Do you have any unpopular opinions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darsander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Darsander
Member since 2010 • 154 Posts
Do you ever like games that are considered dumb or bad, or even like these games over ones that are considered master pieces? Take mine for an example: I think RuneScape is the best MMO. I also think holding back content for a subscription fee is better compared to getting all of the content and then buying advantages. I prefer the Xbox's DPAD for fighters over the PlayStation's DPad I like Dead or Alive over Tekken and VR fighter series, mainly because it's feels faster and sleeker to me. Dynasty Warriors 6 > 5432&1 (most DW fans argue if 3, 4, or 5 is the best and mostly agree that 6 sucked and they would eat my head off if they read this! :P) Smack Down vs Raw > SmackDown HCTP and others Samurais > Ninjas and pirates Demons > Undead Polearms, spears, and pikes > Swords, axes, and maces and two-handers > dual wielding (even if they're dual wielding two-handers!) What say you?
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

Dead or Alive series > Soul Calibur series. :shock:

smchacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3 smchacko
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

new super mario bros for wii isn't that great at all

smash bros melee and smash brow brawl are average at best

metroid prime 2 > prime 1

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I really don't like RPG's or JRPG's. ME2 was the last one I'll try. I'm done with the COD series, unless they devote a great deal of development to the single player campaign. I think multi-player should be the "added bonus" and a bit short on content, not the other way around which more and more games are doing.
emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

Splinter Cell Conviction is much better than the original and PT.

Zelda Majoras Mask is the best in the series

Fallout 3 is my favorite Fallout game as a whole

Oblivion is a good game as long as you are not looking for a deep RPG.

Timesplitters 2 has really crappy controls.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Yes, I love Return to Castle Wolfenstein and I think it was one of the best games for it's time, but it seems nobody agrees with me. Whatev... :P
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Grand Theft Auto IV is one of the worst games of all time. I would honestly rather play a CD-i Zelda game. It's broken, tedious, annoying, and overrated. And this is coming from someone who has beaten every other game in the series 100% (including expansion packs and handheld games). Street Fighter IV is shallow garbage compared to Third Strike or Alpha 3 Max. Hotel Mario is a fun game. Sonic Heroes, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, and Shadow the Hedgehog are good games. Not great or exactly what I'm after in a Sonic game, but fun and engaging experiences. Even Sonic '06 had good gameplay; it was just the glitches and frame rate that made it a bad game. Atari Jaguar is a good console. So are 3DO, SEGA CD, and N-Gage QD among other hated consoles. The entire Final Fantasy series after IX is awful. God of War III isn't that good. It doesn't feel like I'm playing anything different from what I've been playing on PS2 and PSP for years. BioShock is dull and uninspired. Assassin's Creed is a glorified tech demo and Assassin's Creed 2 is no better. Resident Evil 5 is the worst in the main series (Zero through five, Code Veronica) by a huge margin. Sonic Riders 1 and 2 (when played with the Gamecube controller) are fun, deep, rewarding gameplay experiences. Dreamcast, while incredibly awesome, was SEGA's worst standalone home console that saw a worldwide release by a wide margin. Saturn is the best console ever made. Virtual Boy is pretty sweet. The library is small, but it was well worth my money.
Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Xsan3
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

My game reviews of Alien vs Predator and Arma 2

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

Yes, I love Return to Castle Wolfenstein and I think it was one of the best games for it's time, but it seems nobody agrees with me. Whatev... :PCrimsader

I agree. You can rest easy now.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Pole-arms ARE spears and pikes and other such weaponry. I like some 7 rated games that other review sites panned without justification; or very little of it. Example: Lego Battles for the DS. Nintendo Power gave it a 5. I assume its because it wasn't made by Nintendo. Everyone else I've seen gave it a 7-7.5; I think one place gave it an 8- I THINK. I don't know that for sure.

TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

I think multi-player should be the "added bonus" and a bit short on content, not the other way around which more and more games are doing.btaylor2404

Me too.

Polybren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Polybren
Member since 2004 • 1678 Posts
I generally find military shooters distasteful and disrespectful. Apart from Wind Waker, Zelda has been dull and lifeless since A Link to the Past. The PSP is a great system. All this and more can be heard every week on GameSpot presents the HotSpot!
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Calvin079

I generally find military shooters distasteful and disrespectful. Apart from Wind Waker, Zelda has been dull and lifeless since A Link to the Past. The PSP is a great system. All this and more can be heard every week on GameSpot presents the HotSpot!Polybren

Why are military shooters disrespectful and distasteful? You've piqued my curiosity.

BloodiedHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BloodiedHalo
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts
The Fable series is trash Too Human is a great game Shadowbane makes other MMOs look pathetic Bioshock 2... what the hell.. I swear if 3 comes out... GTA IV (thank you previous poster) worst game I have ever played... ever. Dragonage Origins had absolutely nothing original in character mechanics or creation.. I think Bioware's previous release in 2002 had more.. NWN. Halo ODST is stupid... yeah I wanted to play the survival mode for five hours just to see how long it would take for me to die... Also.. TETRIS IS DUMB! I don't care what my grandma thinks I'm going to say it.. its a stupid game. I get it the things come and you move them and then the lines go away...
cropcircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cropcircles
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts
Final Fantasy X-2 is a great game! bioshock sucks!
The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 is a great game.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#19 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

[QUOTE="Polybren"]I generally find military shooters distasteful and disrespectful. Apart from Wind Waker, Zelda has been dull and lifeless since A Link to the Past. The PSP is a great system. All this and more can be heard every week on GameSpot presents the HotSpot!Calvin079

Why are military shooters disrespectful and distasteful? You've piqued my curiosity.

Perhaps because they only show one side of the story?

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#20 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

I really dislike a few extremely popular franchises.....

Dragon Age was amazing but was not the hyped original display everyone made it out to be.

Spongebob releases a select few awesome games.

Sequels are coming out too fast too soon.

DLC should be free and an addition to a full game, not the completion of a rushed product.

Oldschool FPS like quake 1 > New FPs like MW

PC will always be the best system there is.

Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
Consoles are for little kids that can't play with a mouse and keyboard.
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#22 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

Prepare for unpopular opinions!

Ico is a painfully mediocre game.

Mirror's Edge is an unimpressive game in all fronts outside of its core idea.

Call of Duty 4 is quite boring indeed. FPS games are generally lacking any sort of variety.

God of War has a horrible story.

PC has no redeeming features for me.

Ocarina of Time has aged quite a bit. Wind Waker is the only Zelda game I'd call a truly superb game.

Multiplayer is a useless addition, and if it's in a game, it should be second to the SP experience.

I like Raiden :o

I also love the Pokemon Stadium games, but not the Colisseum ones.

-

Wow, this actually feels liberating.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#23 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

I can't get into "realistic" shooters. They're often not very realistic to begin with and there's something about them I just don't like. Like the other person stated I find them somewhat distasteful for some reason but I can't place my finger on it.

Alpha Protocol does choice and consequence better than any RPG before it and is worth the price of the game alone.

Two Worlds is a better RPG than Oblivion despite TW looking and sounding like garbage

I love what Bethesda did to Fallout's Gameplay...now if they could only get the dialogue/quests down and weren't afraid to really peddle the illegal drug/sex side of the previous games it would have been a better game.

I think Mass Effect 2 did the right thing. If a game has RPG aspects in it just to have RPG aspect at the cost of playability/fun...then either fix them or get rid of them. I'd rather experience a solid game and let other people argue if it's a 3rd person shooter or an RPG than play a sloppy game that is either of those genres.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#24 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts
  • Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.
  • MW2's campaign was fun.
  • God of War 3 is overrated.
  • MGS4 had a horrible ending.
  • Resistance 2 is much better than Fall of Man.
  • Mass Effect is better than Mass Effect 2 in storytelling.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

I can't understand the appeal of Halo and MGS series.

rwb79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rwb79
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts
Yep the Shenmue series is my fav series of all. Loved it!! I don't think many people would say that. My hope for a 3rd one is all but dead though.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 savebattery
Consoles are for little kids that can't play with a mouse and keyboard.Blacklight2
PC has incredibly limited genre representation. Fighters, party games, local multiplayer games in general, platformers, sports games, JRPGs, SHMUPS... if you want to play major commercial releases in any of those genres, you need a console. Sure, there are some great indie games in all of the mentioned genres on PC, but not nearly enough of them. I have a gaming PC, and I love it. But I can't play Virtua Fighter 5 or Sin and Punishment 2 on it.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Calvin079

Call of Duty 4 is quite boring indeed. FPS games are generally lacking any sort of variety.

Multiplayer is a useless addition, and if it's in a game, it should be second to the SP experience.

calvinsora

These, I agree with with the exception of Multiplayer being useless. its not entirely useless. Oh I forgot to add one more. Pokemon is DESPICABLE. There. I said it. I feel better.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#29 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

Calvin079

These, I agree with with the exception of Multiplayer being useless. its not entirely useless. Oh I forgot to add one more. Pokemon is DESPICABLE. There. I said it. I feel better.

OK, maybe I exaggerated a little. It's almost useless. :P

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Calvin079

^That si true. Most games don't do Multiplayer that well. Some do. But very few actually need it.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
Of course I do, COD games are garbage, Mario games are grossly overrated and there are way too many of them already. I find the Fable series to be boring as well.
meteo_ryte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 meteo_ryte
Member since 2005 • 1962 Posts
Hate Smash Bros series. Worst fighters ever made, imo. Dislike MGS series. Just couldn't get into the multi-tiered plots & conspiracies. Dislike FF for what it's become. Too complex for a casual gamer like myself. Hate LittleBigPlanet for it's poor gaming mechanics.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#33 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

Dead or Alive series > Soul Calibur series. :shock:

Elian2530

If you mean the more recent iterations of both series then I actually have to agree with you.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 savebattery
[QUOTE="Elian2530"]Dead or Alive series > Soul Calibur series. :shock:ZimpanX
If you mean the more recent iterations of both series then I actually have to agree with you.

