Do you also get scared of games that have campaigns reaching up to 100 hours?

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 498 Posts

For me, I remember when games first started having advertised 100 hours of gameplay. It was the previews for final fantasy 7, they claimed it was 100 hours. And I was so excited at the prospect of playing this game for 100 hours. When I completed it, it was more like 25 hours and I remember being very disappointed that the game was over already.

Being young with no responsibilties I guess I had all the time in the world to play games all day and 100 hours was a piece of cake. These days however even when I get 1 to 2 weeks of free time I get very scared and find myself avoiding games that pass 50 hours or reach near 100 hours. Games like Persona 5, Skyrim, Fallout etc. I own the Witcher 3 but have heard that to complete this game and all the DLC could take up to 150 hours. That's crazy!! I wish I could be like the young me and welcome these games. I also know some people love these long games but I just wanted to know, do you also get scared of games that have campaigns reaching up to 100 hours??

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

No I love it. Most games are between 15-30 hours. So I sometimes finish them in a week or 2. So if I get a game I'm really into that last 100 hours for the same price. What's not to love about it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7210 Posts

I've put in a combined over 100 hours In skyrim and dragon age inquisition. I've got the witcher 3 which I'll be getting to in due course.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#4 GNS
Member since 2015 • 920 Posts

Scared? No. I may be put-off, depending on a game, but scared is a funny word to describe this.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15895 Posts

Yes but only to games that gives way too much freedom. Games like witcher 3, I loses focus on story mission and kept doing side mission that I become scared to continue the main story because I am scared I missed anything if I moves forward with story.

Games like the Persona series I love because no matter what, story is always the main focus and no matter what I do story will move forward so I am not scared I will miss anything

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

When I was young I could spend many hours every single day playing games, but didn't have the money to get but a handful of games a year. Now, I'm at the point in my life where I can easily afford to buy all of the games that appeal to me, but I barely have any free time to play them. It's difficult for me to even get about 4 or 5 hours a week of gaming time.

So, yeah, long games do generally tend to turn me off since I know that it would consume all of my limited gaming time for many months and therefore it has to be a truly exceptional game like Skyrim for me to make that kind of comittment with my limited gaming time. In most cases, I would rather spread my limited gaming time out among a few shorter games than one long game.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

It doesn’t appeal to me too much. Because I generally only like games that you can complete within 10-20 hours. But, if it were a JRPG it’s always better longer.

Dire_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dire_Raven
Member since 2019 • 44 Posts

No. I'm quite the opposite. I prefer games with a longer play session/campaign. They give you a higher "bang for your buck". Though for me, I would prefer if it had replayability.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

More than 100 hours is even better, it is the biggest variable for me when it comes to value.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Depends on the game, its quality, and its replayability. If it's something I really enjoy, I get plenty out the game. Not the kind of person who wants to move onto the next zeitgeist at anycase, don't follow tends, follow enjoyment.

For Monster Hunter I usually end up putting in over a thousand hours into the good ones. For games like Fallout 3 however I put about ten hours and got bored, because the gameplay wasn't very good. Only so many times does blowing limbs off with V.A.T.s have appeal.

gvxwastrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gvxwastrum
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

Witcher 3 last too long for my tastes. I prefer high quality 25-30 hour campaigns vs 150 hours of content that drags.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Give me a 200 hour game. You're getting more value for your money. That's one of the reasons I haven't even played Spider-Man yet. Watched my son beat it in 2 days and kind of lost interest.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts
@gns said:

Scared? No. I may be put-off, depending on a game, but scared is a funny word to describe this.

Yeah, put-off or off-putting makes more sense. I doubt OP is literally scared of long games, if he is then I hope he never leaves his home, he'll get a heart attack.

Nah OP, I don't mind if a game takes forever. I've been playing Shadow of the Tombraider for 2 months now, and I'll be doing the same with the RE2: Remake. I suspect Metro Exodus will take me a good half a year. Saves money in my opinion, not just because I'm buying less games, but because SP experiences aren't as fraught with micro-transactions as MP ones.

Failock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Failock
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

i love it bro

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 498 Posts
@mordant221 said:
@gns said:

Yeah, put-off or off-putting makes more sense. I doubt OP is literally scared of long games, if he is then I hope he never leaves his home, he'll get a heart attack.

lol fair enough. Wrong choice of words.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Yes but it's only because I lose interest in most games after 20 hours or so. However, there have been games I finished in 60 hours and really wished there was more.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#17 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

depends on the developer

100+ hour game from CD Projekt or Rockstar? hell yes, bring it on!

100 hour game from Ubisoft (ala AC Odyssey)? huge turnoff, I couldn't even finish those games when they were 30 hours

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't get the scary part either. But, no. I don't get put off by the length of games.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10413 Posts

it's rare i can tolerate a campaign longer then 25-30 hours