Do you have any unpopular opinions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#151 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

While everyone is welcome to their opinion, this one is provably wrong.

SteveTabernacle

Not really. The games nowadays are based on the same formula as Super Mario Bros. on the NES... its just in 3D with more detailed environments. You're still collecting stars, and still doing essentially, mostly the same things to collect them... there is just more ways of doing it.

I'm not saying a deep story, just something different. I guess I will just never like the Mario series because that will never happen.

Sloan360

Don't worry man, I'm with you too. I look back on Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars with great expectations for something else like it to happen again; and not have it be the Paper Mario games. Try Luigi's Mansion though, its definitely something different and is quite good. Also, its good to see that Donkey Kong Country is finally coming back and isn't about banging on plastic drums.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Luigi's Mansion is by far one of my favorite games for the Gamecube, and I think is was my first purchase for that system.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

My opinions on how bad Star Ocean 4 is caused one user on the PS3 boards to send me private messages that were not too kind. Then that user decided to attack me on various threads. Fun times!

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#154 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

My opinions on how bad Star Ocean 4 is caused one user on the PS3 boards to send me private messages that were not too kind. Then that user decided to attack me on various threads. Fun times!

yokofox33

I remember that! :lol: I even jumped in for you on one argument one time :P Guy was NUTS for you :lol:

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#155 Iceman8012
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts
Two Worlds = decent
-Goldensilver-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 -Goldensilver-
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts

I thought Final Fantasy XIII was an excellent game. Maybe even one of my favorite games ever. I found the combat fun and the story was truly incredible. At first it seemed somewhat cheesy, but I found the final outcome of the story to be simply fantastic. Also, I have never played a Grand Theft Auto game, and don't plan on playing one any time soon. I really don't find the games to be all that appealing.

ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#157 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts

The Timeplsitters series is much better than CoD and Halo

Half-Life 2 Episodes 1 and 2 are much better than Half-Life 2

The Legend of ZeldaMajora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time

Chrono Cross is slightly better than Chrono Trigger

Super Mario 64 controlled poorly.

Thats all i can think of right now.

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I don't like Mass Effe--OHMYGODFLAMING!

*One trip to the burn ward later*

Yeah, I didn't like Mass Effect. It took me 2 months to finish because It felt like a chore most of the time, and in the end I only had 10 hours playtime... But it felt good to get it out the way.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#159 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I like Movies based off of video games.

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

Unpopular opinions are the only REAL opinions.

gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts

Turn base RPGs suck

Gears 1 multiplayer is better than gears 2 they dumbedit down

camp of duty is all call of duty is

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#162 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

[QUOTE="SteveTabernacle"] While everyone is welcome to their opinion, this one is provably wrong.

Sloan360

Mostly because he drags the fanbase into it, making it more of a statement. It's like me saying: "GTA exists only because of its fanboys". Makes absolutely no sense.

Yes i dragged fanbase into because without a fanbase Mario games wouldn't keep being made, much like any other game title on the shelf. There is a fanbase for something and a game gets made to suit those needs and wants. And I would like to be proven wrong on this because all i ever see out of Mario games is just a slight graphical upgrade and just more things for mario to change into.

The entire mario story has been done over and over again, with no hopes of ever changing. Super Mario 64 was the last true innovation in the series, and since then has been nothing but mario saving the same princess, against the same villain...every...single...time.

Well, I can understand that, but I don't like innovation if it's handled poorly. I buy Mario games exactly because it's just incremental improvements. SMG2 has become one of my all-time favorite games for just being better than anything I've played before in the series. On top of that, Mario is constantly in new stuff anyway. Smash Bros., 2D platformers, sports titles, party titles, 3D platformers, RPGs etc. I'm just saying, the series has fans for a reason, the fanbase isn't some blind following, they genuinely like the games for a reason (like me). Sorry if it came off as arrogant from my part.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#163 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

I never liked any of the Zelda games, I would think im in the minority

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

KOTOR, in NO way, feels like Star Wars. The game is a choppy mess.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#165 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

As far as the "Everyone thinks that on the internet" view on unpopular views, what do you think this thread is about? Unpopular views, highly unlikely someone is going to read this thread and be like... OMG I need to come defend Halo!

