Do you still play on gen 7 consoles?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

Poll Do you still play on gen 7 consoles? (42 votes)

Yes 79%
No 2%
Sometimes 10%
No, but i still have the console(s) 10%

So do you guys still have a PS3/Wii/360? Or have you moved on completely?

• 
torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

What do you mean "Still"? 7th gen consoles have GAMES... next gen consoles have JACKSHIT and i don't like playing with jackshit.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@torenojohn7: There are many that have made the transition completely and sold off the old consoles

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I was wondering the same thing still? i haven't even bought a PS4/X1 yet there is zero reason to and my Xbox360 and Ps3 still have plenty of good games and there are going to be new releases so the question is why wouldn't i still be playing?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

oh yeah. I still haven't gotten a newest gen console (which feels kinda weird since I usually pick up a PS at launch). There's just not enough games worth playing; plus there's a ton of good shit about to come out for PC. It's probably gonna be until Bloodborne or FFXV until I finally get one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44131 Posts

Pretty rarely now. I may play a bit on them here and there but I've pretty much made the transition to current gen.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 torenojohn7

@The_Last_Ride: What "next-gen" games are there that aren't available on current gen? and i'm still not going to accept Xbone&PS4 as "Current gen" because i have yet to see a breakthrough game which would truly mark the dawn of a next gen graphics&gameplay.

So far.. i just don't see any next gen console exclusives that excite me... forza,gears of war,halo and killzone?? pfft yeah i give a shit about them(sarcasm).

Axeonelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 Axeonelite
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I have yet to purchase next gen consoles but, with gamestops trade-in deals, I have considered getting rid of the old and move in the new.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Of course. From the looks of it, I'll still be playing on gen 7 consoles for a while.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Can someone please write down the names of all those 7 gen consoles?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ojmstr said:

Hmmm? Xbox360, Ps3, Wii, PSP, Gameboy

Also i get the feeling that you are somewhat trying to convey something sarcastic here but you forgot to write the punchline.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#11 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Can't really answer this since I just got my PS4 today. I think it will replace it for the most part, but that doesn't mean I will completely abandon it. Still a game or 2 I want to get and play on it. Plus PS+ could bring some decent games to it that I've missed. So yeah, it isn't going anywhere.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@torenojohn7 said:

@The_Last_Ride: What "next-gen" games are there that aren't available on current gen? and i'm still not going to accept Xbone&PS4 as "Current gen" because i have yet to see a breakthrough game which would truly mark the dawn of a next gen graphics&gameplay.

So far.. i just don't see any next gen console exclusives that excite me... forza,gears of war,halo and killzone?? pfft yeah i give a shit about them(sarcasm).

Infamous, Resogun, Contrast, Killzone for example. Games like Batman, AC Unity, Driveclub, Witcher 3, Evolve, etc. The games are coming mate

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Yes.

Darkmoone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkmoone1
Member since 2008 • 2845 Posts

Don't see a reason to get rid of them. Especially since I can still play on the PS3 online for free. Was also thinking of getting Destiny on the PS3 instead of the PS4, but im not sure what I would be missing...

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Now thinking about it, I use my 7th gen systems more than I do my 8th gen ones :P

But to be fair, I barley have any games for this gen.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@ojmstr said:

Hmmm? Xbox360, Ps3, Wii, PSP, Gameboy

Also i get the feeling that you are somewhat trying to convey something sarcastic here but you forgot to write the punchline.

