasn't the first game rather dull and unoriginal?

The first game had some detailed open maps and gave an array of options to handle these areas, however the A.I. in the game was. . Not that great, abilities and weapons also being hit or miss. Add the vehicle sections and you have an overall average campaign. I often see myself compare it to Resistance: Fall of Man.

Yet "unoriginal" Crysis certainly isn't. Atmosphere and concept are really the main worth of praise with Crytek projects. Execution is a whole other discussion. Fans tend to overpraise Crysis because it's a technical marvel.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10483 Posts
@james47 said:

I mean Crysischanged the way we play games. It opened a window to a new generation.

it really didn't. it should have done. but it didn't.

it was possibly the last open world aaa style pure shooter which followed a linear story path without being littered with a bunch of filler side content to derail you from the story and force you to grind for gear upgrades.

and as much as it's one of my favourite shooters of all time, and a great barometer for gaming taste - people who dismiss it as a tech demo and who're unable to appreciate any of the great features / mechanics it combined in a way that hadn't been done before are generally idiots whose opinions aren't worth listening to - it probably wouldn't make a good film unless they abandoned the nonsensical crysis 2 story and instead finished off the "cliffhanger" ending of the first.

with the cloak mechanic and jungle setting it could have a bit of a predator vibe to it. but the game isn't a household name like assassin's creed and peaked in popularity nearly ten years ago so the chances of a crysis film ever materialising are zero, and that's being generous

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

I think not. Making a movies out of games is redundant.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By James47

@ronia:

Of course it would be interesting.
What's more interesting than Nanotechnology suit, Aliens, North Koreans with nanotechnology suit, and a Vast forest.

Everything is awesome. Don't listen to what people say, i believe is gonna be a big hit and at the end they will change their minds.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 James47

@RSM-HQ:

Crysis for some it might not be a good game, BUT IT IS A GOOD GAME. Making a movie about it, it depends on how much the people will bitch about it. I want to see a Crysis movie, and the people can say whatever they want.

They must make a Crysis movie.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 James47

@Macutchi:

Wrong.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
@james47 said:

@ronia:

Of course it would be interesting.

What's more interesting than Nanotechnology suit, Aliens, North Koreans with nanotechnology suit, and a Vast forest.

Everything is awesome. Don't listen to what people say, i believe is gonna be a big hit and at the end they will change their minds.

Chatting to a fresh account today, and it's first comment was this thread.

Call me paranoid but it looks like you made an alt just to agree with yourself?

(If true)

It's cool you like a franchise and had an idea of how you want a movie from it, even if it's one I mostly see flaws in. But making an alt to agree with yourself doesn't make it anymore a great idea.

Pull yourself together!! This board isn't stupid.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 James47

@RSM-HQ:

How about this. You tell me a game that should be a movie...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Macutchi

@james47 said:

@Macutchi:

Wrong.

explain

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RSM-HQ

@james47 said: Crysis for some it might not be a good game, BUT IT IS A GOOD GAME.

So to repeat, I'm bashing the games 'after' the first game and its expansion. Sure I still found a lot of flaws with the first game but it's not as bad as my thoughts with Crysis 2 and Crysis 3, and then adding Ryse to the mix. So to repeat again; the original Crysis isn't all that bad. If you skipped my notes of praise? That's noone elses fault other than those that refuse to read.

@james47 said:

@RSM-HQ:

How about this. You tell me a game that should be a movie...

Know very well that it's an unpopular opinion, but I usually don't enjoy movies in general. What isn't however, is that gaming movies are much, much worse.

If you read my first comment it's insisted the only one I found manageable was Silent Hill.

Many factors are for this. The Director and movie staff wanting big changes from the original source, or the source being too similar towards the game (out of fan fear) so it doesn't translate to a cinematic experience/ cramping a 15-20 games plot within 2-3 hours.

I mean. . We've all had a thought that seems cool but wouldn't actually work. That's just how this thread is going down. No one's taking away your love for the idea. You keep that, and with pride.