Both series died after part two in my opinion...
Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
-Bioshock was a bore -Dragon Age was good for a bit, but they went overboard at times with the interacting, same with the Witcher, chapter 2 was HORRIBLE in that -Killer7 is a SUPERB game -I refuse to buy $80 xbox games to "support publishers", because there's no reason for games to still be that expensive. Suck on my used copy. -Like someone mentioned, Smash Bros. is the worst fighting game I've ever played.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
Demon's Souls is a JRPG. Sorry, but it is. Zelda is not an RPG. Final Fantasy 12 is the worst game in the series. Final Fantasy X-2 is a great game. Dragon Quest is a horrible franchise with frustrating, archaic game mechanics. It should have died years ago, yet Japan seems to inexplicably thrive on each installment. Bioware makes good games, but they haven't had a fresh and innovative story structure since Baldur's Gate. All the Elder Scrolls games are bad. Yes, all of them. Open world + no plot direction = jumbled mess.
neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

To expand on a previous post, GTA IV was a miserable, bland snoozefest that I kept forcing myself to play because of how amazing San Andreas is.

3D fighters are waaaay more fun than 2D fighters

All RPGs are boring

All FPSs are boring

PES still owns FIFA (the only area where I cannot get over my massive fanboyism...)

I don't mind if a game's main story is only 5-6 hours long.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Calvin079

All FPSs are boring.

I don't mind if a game's main story is only 5-6 hours long.

neildneil

I agree w/ all of these as well. FPSs are boring. Short games area good thing. You don't need to have a game drag on for 1500+ hrs. i'm surprised no trolls have come into this thread yet.

SerenityBeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 SerenityBeee
Member since 2010 • 103 Posts
  • Super Smash Bros is very overrated and a boring fighter
  • The PSP is a great system
  • COD is overrated.
  • Super Mario Sunshine is better then Super Mario Galaxy.
  • Wind Waker is the best Zelda game.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't the best AAA title.
SunOfAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 SunOfAtom
Member since 2010 • 85 Posts

I am constantly ridiculed for my love of The Suffering for original Xbox. That game truly struck a chord with me - I refuse to accept any other game as its superior.

I recommend everyone on this forum goes out and buys a copy.

SunOfAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 SunOfAtom
Member since 2010 • 85 Posts

Consoles are for little kids that can't play with a mouse and keyboard.Blacklight2

Sorry, but with that level of blind ignorance you shouldn't be allowed to post on forums.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

[QUOTE="Blacklight2"]Consoles are for little kids that can't play with a mouse and keyboard.SunOfAtom

Sorry, but with that level of blind ignorance you shouldn't be allowed to post on forums.

Should you be allowed to post? Respect other people's opinions, dude. Don't judge him.

Another unpopular opinion of mine is that Blizzard are greedy and that Batman Arkham Asylum is overrated. *puts up flame shield*

Riz_Cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Riz_Cola
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts

I really love those old dreamcast games. Jet set radio future was pretty awesome. Shenmue = win

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#44 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

[QUOTE="Blacklight2"]Consoles are for little kids that can't play with a mouse and keyboard.SunOfAtom

If you have a PC, last time I checked but The Suffering was Freeware on the Activision site :P

Whoops i meant Midway...

and Mhoops again...it might not work anymore because of Midway's financial problems

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
I love Far Cry 2. I didn't think the graphics were very good in Fable II or Fallout 3.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
The NFL 2K series was better that Madden. The Dreamcast was better than the PS2. Halo series single player>multi player The Wii has the best 2 fighting games this gen. Smash Bros Brawl and Tatsunoko vs Capcom Sonic R was a good game. Nights into Dreams was better than Mario 64. Sonic CD is the best game ever made. PSP> DS Playing most Wii games > playing any FPS on PS3 or 360.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#47 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 is a great game, 6 hour campaigns are fine, Assassin's Creed 2 sucks donkey balls, PC gaming is too expensive and complicated, RPG's are boring, xbox 360 is a great system.

Wow, this was fun.

KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

[QUOTE="Polybren"]I generally find military shooters distasteful and disrespectful. Apart from Wind Waker, Zelda has been dull and lifeless since A Link to the Past. The PSP is a great system. All this and more can be heard every week on GameSpot presents the HotSpot!Calvin079

Maybe because while you're sat there playing soldier in your pixel Afghanistan on CoD, thinking it's super-cool, there are real soldiers dying out there every day.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d32c9daf505
deactivated-57d32c9daf505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-57d32c9daf505
Member since 2009 • 214 Posts

I didn't like Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

and...

Monkey Island 3 is the best in the series, IMHO!

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

Wii > PS3 > Xbox 360.