Do you dislike kid gamers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

unrealplaya55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 unrealplaya55
Member since 2007 • 1278 Posts

Well im 13 and still a kid, and occasinally ill get some *&# who will tell me to shut up and then say other crap that makes 0 sense.

Now i might see why if i was screaming or something but thats just stupid. Im really mature when i talk over the mic. I think the closest thing to a scream was an ARGHHH when somedude kept using a noobtube in cod4.

Now i know most people say they hate kid gamers because they see some youtube vid of a kid going crazy because he gets killed. But then you gotta think that thats about how 4% of the population acts.

So do you have anything agaisnt kids who game?

kjaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kjaf
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts

As long as they act mature I have no problem at all. Some of the best players Ihave ever played with have been kids. The problem I have with them, from a MMO perspective, is they spam chat bars and act immature. One of the biggest problems with WoW is how much of the population is around 12-15 years old, and most of them act extremely immature.

When playing Cobiggd4 I havent had that much of a problem with kids in there. When they start talking trash I really just ignore them, but I have a mucher bigger problem with them in MMOs.

kjaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kjaf
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
thats COD4 btw big typo there haha.
Chipmunk555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chipmunk555
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
It's ironic that people always complain about immature kids on Live yet 90% of the time I hear adults acting immature, as I can tell by their deep voices.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
I dislike immature gamers. Maturity, however, has little to do with age.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Under 16, 9 times out of 10 i'll hate you. But if a kid can handle themselves i usually don't have a problem. I also hate little kids who step in front of me at gamestop with saying excuse me when i'm looking at games.
Avatar image for SherlockHolmes1
SherlockHolmes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SherlockHolmes1
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts
Younger gamers don't bother me unless they are acting like idiots, than again that applies to anyone.
CureForLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CureForLiving
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts
Luckily I have a pretty high tolerance towards other so normally other being being stupid doesn't bother me but I think it really doesn't matter if its a kid or a adult, both can be equally anoying.
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

well yes because %90 of kids are annoying...

they yell at each other, they curse when their teammates do a simple mistake, they blame others always, when they win they start using "pwned" "loser" "what a ..." etc., they use cursing to act like they are big but actually they dont know that even if they are big, cursing shows how immature you are.

any adult who acts like that only proves their iq age so they are kids too and they are annoying too...

notice that i dont say everyone is like that , %90 kids and some biggies that are actually kiddies...

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
As long as they don't act like little brats or get upset at the tiniest little mistakes, then I have no beef with them. Otherwise, I'd very much prefer to play with people who well within my age group or older. At least they have the common sense to realize that "its just a game."
LongWay2Go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LongWay2Go
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts

Well it depends on the kid. If he's really immature then I'm really gonna hate on him and ignore him. He's just a kid after all and therefore, deserves to be ignored because he's immature. No need to waste time and tell them to STFU because they're just gonna act even more immature.

If he's mature, then I'm gonna treat him the way he deserves, with respect too.

Lovely_beauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#13 Lovely_beauty
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts

It seems that many players on Gamespot have played video game for over 10 years (including me), which means they all used to be kid gamers. There is no way I can hate a fellow player only because of his/her age. Take it easy!;)

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
depends. there are a lot of kids who are like "HAL0 IS T3H WINZORZS!!! LOL!1 WHATS A MARIO?" and i hate those ones, but there are some who know their stuff to, my brother (who is 12) has played most games i've played on the NES, SNES, and Genesis, we both played River City Ransom for like 3 hours straight a few months ago
patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
Younger gamers don't bother me unless they are acting like idiots, than again that applies to anyone.SherlockHolmes1
well said
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts

I dislike immature gamers. Maturity, however, has little to do with age.ThePlothole

Agreed with that.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts
I have no problems with kid gamers. I have a problem with people who like to fulfill their on-line fantasies of being the Grand-wizard of the KKK.
N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
the problem may not be you specifically, but the general kid gaming population.
JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts

I think its the high pitched voice that makes me hate younger gamers.

In all seriousness, if you are mature and can handle yourself, I'm your friend.

nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

If you have a squeaky, shrill voice I mute immediately. Not because I assume you are a terrible person, but because the last thing I need is that noise directly in my ear. It hurts.