But that doesn't mean I'll, or anyone else will agree, we have our own likes and dislikes. And something's to be said if even @Macutchi stated "wouldn't make a good film" to a Crysis movie :P

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Macutchi

@RSM-HQ said:

But that doesn't mean I'll, or anyone else will agree, we have our own likes and dislikes. And something's to be said if even @Macutchi stated "wouldn't make a good film" to a Crysis movie :P

haha, i'm a huge crysis 1 fanboy to be fair. i think maybe only @mrbojangles25 can give me a run for my money in that respect

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Macutchi: Well let's not forget another Crysis fan in davillain-, surprised hes stayed out of this thread to be honest. Clearly enjoys his movies, and a huge fan of the original Crysis game.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

I remember people going batshit about the graphics but everything was kinda meh.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ
@clefdefa said:

I remember people going batshit about the graphics but everything was kinda meh.

If it came out in a different year it might have been given better fan reaction outside its visuals. Considering it does have a big map to play in.

But 2007 was an insanely good year for games with great gameplay. Super Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden: Sigma just to name a few_

The OP comment is very wrong to the point it hurts. Crysis was not special in 2007, if anything it was heavily overlooked because the year was a bounty of gaming riches.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

No the series is dead they ruined it with the dumbed down sequels it's irreverent now.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 James47

@warmblur:

Hey buddy, we talking about movies, not games.

BobTheHollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BobTheHollow
Member since 2017 • 70 Posts

@PETERAKO said:

I think not. Making a movies out of games is redundant.

I agree. If you make a movie out of the game's story beat by beat... then what's the point? Just play the game... On the other hand, if you make a movie that tells its own story set on that game's world, well, the two media are too fundamentally different, movies can't capitalize in the interactive storytelling of video games and the result ends up being utterly unsatisfying. Maybe someday they'll prove me wrong, but so far they haven't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@james47 said:

@warmblur:

Hey buddy, we talking about movies, not games.

I know that like I said the series is irrelevant now no need to make a movie.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By James47

@bobthehollow:

No one said that the movie would be exactly like the game. If it was exactly like the game the movie would have no meaning to watch it.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 James47

@warmblur:

You sound like a guy with no hope...

Tell me this. Don't you wanna see a good Crysis movie. ?

Wolfgang133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wolfgang133
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

With the quality of Hollywood films these days I wouldn't get too excited about seeing a film based on a video game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56225 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@Macutchi: Well let's not forget another Crysis fan in davillain-, surprised hes stayed out of this thread to be honest. Clearly enjoys his movies, and a huge fan of the original Crysis game.

For some reasons, I didn't see the notification until I actually saw this thread for the first time, I'm more surprise you know I'm a fan of Crysis since it did introduce me into the world of PC gaming and also build my first PC as well. 10 years later, here I am.

Back on topic: I custom built my first gaming PC specifically for this game before launch 10 years ago. The first half of the game was great, the second half though, the game really is a technical marvel though, no doubt about that. Still run it every time I buy a new video card. I had more fun with Warhead but the first game is solid too. "Can it run Crysis" the infamous meme of a joke lol.

Do I want to see Crysis as a movie? For the most parts, I never consider it, but I know for a fact it wouldn't work, nor would the general audience may not know Crysis at all. Video game movies generally don't do well on the big screens, sure Resident Evil movies are the only one's successful video game movie around but having Crysis as a movie would be another DOOM movie which by the way wasn't good but I'd like it, but still, Crysis movie just couldn't be done. Even Crytek wouldn't let Hollywood make such a thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@james47 said:

@warmblur:

You sound like a guy with no hope...

Tell me this. Don't you wanna see a good Crysis movie. ?

Not really the series is dead and Hollywood's track record making video game movies is not good.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 James47

@warmblur:

I said a good movie not a cheezy movie.
If the movie was good, would you watch it. ?

BobTheHollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BobTheHollow
Member since 2017 • 70 Posts

@james47 said:

@bobthehollow:

No one said that the movie would be exactly like the game. If it was exactly like the game the movie would have no meaning to watch it.

Yup, I covered that in my original answer as well.