It`s pretty much a straight forward question, im not trying to be sarcastic, you are:)

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17 EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

I don't even have any gen 8 consoles, so yes, I still play on my gen 7 machines. There's not enough on the Xbone/PS4 to make me wanna buy them. I am considering getting a WiiU around the end of the year. There's gonna be enough stuff on that one to warrant buying one.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@EnoshimaJunko said:

I don't even have any gen 8 consoles, so yes, I still play on my gen 7 machines. There's not enough on the Xbone/PS4 to make me wanna buy them. I am considering getting a WiiU around the end of the year. There's gonna be enough stuff on that one to warrant buying one.

unless you have a pc, there are loads of games coming for the PS4/X1 consoles this fall

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I've yet to get an 8th gen console, so yeah, I'm still working on my PS3 library for the time being.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

See no reason to buy a 8th gen console not much I want to play coming out or even announced for that matter.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I got my PlayStation 4 last night and unhooked my PlayStation 3. I will continue to play seventh generation games, but it is officially my main console.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 torenojohn7

@The_Last_Ride: I don't care about games like Killzone and infamous and uncharted,never did and never will.

Multi-plat games like Witcher,AC:unity,Batman is also coming to PC's and i have a gaming PC >_> though i still find it rather annoying that 360&PS3 is being deliberately ignored despite the fact that they can handle watered down next gen games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride

@torenojohn7 said:

@The_Last_Ride: I don't care about games like Killzone and infamous and uncharted,never did and never will.

Multi-plat games like Witcher,AC:unity,Batman is also coming to PC's and i have a gaming PC >_> though i still find it rather annoying that 360&PS3 is being deliberately ignored despite the fact that they can handle watered down next gen games.

What about Destiny? That's not coming to PC? The Order, Blodborne, Little Big Planet 3, Let it Die, Abzu, No Man's Sky, Driveclub, Galak-Z, DayZ, etc?

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By torenojohn7

@The_Last_Ride: I Don't give a shit about destiny its just call of duty 2.0! and its also on ps3&360.

The matter of the fact is there's no instant system seller game like God of war 3 and GTA 3 on either of these consoles! in fact the console you considered "Bad" WIIU has kirby,bayonetta2,zelda&metroid and i want all these games! i'd rather buy a WIIU than either of these shooter packed consoles,in fact this was my primary reason why i didn't buy a PS3 boring shooter/hollywood movie shtick.

You'll just have to wait for these games to actually be released ASAP and hope for them to not suck and then except others to buy these consoles.. not just buy them without the bloody GAMES!

What if all of these games you listed end up sucking? isn't it more logical to just wait and see how well all these games do? i think so.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@torenojohn7 said:

@The_Last_Ride: I Don't give a shit about destiny its just call of duty 2.0! and its also on ps3&360.

The matter of the fact is there's no instant system seller game like God of war 3 and GTA 3 on either of these consoles! in fact the console you considered "Bad" WIIU has kirby,bayonetta2,zelda&metroid and i want all these games! i'd rather buy a WIIU than either of these shooter packed consoles,in fact this was my primary reason why i didn't buy a PS3 boring shooter/hollywood movie shtick.

You'll just have to wait for these games to actually be released ASAP and hope for them to not suck and then except others to buy these consoles.. not just buy them without the bloody GAMES!

What if all of these games you listed end up sucking? isn't it more logical to just wait and see how well all these games do? i think so.

No it's not, just because it's a shooter doesn't mean it's cod. It's closer to Borderlands than any other shooter. So you're telling me that because PS4 doesn't have a killer game after 10 months stops you? It took over a year for Nintendo to get a decent game in Mario World...

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#26 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Sure do

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27 speedfreak48t5p  Online
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Nah, I'm fine with my 360.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I play every gen platform in my possession sometimes when the mood strikes.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

7th gen consoles still have games coming out for them, people aren't gonna stop playing until the're discontinued.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 torenojohn7

@The_Last_Ride: Yes yes it is! an FPS Shooter is an FPS shooter.. unless you're talking about games like portal almost every FPS shooter is the same,i hate FPS shooters as a whole its an archaic perspective which needs to be made secondary in games.

Yes PS4&xbone don't have "Killer app" WIIU has if they release a new Metroid game i'm totally gonna buy it!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Last_Ride

@torenojohn7 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Yes yes it is! an FPS Shooter is an FPS shooter.. unless you're talking about games like portal almost every FPS shooter is the same,i hate FPS shooters as a whole its an archaic perspective which needs to be made secondary in games.