Anybody who is overly bragging or whiny, excessively profane, thinks they're some hardas*, or speaks like an inbred moron (goes for all types of illiteracy: ghetto-speak, leet-speak, I-have-no-idea-how-to-form-a-proper-sentence-speak, etc). If you fit any of those you tend to get muted too.

Does all this mean I hate little kid gamers specifically? No.... they just tend to be the most egregious offenders of all of these.

DarkElf2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 DarkElf2112
Member since 2008 • 892 Posts
I'm a certified old gamer. Old enough to be the dad of half the people on these forums in fact. I'll say this, the douche bag demographic runs between 17 to 25 years of age. Young teens usually aren't obnoxious and they can't help thier high voices so I don't have a problem with most of them. The guys (and it's always guys) that obviously are frustrated that no female is interested thier below average testosterone level are usually where you'll find the biggest concentration of idiots. I think the young kids are a little intimidated and don't want any trouble and mature adults simply don't want to waste thier valuable time on foolishness.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

No offense to you, sport, but kids are one the reasons I don't play videogames online with the general public.

To be fair, I have seen similar behavior online from men in their 30's and 40's, so I think an idiot is an idiot, regardless of age.

Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
Kids...YES. Gamers...NO. Kids are stinky, Gamers rock. Combine the two and you get a stinky rocker. I don't think anyone likes a Stinky Rocker.
Avatar image for TheLordRagnarok
TheLordRagnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheLordRagnarok
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts

I can stand kid gamers, but not if they're the ones who go, "Lolz, this game has a picture of a guy with a gun on the front! It must be good!" as they hand Haze to they're parent. (Oh snap). If they are mature, don't shoot the first thing that moves and have control over their temper, then I'll happily play with them. I'd rather be online with a 10 year old who can handle a situation sensibly than a 25 year old who screams "Hackz!!!11!eleven!!1" the first time they're shot.

ravencr0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ravencr0w
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Yes I hate kid gamers. It's those squeaky little motherless bastards in the mall who hog the demo machine skrieking and cussing over some dynasty warrriors game that I classify under the name "kid gamers" though. Online they scream over things they don't understand, typing all in caps and other kinds of stupid nonsense.

Well behaved decent youngsters can be hard to find these days.

FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FreshDimSum
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts

i sware this generation. didnt see that in the nes era lol. thats why i like psn. i like as little mic usage as much as possible because ppl tend to use mics only to annoy. mute button FTW.

but heres a good question. how on earth a kid convience their parents to buy them a bluetooth headset to talk online? *cough cough white parents*

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts
The only reason i dislike kid gamers is because of how the ESRB system isnt enforced allowing pretty much anyone of any age to play any game. Developers and politicians know that kids will be playing said games and ultimately the overall adult experience is lowered to compensate.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#32 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

I do not hate because of age, I hate because of experience. Newbies play some turd game with shiny graphics and because its like the first game they ever played they are like "omfg this game is the best!!!!" when in reality its one of the most pathetic pieces of crap that has ever existed. They have no point of reference by starting in the middle of the gaming age.

Thats why its up to the old schoolers to point the newbies to games that make their "favorite game" look like the turd it is.

In any event people have different preferences and with time everyone's tastes evolve and grow the more games they play. So dont worry to much about what other people have to say about a game or not it really all comes down to how each game makes you feel. If you like the color orange, nobody else can really tell you that you are wrong lol.

Mika93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Mika93
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I don't know why would someone dislike kid gamers in particular. Sure, little kids screaming to the mic is damn annoying, but as I myself don't play any games requiring a mic, this is hardly a problem for me. I mainly play MMORPG's and age doesn't really matter in them. If a player is an idiot, it's hardly ever because of their age. And thank god for letting me ignore them.

Also, age has nothing to do with your playing skills. But kids do tend to have more time playing than adults. The more you play the better you are. Well, that's not exactly the case, some people just tend to be better at some games than others, but you know what I mean.

ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#34 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts
im 14 and i get tired of 9 and ten year olds crying in halo 2 online just cuz i wont have mercy
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nosferatu

im 14 and i get tired of 9 and ten year olds crying in halo 2 online just cuz i wont have mercyishoturface

May I present exhibit A!

