Do you have a rule of how much you spend on a new/used/out of print game?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

So I was browsing the usual spots and as usual, I ran into games that were priced at $150 and upwards. I don’t buy limited/collectors edition anymore, but it got me thinking...

Generally speaking for a stand-alone complete video game that’s out of print new or used I strictly will only pay $100...plus postage if need be. Anything over that is ridiculous in my eyes. Just my opinion though.

On another note, from what I saw whilst looking for some out of print titles, newly released Switch games in New Zealand are $99. I thought we had it bad in Aus...

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I'll spend at most $70aud which is the standard price for a new release. That's rare though unless I want it day 1. I won't pay that.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Rarely care how much a game costs honestly. Do keep within an annual budget for personal entertainment purchases. Never over-exceed my budget, keeping track of how much I'm spending throughout the year.

2020 will be an interesting year because I fully plan on getting the PS5, and the collectors edition of Biohazard: RE 3 which are on the more pricey side of next year for gaming.

Ethic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ethic
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

100$ really is an awful lot.
Most of the time I'll wait until the price goes down.
Unless I really want it, like f.e. Death Stranding which I bought they day it came out, but that wasn't even close to a 100.

Or with PC releases which I dont need a physical copy I buy them on Steam, you can predict when they will go on sale based on the holiday season.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

After impulse-buying the 120-dollar version of Battlefront 2, I don't spend more than 60 dollars on any game.

Thankfully PC gaming generally has a lot of good sales, inexpensive yet fulfilling games, and good MMO's that are either free to play or cheap enough in light of the literal dozens of hours per month they give you.

I also don't buy used game because frankly there might as well not be such a thing on PC. Yes I know there are old copies of hard copy games but that's not really that much of a thing, especially when you can get most of those old games for like 3 dollars digitally (if they're not already free-ware, that is!).

Hell I just crossed the 600-hour mark with Cities: Skylines and that game set me back about 25 dollars.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Me personally I tend to avoid paying $30 for used games or $40 for new games (With a few exceptions.)