Do you ever run out of games to play?

#1 Edited by Worlds_Apart (153 posts) -

Me myself due to not playing for many years I have a huge backlog dating back to the 360/PS3 era, so I won't run out of games to play for a while. However some of you guys who haven't taken much time off gaming, do you ever run out of games to play? I ask because sometimes when I read forum posts, you guys can be very critical of games. Before playing a game you already know whether the game sucks or not and can refuse to play it regardless of if it got high review scores. Take ghost on system wars for instance, he only likes FPS games and absolutely hates certain genres like RPGs or games with cutscenes. I always think does he or anyone else on here suffer from game droughts? There are only so many games that can fit your preference. Or maybe you have just completed every game that interests you?

So I'm really curious, do you guys ever run out of games to play? or have you ever in the past?

#2 Edited by robert_sparkes (2906 posts) -

I don't think I've ever run out of games on any platform. There's always games released even smaller indies are like full games this gen.

#3 Posted by RSM-HQ (8208 posts) -

After I've either beaten or given up with Ultima VII, will technically have ran out of games, however I plan on purchasing the upcoming CastleVania Collection on at least two platforms.

Though I have a tendency to go back to great older games as well.

#4 Posted by Plaguecrafter (32 posts) -

Just as Robert said, I don't think I'll ever run out of games to play as there are just so many interesting games to play with so many indies coming out every day.

#5 Posted by JohnnyGT1 (111 posts) -

I don't think I'll ever run out of games to play. Since I already have a huge backlog myself and thanks to the golden week holiday I managed to clear out three games from my backlog.

#6 Edited by pyro1245 (4914 posts) -

There's simply not enough time to play all the games I want to play.....

#7 Posted by warmblur (2127 posts) -

I replay my favorite old games when there's nothing new out.

#8 Posted by Archangel3371 (27551 posts) -

No. There is a LOT of games that I want to play, more then I could probably ever find time to play. Plus I already have a sizeable back log as it is.

#9 Posted by madrocketeer (6234 posts) -

Nope. Quite the opposite. I have a huge list of games I'm either holding off or passing altogether because I don't have time for them.

#10 Posted by VagrantSnow (267 posts) -

At the moment I have too many games to play. I want to play different games and do different things in them but I don't have a lot of free time to play them all and do what I want in them.

#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (32735 posts) -

Nope, way too many.

#12 Posted by Speeny (1479 posts) -

Not right now. Gotta a pretty big backlog of things.

#13 Posted by DoomNukem3D (156 posts) -

It's less that I run out and more that there are moments where j cant find anything that I feel like playing.

#14 Posted by Kadin_Kai (320 posts) -

Unlikely

#15 Edited by omegaMaster (1224 posts) -

Depends if I have the motivation or time to even play a video game these days.

I had a backlog of PS4 games to play after completing Kingdom Hearts 3. Due to time constraints, I sold Uncharted Drake Collection and Okami HD.

#16 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2292 posts) -

@doomnukem3d said:

It's less that I run out and more that there are moments where j cant find anything that I feel like playing.

Bingo. This is me. Even though I have so many games that need beating I'm always itching for something new. I love buying games. Sometimes I'll look at my shelf and go right past games that have been sitting there forever like Borderlands 2 and Bioshock. Then to add insult to the injury I start a new game on Horizon Zero Dawn smh

#17 Edited by HEATHEN75 (662 posts) -

@valgaav_219 said:
@doomnukem3d said:

Bingo. This is me. Even though I have so many games that need beating I'm always itching for something new. I love buying games. Sometimes I'll look at my shelf and go right past games that have been sitting there forever like Borderlands 2 and Bioshock. Then to add insult to the injury I start a new game on Horizon Zero Dawn smh

Me too. I have 3 AC games, Arkham Knight, Spider-Man, Monster Hunter, Zelda and I'm sure more that I can't think of right now. Instead of jumping into any one of those, I started my 5th Skyrim character. I will never run out of backlog unless I win the lotto and retire.

#18 Posted by Raining51 (800 posts) -

100%.

#19 Posted by lucidique (570 posts) -

@worlds_apart said:

So I'm really curious, do you guys ever run out of games to play? or have you ever in the past?

I've hit that point in life where i have all the budget for gaming in the world, but little to no time to do so.

I have a 1150+ backlog on PC, and just aquired a PS4pro with about 20+ games.

It's a nightmare.

#20 Edited by Yams1980 (3420 posts) -

Almost impossible to run out of them. I have a pretty big backlog so if i ever get bored of a game, i got a lot of other ones i can go to.

Its why i kinda laugh and question how these microtransaction and live service scams keep going so strongly. I haven't any time to waste in a game like that, and i'm not sure why there are so many people who not only waste their time in these games, but also give blindly to support these games which will eventually destroy gaming as we know it.

#21 Posted by Enragedhydra (1078 posts) -

I own over 1000 games so I'm good

#22 Posted by Orionsbane (26 posts) -

I used to have that problem when I was a kid and had plenty of free time. Now I have job, housework, social bonds to maintain, and now the problem is completely opposite. There're so many games I can afford to buy and really want to play, but I don't have enough time to play them all. And the list grows longer with each month.

#23 Edited by blackfiragas (20 posts) -

I don't. I rarely buy multiple games at the same time and I play one game until I'm done with it, lose interest in continuing it or doesn't like it. I just don't see the point in buying more game that I can play.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
#24 Posted by GettingonwithGamingLife (221 posts) -

All the time. I end up finishing so many quickly so I replay them or get a new game.