do wii component cables work for gamecube?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts
yeah so all last generation, and even to this day ive only owned a gamecube. im still playing a bunch of games and im wondering if the component cables for the wii work for the gc. I have the first model of the gamecube so it can use the component cables.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

I don't think so, although if they were compatible I'd love some - I have an early model Gamecube as well but never bought the component cables from Nintendo's crazy-expensive online store.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts

I don't think so, although if they were compatible I'd love some - I have an early model Gamecube as well but never bought the component cables from Nintendo's crazy-expensive online store.

DJ_Lae

exactly, and if you want to even buy used ones for the cube theyre usually around 100 bucks which is insane

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
No they don't like GC the Wii has its own plug, that won't work with anything else. Before the Gamecube all Nintendo cables from Snes through N64 work with each other. I liked it that way better but ohh well. I do own the Gamecube Componet cables, and ones ones for Wii.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
No. The port on the back of the Wii is different.