Guarantee if you post a thread "Halo is really awful", you are going to either get the thread locked, or people will flock to bashing you.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

Mostly because he drags the fanbase into it, making it more of a statement. It's like me saying: "GTA exists only because of its fanboys". Makes absolutely no sense.

calvinsora

Yes i dragged fanbase into because without a fanbase Mario games wouldn't keep being made, much like any other game title on the shelf. There is a fanbase for something and a game gets made to suit those needs and wants. And I would like to be proven wrong on this because all i ever see out of Mario games is just a slight graphical upgrade and just more things for mario to change into.

The entire mario story has been done over and over again, with no hopes of ever changing. Super Mario 64 was the last true innovation in the series, and since then has been nothing but mario saving the same princess, against the same villain...every...single...time.

Well, I can understand that, but I don't like innovation if it's handled poorly. I buy Mario games exactly because it's just incremental improvements. SMG2 has become one of my all-time favorite games for just being better than anything I've played before in the series. On top of that, Mario is constantly in new stuff anyway. Smash Bros., 2D platformers, sports titles, party titles, 3D platformers, RPGs etc. I'm just saying, the series has fans for a reason, the fanbase isn't some blind following, they genuinely like the games for a reason (like me). Sorry if it came off as arrogant from my part.

No, I don't see what you're saying as arrogant, far from it. You like the series and you back it up, so there is nothing wrong with that. I suppose i'll just never really like the whole Mario series and I can deal with that. Nintendo has plenty of other characters to enjoy.

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#167 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts

Not really. The games nowadays are based on the same formula as Super Mario Bros. on the NES... its just in 3D with more detailed environments. You're still collecting stars, and still doing essentially, mostly the same things to collect them... there is just more ways of doing it.foxhound_fox

Yes, really. That statement that every Mario game post Mario 64 is just a stale remake is a blatantly incorrect statement. The Galaxy games play in radically different ways from Mario 64. You may be doing a lot of the same things, but the ways in which you do them have changed. If you can play Mario 64, and Mario Galaxy, and consider the latter a stale graphic touch up of the former, well, you're just wrong. Fundamentally incorrect. Some opinions can be wrong, (it is the opinion of some that the Earth is at the center of the galaxy and everything rotates around it, they are wrong) and that one very much is. Now if Mario just isn't your cup of tea, I respect that. But making blatantly false statements to back it up, not so much.

Now if we lived in a world where Mario Sunshine was the last "real" Mario game to come out, yeah, I could follow you. They just upped the graphics and added a lame water pack. But Galaxy fundamentally changed the way we play these games. We still collect stars, sure, but how we go about doing it couldn't be more different.

SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SteveTabernacle

Turn base RPGs suck

Gears 1 multiplayer is better than gears 2 they dumbedit down

camp of duty is all call of duty is

gamer4life85
Those are popular opinions.
kingmav222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 kingmav222
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts

Yes, I think Tenchu Z is an awesome game, and hella fun playing it co-op with friends.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SemiMaster

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Not really. The games nowadays are based on the same formula as Super Mario Bros. on the NES... its just in 3D with more detailed environments. You're still collecting stars, and still doing essentially, mostly the same things to collect them... there is just more ways of doing it.SteveTabernacle

Yes, really. That statement that every Mario game post Mario 64 is just a stale remake is a blatantly incorrect statement. The Galaxy games play in radically different ways from Mario 64. You may be doing a lot of the same things, but the ways in which you do them have changed. If you can play Mario 64, and Mario Galaxy, and consider the latter a stale graphic touch up of the former, well, you're just wrong. Fundamentally incorrect. Some opinions can be wrong, (it is the opinion of some that the Earth is at the center of the galaxy and everything rotates around it, they are wrong) and that one very much is. Now if Mario just isn't your cup of tea, I respect that. But making blatantly false statements to back it up, not so much.