Yes PS4&xbone don't have "Killer app" WIIU has if they release a new Metroid game i'm totally gonna buy it!

So you would say that Destiny, Far Cry 3 and Borderlands are the exact same thing as COD?

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

never played any games on my ps3 since i finished South Park, but i'll be using it again tommorow for Naruto Storm Revolution

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By torenojohn7

@The_Last_Ride: Pretty much.. except for games like metroid&portal which actually does something unique&creative with that perspective.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Last_Ride

@torenojohn7 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Pretty much.. except for games like metroid&portal which actually does something unique&creative with that perspective.

Have you actually played them?

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 torenojohn7

@The_Last_Ride: Why the **** do i have to play them to tell that they're all FPS shooters?? isn't that the most obvious thing?

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I am going to stick to PC gaming for a while, I am usually a console gamer, but given how cheap PC games are and the extreme drought of must haves on the new systems I don't see a reason to get one right now. I am sure I will eventually buy a PS4, but I don't see that happening for a few years.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

My PS3 and 360 are both boxed away, but that's because I am moving out, when I move in to my new place I will probably have my PS4, Wii U and PS3 hooked up.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 torenojohn7

@pook99 said:

I am going to stick to PC gaming for a while, I am usually a console gamer, but given how cheap PC games are and the extreme drought of must haves on the new systems I don't see a reason to get one right now. I am sure I will eventually buy a PS4, but I don't see that happening for a few years.

Now here's someone who has a good head on his shoulders! its quite frankly retarded to buy a next gen console without any worthwhile games to play,its not everyone has a 500$ lying around that we make paper planes out of!

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Yes I am, currently playing through FF13 on my x360. I have no plans to "upgrade" to "next gen" as I don't think I need a console to complement my PC any more.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Not anymore, I actually traded in my PS3 towards a PS4 a few months ago

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I've retired 360 & Wii; PS3 is going strong with unfinished games & PS+ stuff. It won't be long before I make the leap though; within 6 months.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Of course , i'm playing DARK SOULS II on PS 3, METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE / NINJA GAIDEN RAZORS EDGE on XBOX 360. Won't upgrade to Xbox one as all games will come to PC eventually. Saving for PS 4 in near future ( Atleast till Bloodborne, The Order 1886 ) releases.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#43  Edited By TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

I mostly only play on 7th Generation consoles and before, due to currently only owning small amount of games from the current gen so far, with all them being on either the Wii U or 3DS, the only current gen consoles I have so far.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

well i usually play on pc so i dont know which gen im playing, but i am also playing sly 2 hd with my ps3 but idk if its 6th gen or 7th (very boring game tho)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@torenojohn7 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Why the **** do i have to play them to tell that they're all FPS shooters?? isn't that the most obvious thing?

Yeah, they're all FPS games, but that's not everything. That's saying that Last of Us is only an action game

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By torenojohn7

@The_Last_Ride: Actually it is a generic action game it just has a really well written story,i'm not a big fan of mainstream AAA games and FPS shooters they all bore me the hell out.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Last_Ride

@torenojohn7 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Actually it is a generic action game it just has a really well written story,i'm not a big fan of mainstream AAA games and FPS shooters they all bore me the hell out.

just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're bad games dude. Just look at metacritic

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By torenojohn7

@The_Last_Ride: I never said i don't like them.. i love metroid and portal but i just don't like the mainstream garbage.

I love socom but i hate gears of war.. i don't give a shit about metacritic or any game review website my opinion comes first.. i just don't like mindless shooters simple! i never gave a shit about halo,borderlands or team fortress its just my type of game! i don't play games for multiplayer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Of course. Mainly the 360.

PS3 is now a dust collector. I have a stand alone smart bluray player, so that covers all video entertainment purposes. I might go back and play Resistance 3 for the hell of it.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#50 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

I still own all PlayStation consoles, N64 and well play bunch of classics on PC