Do you think next gen will be delayed due to Corona Virus Pandemic?

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 101 Posts

At first I didn't think the launch of next gen would be delayed due to this pandemic but the way things are going I would not be surprised in the least. A lot of people will be coming out of this with minimal or no disposable income/savings so it is a bad time for them to release a console, as well as I am sure manufacturing is being effected by this in order to minimize employees being exposed to the corona virus. Not to mention the chance of importing it through borders during shipping.

What do you guys think?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9111 Posts

Evidence suggest it would be wise for a delay from both parties.

While the hardware manufacturers may already have begun mass production (at a declining rate due to epidemic). Software to support those devices is a whole other debate, and many development parties have already minimised production, which suggest games planned for Q3-4 will be at the least Q2 2021. This includes many unknown 'next-gen' games.

Without 'new' games the masses won't bother. And will result in a decline in overall sales. May even damage reputation as the Xbox One did at the beginning of last generation; while they've done an excellent job bouncing back I doubt either wants a rocky launch if it can be avoided.

Personally was looking forward to doing a full PS4-PS5 save transfer to have a overall better experience with my current selection on PlayStation. Playing Iceborne with 60FPS, smaller loading, not having to deal with Steam MH community, all these benefits with my long time MH friends? would have been amazing!

New games only excite me when it's games I care to play. New by default doesn't mean much, am not some gamer that's easily enticed by shiny objects. Only next-generation title I'm remotely interested right now is Baldur's Gate III, and I'll just pick it up on P.C. my friends don't care for those kind of games.

However high in large I am the minority with that mentality. And for that reason, Series X and PS5 are better off releasing in 2021.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 101 Posts

With each day that goes by things look worse and worse so I can’t see any kind of companies making big moves this year, especially with all kinds of lay offs and job losses. Production in all industries is suffering and most likely will for a while after the virus goes away.