Now if we lived in a world where Mario Sunshine was the last "real" Mario game to come out, yeah, I could follow you. They just upped the graphics and added a lame water pack. But Galaxy fundamentally changed the way we play these games. We still collect stars, sure, but how we go about doing it couldn't be more different.

Hmm... something about a pot and kettle comes to mind here.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Adding

Turn base games are fun

More real does not mean better

Lieaner setup are just as good and open world.

Mr_Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#172 Mr_Dream
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

Shaq Fu is....kinda fun...ok the concept is horrible but the game is hilarious !

Call of duty: MW is the peak of the term ''Been there, done that'' !

I deeply hate Activision !

Online Multiplayer is taking too much place in the gaming industry (the single player modes are short and the multiplayer have much more content which i think should be the other way around the mutiplayer should be simple and the single player should be enaging and awesome) !

I hate what the gaming industry has become !

I think that Killer 7 is one of the best games ever and i ALWAYS wanted a sequel !

I hate the americanisation and repetitiveness of Resident Evil 5 !

I want to see a NEW classic survival horror game not FPS/Horror or Action/Horror...just Survival Horror just like in the 90's and 00's !

I like Doom on the 32x!

I would like to see the Battletoads in the next Super Smash Bros. !

I LOVE Twisted Metal 3 !

GTA IV was good BUT...the missions are boring, Niko Bellic is one of the worst character i've ever seen (the supporting characters are great though) and the story is ridiculous !

Im sick of all the FPS !

Resident Evil Outbreak is fun on single player !

EA Games sucks !

Mortal Kombat is better than Street Fighter !

Street Fighter IV is an incredibly unfair game !

There's too much focus on Ryu in Street Fighter IV and he's not the most interesting character !

El Fuerte in Street Fighter IV was a total joke !

Abel in Street Fighter IV was wasted...he was supposed to be a french guy from france but he had an american accent !

I wasn't shoked the violence of Manhunt i was more rolling on the floor when i was hearing what the enemies were saying when they were searching for you !

I Always wanted a game about the movie series ''Death Wish'' with Charles Bronson made by Rockstar Games !

Gameplay matter more than Graphics !

Haggar from Final Fight should be in Marvel vs capcom 3!

Final Fight : Streetwise is a good game !

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis is the best theme park game EVER !

Jackie Chan: Suntmaster was AWESOME !!!

Sorry for all the message edit....i just had a lot of things to get out of my chest :) !

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

I did not care for the Godfather. It insists upon itself.

But really, I did not like Super Mario Bros. 3. 1 and 2 are fine, but I never liked how they went with 3.

Donkey Kong Country 3 was boring. Kiddy Kong is an annoying character. The sprites were atrocious and ugly. The levels were irritatingly easy, and the bonuses were way too easy to find. The mechanics were a joke (for example, bouncing on the heads of those stupid chopper bad guys to get to a bonus, or killing Koin to get the DK coin). The level areas were also uninteresting - for example, a mill, or on a toboggan. This is funny, considering Donkey Kong Country 2 was the best game ever made.

'Bubsy' games were always that bad, starting with the first one. The death knell of the series, the Nintendo 64 one, shouldn't shock anyone.

Infinity Ward is creatively bankrupt. I don't think we'll see another Modern Warfare, where the 4 day WWIII storyline made absolutely no sense.

GTA IV does not deserve the 10 it got. There is no diversity in the environment like in San Andreas. Just bland city, with a muted color pallette. Good game, but mediocre in regards to the environment. Also, the multiplayer is atrocious. The only fun part of the multiplayer is free roam. The storyline sucked, and was way too repetitive. I also hate the restricting areas of the city until you play the storyline aspect.

