Do you think we'll have an AI companion in The Last of Us Part 2?

#1 Posted by livingdeadman (80 posts) -

I really hope so. There are a few games that do this well and what I really like about them is they add a bit of dialogue and story and make gameplay more enjoyable instead of playing as a one man army and playing the game all alone. I hope we get either Joel, or one of those characters from 2017's trailer like Lev, Yara or that muscle girl. But from the gameplay alone it seems Ellie is going to be a lonewolf, which is okay for some levels imo.

Games that did this well:

-Bioshock Infinite's Elizabeth

-Skyrim Dawnguard DLC's Serana

-God of War 2018 Atreus

-Uncharted series

-Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 squadmates

-Fallout companions

-Gears of War series

Are there any other games with AI companions in them?

#2 Posted by sakaiXx (3886 posts) -

She probably will have some AI companions but its probably more like uncharted 3 where the people come and goes. Either way hope they improve and maybe let us provide some input on AI actions. I loved the characters but I hated their gameplay behaviors in just about every naughty dog games. they range from ok to very terrible, we never know if they gonna help us stealth kill enemies or just being retarded idiot in cover and missing about 80% of whatever they shot. Hopefully they are sufficiently helpful this time. Nier automata was the last game I played where the AI was really competent to kill a boss themselves.

#3 Posted by dersimson (9 posts) -

"Flint Adventure" is a game you can be offline and still be earning rewards, the game uses the prehistoric stone-age fantasy style, has rich changeable herooes and strategy allocation, as well as the Arena, the alliance and so on. A series of splendid contents. In the stone World, you will lead your tribal heroes to explore the different stone worlds with millions of players. I had to use their line to introduce the game, Thats whats been told now im on it like for one month ist pretty cool, but just to less ppl inside the Servers to Competition with. If some of your guys join me in the Server 3 is cool my alliance is Winterfell.

#4 Posted by GMAK2442 (930 posts) -

Since we have it in UC4, I think the chance are high that yes.

#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (41908 posts) -

I enjoyed the "buddy" system in Far Cry 5 where you had a cast of like six fairly unique (at least to eachother) NPC's to call upon. I liked the archer lady and the cougar!

If they did something similar, but maybe wrote a bit more plot for them, I think that'd work well.

It's always fun when there's a good/bad or like/dislike system added in, like "Your companion approves of your actions: +2 to affection" haha maybe they could add some system like that in.

#6 Posted by thereal25 (1601 posts) -

They're all ai companions but I get what you mean.