Do you ever see yourself not clearing your backlog of games due to few games that keeps you coming back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by DaVillain- (30105 posts) -

In my Steam library, I have over 100 backlog of games from Sales, I have so many games, I've haven't played from last year's Christmas, it's pitiful! I could probably knock more out of my library of games if I would just leave games like Killer Instinct, Borderlands 2, and Overwatch alone , but I'm always firing those games up right away :(

Gamers, do you have this problem as well not clearing your backlog due to the game you love replaying over & over again?

#2 Posted by RSM-HQ (6799 posts) -

@davillain-: Nah pretty good at clearing up the games I borrow and own, one way or another, mostly being able to at least beat the game for a single playthrough.

Even games I mostly have negative thoughts on. However if I'm simply finding myself not wanting to play more of a game, may that be because it's not my taste, or unacceptable to play. I either delete it off my gaming folder or trade it in. Which to me is counted for clearing it out my backlog_

I go back to games more than I play newer, first time classic games, and rarely see myself have a backlogging issue. May that be because I'm selective or committed is debatable.

Eitherway I try all kinds of games and 'usually' play them to completion. Or mentally throw them in a fire xD

#3 Edited by Sam3231 (2111 posts) -

I don't really have much of a backlog these days. Usually when I buy a game I play it right away.

#4 Posted by DaVillain- (30105 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

@davillain-: Nah pretty good at clearing up the games I borrow and own, one way or another, mostly being able to at least beat the game for a single playthrough.

Even games I mostly have negative thoughts on. However if I'm simply finding myself not wanting to play more of a game, may that be because it's not my taste, or unacceptable to play. I either delete it off my gaming folder or trade it in. Which to me is counted for clearing it out my backlog_

I go back to games more than I play newer, first time classic games, and rarely see myself have a backlogging issue. May that be because I'm selective or committed is debatable.

Eitherway I try all kinds of games and 'usually' play them to completion. Or mentally throw them in a fire xD

I gotta admit, your pretty good at playing games right on the spot. For me, there are games I get very addicted replaying and it kinda prevents me of not trying out other games I bought.

@Sam3231 said:

I don't really have much of a backlog these days. Usually when I buy a game I play it right away.

That be me as well but when I get to like in a middle of a game, for some reasons, I put the game on-stalled and go right back to the one's I'm enjoying replaying.

#5 Posted by RSM-HQ (6799 posts) -

@davillain-: Well, I'll have quite the backlog when I grab a Nintendo Switch sometime in 2018. So many fantastic games I want to play on that system and the count will only increase.

So I understand your mix desire to play something else, but are comfortable with your current gaming selection of preference.

#6 Posted by VERTIGO47 (7012 posts) -

I've stopped keeping backlogs 2 years into this generation. And it's part of the reason I've remain one console this gen. Got my XBOX ONE X as my primary and my original XBOX ONE is in my bedroom. I also have a N2DSXL. It's all I really need at this point. Also I play one game at a time, and I like to complete a game from beginning to end.

Most of my backlogs or unopened games I've managed to sell through the Let It Go App, through eBay and Amazon. I still have more unopened games to sell. But currently I've managed to limit my purchasing impulse.

At this point into the generation, I only buy games that are interesting to me.

#7 Posted by narlymech (1541 posts) -

Yeah I got into a couple mp shooters this year and didn't get to my backlog of sp at all. It kinda iritates me.

#8 Edited by goodzorr (351 posts) -

I bought Just Cause 3 when it was on offer last Boxing Day. Still not booted it up. I'm quite pleased with myself for not buying SW:BFII or WWE 2K16 as I know I wouldn't play them as much as I should. I still have barely got through the Witcher 3. Even FIFA this year has been barely used. I did however buy Cities: Skylines on a whim and am thoroughly enjoying it. I make a much more conscious decision not to buy games these days, cos there's loads on my PS4 and Xbox One that I've barely played, including the Games with Gold/PSPlus games.

#9 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5123 posts) -

I’ll never clear my backlog but not for this reason. Games are so ridiculously expensive now that I have to wait for a price drop in order to buy them. And by then, lots more have been released.