San Andreas sucked. If I wanted to play the Sims, I would. The police choppers were ridiculous.

NovaLogic is one of the best first person shooter game companies ever, yet nobody knows about it. It was even better than Infinity Ward or EA in its hayday, with Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, and Joint Operations (pre-disaster patch). Then, they jumped the shark after they completely destroyed Joint Ops with patches, and haven't made a good, or non-budget game since.

Gameplay / Commentary videos on YouTube are absolutely obnoxious. Just play the game. I don't want to listen to people talk about how good they are, how they think they're a "big name" in MW2 (or whatever), and say random crap that does nothing other than annoy. Most of them are so full of themselves, it's ridiculous. I won't name any names, but look at the Machinima videos. The only players I likeare SandyRavage, and Chris Smoove.Sandy's actually good, and posts good content - not 10 minute videos of an obnoxious voice telling me how good they are, and calling other people 'scrubs,' 'noobs,' and other annoying terms. Smoove is just entertaining.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#174 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I think that Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2. This opinion is very unpopular among my friends.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#175 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="fabz_95"]I think that Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2. This opinion is very unpopular among my friends.

And it's fine, glad to see you in GGD Mine is resident evil actually has a good story.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

Resident Evil Outbreak is fun on single player !

Mr_Dream

I hope you mean the first game and not File #2.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 QuistisTrepe_

FFVII was a mediocre RPG.

Resident Evil's new format even with it's awful controls saved the series from extinction.

Square-Enix has become a mediocre developer.

SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 SteveTabernacle

Resident Evil's new format even with it's awful controls saved the series from extinction.

QuistisTrepe_
The Resident Evil part is actually really not popular, the ther two seem to actually be rather popular. Almost the only time FF7 and SE in general are brought up these days is by people who are bashing them.
Hmm... something about a pot and kettle comes to mind here.SemiMaster
Did you have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion, or are you just seeking attention?
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

SteveTabernacle

Almost the only time FF7 and SE in general are brought up these days is by people who are bashing them.

I just don't see it that way. In fact, there's always someone that comes around proclaiming FFVII "T3H GRATEST EVAR!!!!!!" and those who disagree don't know what they're talking about. You can almost set your clock to it.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#180 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I think Killzone 2 is boring, derivative, pretentious and poorly controllable I think limited saves completely ruin the old Resident Evil games I think MMORPGs are killing gaming
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 fabz_95
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="fabz_95"]I think that Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2. This opinion is very unpopular among my friends.

And it's fine, glad to see you in GGD Mine is resident evil actually has a good story.

Thanks :D. Haven't played Resident Evil but can a game with such bad voice acting have a good story? :o
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="SteveTabernacle"]
Hmm... something about a pot and kettle comes to mind here.SemiMaster
Did you have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion, or are you just seeking attention?

Just calling attention to your hypocrisy in this thread, nothing more. Because according to you, unpopular opinions = wrong, and I guess based on that view, this whole thread = wrong. Ethical and moral opinions do have some base level of being true universally. Hitler was NOT a good person. He may have done things that might have strengthened a nation, but he was a despot who committed genocide, only people who are mentally and socially dysfunctional would think otherwise. For example in Judeo-Christian religious denominations, there is a line between murder and killing. Killing in the name of self defense or of others (just acts in war, stopping someone trying to kill another person, etc) is not condemned by religious tenents, nor would secular law convict such a person. Cold blooded murder or premeditated homicide over extramarital affairs (for example) are considered universally ethically and morally wrong in both religious and secular settings. Discussing the merits of a game's innovation is no different than discussing the merits of a painting that is considered art by some and not by others, there is no innate moral or ethical dilemma in judging art or entertainment. It is in the eye of the beholder and to say that someone's opinion is wrong as it relates to what is essentially a non moral or ethical discussion is hypocrisy in its purest sense. You state the earth being the center of the universe as an opinion. No, that is a person who is ignorant of a fact or willfully chooses to ignore that fact. Calling that an opinion is semantics. You can PROVE that the earth is not the center of the galaxy, you cannot prove his opinion as wrong. So how is running around in 3D collecting Stars and stomping on enemies and solving puzzles not a remake of the previous entries no matter if its set in space or the mushroom kingdom? Isn't that what "sequels" are if you can even call most Mario games that as much as any Final Fantasy game for instance?
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

