Do other people suffer this problem, or is it just me ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

I brought watchdogs when it first came out, wasn't overly impressed at first, then after a while I started to enjoy it... But now I haven't played it for about 2months, because I play bf4 in the evening with my mates, and got back into fifa.. So my problem is getting back into the story , and remembering the buttons !!

Does anyone else have this problem or do you complete games ( which I usually do ) within the first few weeks of getting them ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Many people have this problem... Except me. Game stories suck donkey balls so I never depend on it when I play.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@crewe8: Usually happens to me if I'm unsure about a game. But most times I just push on through the story, and most of the time it gets better and better, which was the case with Watch Dogs for me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Not really. I can generally get right back into the story and gameplay of a game that I put away for awhile pretty quickly. There's the initial moments of remembering whats what but it's usually very brief.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

I never really had a problem remembering a story but I often forget which button does what.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@crimsonbrute: This is me, especially since I play multiple games in one day most of the time.

Avatar image for theguitarguy321
theguitarguy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By theguitarguy321
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

I have a similar problem. If I find a game too difficult, I might take a long break from it and move on to something else. Then, when I'm ready to go back, I have to remember the controls and get the feel for it all over again.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@crewe8: i don't think you're the only one

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@crewe8: i usually complete the games in the first weeks but since i got GTA V and black flag i stopped doing that, use the manual and if you want to be engaged just blow stuff up with your phone or do a black out, can't wait to get this game my self.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

If a game does not grab my attention in the first hour or so then I may go play something else. If I were to go back to it I would have to start again, it's a mixture between the story being a bit foggy and being to far in the game where it expects you to be good at the controls.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Let me tell you a story...

It took me three attempts to actually play through Final Fantasy 8 for a similar reason. I played it, got to the second disc and then lost interest. Picked it up again but couldn't remember for the life of me where I was supposed to go and just decided to restart. Same thing happened, got to the same point on the second disc and stopped after losing interest again. Third time trying, I again couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing and again after wondering around for a bit, restarted the game again. This time though I actually plowed through the whole game without breaking from it. What usually happens is new games come out and I drop the others. Especially when I'm trying to play a older game and unlike FF,7,9 and 10, FF8 bored me to where it was easy to just drop it.

What happens with more modern games when I do this is that I get used to a control scheme from a previous game I was playing and then try and push the button and realize what I thought would happen didn't because it's a different game lol This pretty much only happens to me with shooters though.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

When I haven't played a game in a long time, I usually prefer to restart than to continue.

I like to remember the story where I left off.

Yes I do tend to play games "straight thru" not switching back and forth, the exception to that is stuff like racing games, or a round of BF4 in between another game.