Do you like stealth games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I have Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Hitman: Absolution, which are both highly geared toward stealth. However, I don't really like stealth. Both of these games, however, provide a wide variety of weapons, especially Human Revolution. I like to make use of most of these weapons rather than boringly sneak past all the enemies. If a game gives me guns, I'm gonna use them. In my opinion, going in guns blazing is way more fun than sneaking past enemies.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 7199 Posts

i'm a fan of stealth because it usually requires much more thought and pre-planning than going in guns blazing. there's something strangely satisfying about completing all mission objectives without any bodies found or alarms raised.

i'm of the opinion that guns blazing should not be a viable option in games that are traditionally stealth based e.g. splinter cell, hitman, thief. there's plenty of games out there for people who just want to shoot their way through every level

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#3 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Yes, I like stealth games. I'm a big fan of Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed.

LuzerGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LuzerGS
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

I have Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Hitman: Absolution, which are both highly geared toward stealth. However, I don't really like stealth. Both of these games, however, provide a wide variety of weapons, especially Human Revolution. I like to make use of most of these weapons rather than boringly sneak past all the enemies. If a game gives me guns, I'm gonna use them. In my opinion, going in guns blazing is way more fun than sneaking past enemies.

I'm with ya on this one!

Stealth games are actually one of the genres I'm not too keen on. I'm of the same cloth as you brother, I like to go in guns blazing and unapologetically (albeit digitally) F**K S#|7 UP! Especially if I'm really getting into the narrative, and I'm emotionally invested, then I really want to make my enemies and all those they associate with 'FEEL MY WRATH' - SUPER BADASS X INFINITY STYLE!

The last thing I wanna do is tip toe around just to avoid hurting the poor enemies' feelings. HAHA.

Like Sura's command to her husband Spartacus: "KILL THEM ALL!"

But yeah sometimes this gaming mentality has to take a backseat because it's not always easy to pull off this tactic in stealth games, and the thing is I'd really love these games if they scrapped the stealth aspect, because, ARGGHHH it's just so dang frustrating because I know these are worthwhile games but dang it! I just don't have the patience to sneak around lol.

And it sucks, because, even though I was enjoying the narratives of the Metal Gear series, Hitman: Absolution, Assassin's Creed etc I just ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just can't stand the stealth stuff.

Lol, sorry I'm not trying to start anything just giving peeps my 2c worth. hehe.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Love them.

Hitman, Splinter cell, Dishnored, MGS 4, Deus ex

Also if a game has two ways to play it, stealth or guns blazing, I will always play it the stealthy way. To me it feels more rewarding to take out an entire room of bad guys without them every knowing you there.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13899 Posts

No. Stealth is horrible.

pandora_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pandora_wizard
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

Anyone here remember the Syphon Filter series? Too bad the series is dead now, I really think that series had innovating features.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21752 Posts

I don't think stealth is boring at all, on the contrary, it's thrilling when done well

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

it's hard to say that i, by rule, prefer one over the other because not all games are created equal so different games do stealth or shooting a little differently.

one thing i like about human revolution is that both the shooting and the stealth feel good (compare it to the original deus ex where the shooting was pretty bare bones). still, i wish the skill tree was a little more final. what makes the stealth so exciting in the beginning and middle of the game is that you're in for a good beating if you get caught. you either do a level pretty much perfect or you do you very poorly (a stealth character can still survive just fine, but the methods of winning after you've been discovered aren't exactly empowering). however, you're pretty much a "jack of all trades, master of all" by the end of the game and that takes a bit of the excitement out of it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

it depends on the game

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@pandora_wizard said:

Anyone here remember the Syphon Filter series? Too bad the series is dead now, I really think that series had innovating features.

Loved Syphon filter on ps1. I remember dieing alot

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I enjoy a good stealth game. Occasionally.

It's not a mechanic I can spend too much time with though. I like a Hitman game every once in a while, I play an occasional Splinter Cell, and Batman is always fun to use his sneaky skills in the Arkham games. But it's not my first choice if given an option.

I'm more of the type who likes to kick open the door and start blasting everything while yelling "SUCK IT ALIEN SCUM". Even when I played the original Siphon Filter, the parts I remember fondly are more about the taser than the stealth tactics.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20282 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

Congrats you like what you like and most others like what they like :)

I enjoy stealth games because they require you to actually think about what you do and not just shoot and go crazy.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i like it if you can go straight out rambo or stealth. But like in Hitman, if i manage to sneak through an entire level i am so satisfied with it afterwards

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I enjoy a good stealth game, MGS has always held a special place in my gaming heart.

LeftClick007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By LeftClick007
Member since 2013 • 77 Posts

I like games where they let you do both, but they make it hard if you want to go in guns blazing. Deus Ex HR is a good example, on higher difficulty you die easier so if you want to be Chuck Norris, your gonna have a hard time doing it but it is possible, Crysis 2/3 is also very difficult to go in guns blazing on higher difficulties.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20091 Posts

@Macutchi said:

i'm a fan of stealth because it usually requires much more thought and pre-planning than going in guns blazing. there's something strangely satisfying about completing all mission objectives without any bodies found or alarms raised.

i'm of the opinion that guns blazing should not be a viable option in games that are traditionally stealth based e.g. splinter cell, hitman, thief. there's plenty of games out there for people who just want to shoot their way through every level

Yep, agreed.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Not a fan in general, but I like a few games from the genre like Human Revolution, Dishonored and The Last of Us.

special-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 33

#19 special-ops
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts

I like Splinter Cell,Metal Gear Solid and Hitman games

I like stealth games alot.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No i think it's boring as shit.

I enjoy playing MGS and Hitman though(except that piece of shit Absolution)

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I love stealth games. It's a lot more challenging and satisfying for me.