Do the old games of yesteryear deserve to be rebooted?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PrinnyDood00 (25 posts) -

Yo this has been on my mind for a while now there's a lot of old games out there both good and bad from the days of the mega drive and Snes up to the days of the PlayStation and N64 and it got me thinking which of these old games from there respected consoles have the potential for a reboot for today's modern consoles personally I would like there to be a reboot of the first primal rage since killer instinct got rebooted with today's technology I think it could work please give your opinion.

#2 Posted by SovietsUnited (2457 posts) -

The current era is a bad time for reboots, I always prefer a HD remaster these days

#3 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

No. Well...maybe?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#4 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18695 posts) -

If they're done well sure why not?

#5 Edited by SoNin360 (6747 posts) -

Well, it's better than having a bunch of games that aren't more than a couple of years old "rebooted"

#6 Posted by torenojohn7 (546 posts) -

Name one video game reboot which is better than the original!

#7 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (15593 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

If they're done well sure why not?

Yeah this.

#8 Posted by spike6958 (6691 posts) -

Yes, but it depends on the game.

Personally, the only series I want rebooted ATM is Dino Crisis, but there are lots of games that would benefit from been brought up-to-date.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#9 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21090 posts) -

Most reboots are betrayals, so... no?

#10 Posted by wiouds (6233 posts) -

If they can be done well then I have no problem with it.

I do not want RE to have a reboot.

#11 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18695 posts) -

@wiouds: I think they could reboot it in the current universe if that makes sense. Just put it in a different time period and make it a totally new threat, new characters, etc.

#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (23853 posts) -

Sure why not. Old or recent, if a developer wants to reboot something and I like it then I'll buy it.

#13 Edited by wiouds (6233 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer: What I like about the RE setting is that they said the early RE games happen and do not just sweep them under the rug. Dead Space games keep doing and the world never knew for each of the three games.

I just hate the ideal of a reboot because the characters are as scared anymore. Well the world change so they are working toward dealing with it.

#14 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18695 posts) -

@wiouds: But like I said I think it'd be possible to reboot the series without really rebooting it. Like bring up a totally new threat, new cast, etc.

#15 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

I would fine with HD remaster versions, but actually reboots? Nah, I think it needs to happen since most of those notable games of yesteryear have sold really well that a reboot would kinda be a betrayal to the fans. But if it's a game that didn't do particular well, but had some neat concept, then I think that's acceptable for a reboot.