Juggernaut and martyrdom are completely fair. The Wind Waker is the best Zelda game. Runescape, at one time, was the best MMO. Not now it isn't, I'm saying up until like 3 or 4 years after it started. Assassin's Creed 1 is a piece of garbage.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
[QUOTE="fabz_95"]I think that Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2. This opinion is very unpopular among my friends.

Not on here that isn't. :P BC2 gets a LOT of love here on GS.

Avatar image for NEStorianPriest
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 NEStorianPriest
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

I think God of War sucks (series).

I think DMC sucks (series).

I think Deadly Towers was awesome.

I also think MMORPGs are ruining things.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Far Cry 2 > Halo, COD4

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I know one of my comments about Crysis as brought me plenty of angry complaints and even insults from time to time. "Crysis is like Paris Hilton, It's pretty to look at and has some nice features but shallow as hell and you'll soon realize there are something much better out there with more depth."
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 fabz_95
[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"][QUOTE="fabz_95"]I think that Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2. This opinion is very unpopular among my friends.

True and I'm glad it does, the game deserves it.
Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"][QUOTE="fabz_95"]I think that Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2. This opinion is very unpopular among my friends.fabz_95

True and I'm glad it does, the game deserves it.

True, and I think BFBC2 is miles ahead of MW2. Many people will say that you can't compare the two because they're different playing st.yles, but I'm talking about balance and playability. MW2 takes very little skill to actually learn (from someone who is mediocre at video games). It's just a campfest. I mean, people talk about Wookies in BFBC2 (people that hide in the woods the whole game), but it's nowhere near as bad as in MW2 A, and B, you don't get rewarded for it (and even first place) in BFBC2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#191 17771771
Member since 2008 • 444 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 is among the worst shooters of all time.

Mass Effect is better than the sequel.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#192 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="fabz_95"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="fabz_95"]I think that Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2. This opinion is very unpopular among my friends.

Thanks :D. Haven't played Resident Evil but can a game with such bad voice acting have a good story? :o

yes yes it can. Though the voice acting in the first game is absolutely laughable the lore and universe has so much rich history to it. The trevors, spencer, wesker.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Mass Effect is better than the sequel.

I share this opinion as well. Mass Effect 2 was essentially a semi-linear shooter (semi-linear in the sense that you just chose which mission to go to next, and basically had one of two outcomes to choose from). It barely had RPG elements or real choice at all. Leveling was meaningless. They could have just rewarded you with more stat points after each major mission and not had levels at all. At least in Mass Effect, leveling gave you the ability to customize your abilities in a way that gave you a greater advantage in certain combat situations over others. Or if you liked playing with Wrex on the team, advantages over everyone (Master Immunity and Master Barrier is completely unfair, but so satisfying to use in combat :3).

The story was great (despite being focused mostly on the characters) but the gameplay was way too different from the first game, and took out much of what made the first game so magical. I like the second game and what it adds to the story (especially the Illusive Man and the ending) but the game itself just felt way too different and limited.

MenaceSG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#194 MenaceSG
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts
MW2 was absolute garbage. WaW was way better in my opinion. I am so sick of CoD Halo has gone down the pits. Absolutely awful Final Fantasy to me has come down somewhat in quality since 10. Although I really love XII and XIII Bioshock is just as good as #2 which I don't think should be the case My opinions
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts

PS3, Nintendo Wii, and Xbox 360 are all terrible systems with terrible games (with only a few exceptions for each)

Shooters in general are completely over rated, and there is no reason for there to be so many.