Uma-Chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Uma-Chan
Member since 2005 • 14901 Posts
I don't have a problem with anyone that 'games' until they start to get annoying.
ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#37 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts

[QUOTE="ishoturface"]im 14 and i get tired of 9 and ten year olds crying in halo 2 online just cuz i wont have mercynosferatu

May I present exhibit A!

are you saying im a crybaby?
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 atejas
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
[QUOTE="nosferatu"]

[QUOTE="ishoturface"]im 14 and i get tired of 9 and ten year olds crying in halo 2 online just cuz i wont have mercyishoturface

May I present exhibit A!

are you saying im a crybaby?

No, i think he was calling you a bragger.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
I've never met a kid gamer that I didnt hate, sorry but I have to say kids who yell the F word and talk about how they just "pwnt your mom" just grinds my gears.
AnotherKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 AnotherKill
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts
Actually more than 4% of the Kids online act that way, If you've played Counter Strike Source, You'd understand.
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
I dont dislike kid gamers.I highly dislike 8 year old kids screaming in thier mics.
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts
I'm 13 too. When I used to play Halo 2 online, I would just say something like hello and I would get a reponse like this "STFU girl let your balls drop". It used to piss me off. I'm pretty mature for my age. I think I should be treated with respect.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I started playing games when I was a kid, so that would be unfair. Just don't ask for a handicap if you play unfair.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 _AbBaNdOn
Oooops this topic is about something completely different than what I thought lol. I dont play games online so I cant speak to this topic I guess. I know what I WOULD do. Instead of ignoring little kids, I feed into them and try to piss them off. I use to play this one MMORPG and this little kid was spamming that he wanted to go on this particular quest in a place where everyone gathered to trade. So instead of telling him to shut up or something I told him that I would take him on it.

Well he got like 3-4 other people to come with us who were all low level and we finally get to the dungeon and its time to start. Where there are all the spells you can cast on your crap, so I ask for his armor and weapons to buff. He gives them to me. Then I portal out of the dungeon and sell his crap to some NPC vendor.

For the next couple of days I had this little kid crying and balling to get his stuff back. Lesson Learned.
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nosferatu

For the next couple of days I had this little kid crying and bawling (v: to cry or weep.... balling is a vernacular term for someone who is cool, rich, etc and is used more as an adjective) to get his stuff back. Lesson Learned._AbBaNdOn

There, corrected that for you.

What's the lesson, that the internet is full of douchebags? You could have always gone Right click---> Ignore and saved yourself the spam. He probably didn't learn anything other than not to trust people in the game. How does just taking his stuff from him teach him not to spam general chat?

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 _AbBaNdOn
That if you act like a whiny little _______ (like people who correct other peoples grammar) then people arent going to be very nice to you.
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nosferatu

That if you act like a whiny little _______ (like people who correct other peoples grammar) then people arent going to be very nice to you._AbBaNdOn

I was just just teaching you a lesson that has far more utility in life than the one you taught him...... Of course, it doesn't work that way does it? Not when you're the one being made to look stupid or being taught something.

Oh Snap! Man, I wish the tooltip from the reviews worked here too!

xanisk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xanisk89
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts

As long as they act mature I have no problem at all. Some of the best players Ihave ever played with have been kids. The problem I have with them, from a MMO perspective, is they spam chat bars and act immature. One of the biggest problems with WoW is how much of the population is around 12-15 years old, and most of them act extremely immature.

When playing Cobiggd4 I havent had that much of a problem with kids in there. When they start talking trash I really just ignore them, but I have a mucher bigger problem with them in MMOs.

kjaf

that's a misconception..most who play WoW are teenagers between 14 and 18. There are also many adults that play but the most immature ones are really the ones closer to 18 rather than 12.

pitchblack3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49 pitchblack3
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts
You may not be part of it, but most kids these days are GTA fanatics and they're just lame. Everytime I go to a place where there's PS2, like an internet cafe with ps2 rentals, all I see is some violent freak kids memorizing a cheat or two, or otherwise squashing pedestrians with a car. Bet they're drooling for gta 4 now eh.