Gaming has been going downhill for the last several years, and the majority of games that are put out take absolutely no thought, skill, or strategy.

The only real good games that have been coming out recently have been remakes.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

[QUOTE="17771771"]Mass Effect is better than the sequel.

foxhound_fox

I share this opinion as well. Mass Effect 2 was essentially a semi-linear shooter (semi-linear in the sense that you just chose which mission to go to next, and basically had one of two outcomes to choose from). It barely had RPG elements or real choice at all. Leveling was meaningless. They could have just rewarded you with more stat points after each major mission and not had levels at all. At least in Mass Effect, leveling gave you the ability to customize your abilities in a way that gave you a greater advantage in certain combat situations over others. Or if you liked playing with Wrex on the team, advantages over everyone (Master Immunity and Master Barrier is completely unfair, but so satisfying to use in combat :3).

The story was great (despite being focused mostly on the characters) but the gameplay was way too different from the first game, and took out much of what made the first game so magical. I like the second game and what it adds to the story (especially the Illusive Man and the ending) but the game itself just felt way too different and limited.

I completely agree.

Also, more opinions:

I felt that everyone in Far Cry 2 was too short. It was like a world inhabited by "little people"

Ubisoft, while ambitious, tries to do too much with their games (Far Cry 2, Assass. Creed) without focusing on core elements of the game (combat, characters, traveling) and instead on the fluff (fire, tall building, Zebras)

Call of Duty is a one trick pony

Star Wars Republic Commando had fantastic controls, story, and gameplay. I believe it to be one of the best shooters I have ever played.

Square Enix is a shadow of what Squaresoft was. The games need a drastic re-haul that focuses on fun, choices, story, better characters, and an interesting world.

Thane Krios & Wrex > Are two of the greatest support characters in any game ever made

Army of Two and its sequel is one of the greatest bad games ever made. I sincerely hope they make the series less arcadey, focus on story, better controls, and a gun customization that makes the gun feel different from each other

I want a watered-down Mass Effect loot system; like the first but better. I also want to get experience per kill/achievement instead on at the end of every mission. I HATED that!!!

Movie-based games should just...stop

Tactical FPS/TPS > Any other type of shooter

SCC is one of the best games I have ever played; however, I wish they had not taken out ALL of the things that made the previous game great (Lockpicking, Disabling security, moving bodies, etc.)

If games are going to offer choices it shouldn't be "this" or "that". We should be able to choose from a handful of very heavy and influental choices.

Voice Acting limits choices in RPGs.

Guns need to feel unique in shooters

Doom is one of the worst series ever made.

Killzone 2 needs to seriously kill off Rico.

No more space marines.

Avatar image for OhNoSharkAttack
OhNoSharkAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 OhNoSharkAttack
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
My unpopular opinion would be that Kid Icarus 3DS looks terrible, almost like an N64 game. MGS3D looks leagues better.
DarkNinja24k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 DarkNinja24k
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My unpopular opinion would be that the Call of Duty games are not good. Their campaigns are generic and boring after the first playthrough, the story is boring and the only adequate feature is multiplayer and if all a game has is multiplayer then it isnt a game to me.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

FarCry 2 is a good game

GTAIV is a great game

Nintendo fell flat on its face after the amazing N64

Assassin's Creed 1 isn't at all a bad game, just repetitive

Party chat is useless

Online gamers aren't real gamers

Uncharted takes a dump all over the Gears Of War series

Mercenaries 2 is a fun game

Resident Evil 4 is the best in the entire series and one of the best games of all time (it's in my top 5)

Oblivion is a great game

Pacing and fun > difficulty and depth

Dualshock > 360 controller

Playstation Home is pretty neat

Red Dead Redemption is meh

That's all I can think of right now.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Cinematic Gaming is the worst thing to happen the industry. Dephending on how it is done, I dont mind casualization (Super Guide was great). No Voice Acting>>>>>Voice Acting. Uncharted is the worst gaming series I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing.