Disappointed about Alien: Blackout? There's an MMO shooter on it's way...

#1 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5176 posts) -

If, like me, you were disappointed to hear that Alien: Blackout turned out to be a mobile game, FoxNext and Cold Iron Studios offered a ray of hope by revealing an MMO shooter set within the Alien universe. Full story below;

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64379/new-alien-game-mmo-shooter-consoles-pc/index.html

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#2 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21529 posts) -

That's even worse than the mobile game.

#3 Posted by RSM-HQ (8320 posts) -

Alien fans have it pretty rough.

#4 Posted by DaVillain- (36438 posts) -

To be honest, the whole Alien franchise is now garbage. The latest movies, the latest games, and the Franchise always ends up with latest fools who don't know what the hell they are doing.

I gave up on Alien right after Alien Isolation.

#5 Posted by warmblur (2338 posts) -

Somewhere Randy Pitchford is laughing in a dark room.

#6 Posted by phbz (4409 posts) -

Oh FFS! Why?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#7 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21529 posts) -

@davillain- said:

To be honest, the whole Alien franchise is now garbage. The latest movies, the latest games, and the Franchise always ends up with latest fools who don't know what the hell they are doing.

I gave up on Alien right after Alien Isolation.

The last five movies (counting the two AvP) were garbage and both the last AvP game and Colonial Marines were disappointing, but Isolation is all in all a solid enough game, my problems with it are that it's too long and the xenomorph AI is wonky (which has been improved with mods). All things considered it's a fine Alien game, which is more than franchises like Star Wars and Star Trek have had in many years.

#8 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43913 posts) -

I never thought I'd say this but they should take the franchise away from FOX and give it to Disney and EA :P Or get Monolith back in the mix like the good ol' days.

You know, an AvP MMOFPS could be something really cool if it was taken seriously and made by a competent developer with a publisher treating it with the respect it deserves, but announcing these two things within days of eachother (the mobile and MMO games) just seems like them trying to stay relevant, saying "Hey look we still own the IP and at least we are doing something with it".

Bleh...

#9 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5176 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

I never thought I'd say this but they should take the franchise away from FOX and give it to Disney and EA :P Or get Monolith back in the mix like the good ol' days.

It *is* being given to Disney since Disney are in the process of acquiring 20th Century Fox. Also, Ridley Scott himself has stated he has no intention of stopping making more movies anytime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
#10 Edited by deactivated-5c56012aaa167 (2538 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

You know, an AvP MMOFPS could be something really cool if it was taken seriously and made by a competent developer with a publisher treating it with the respect it deserves, but announcing these two things within days of eachother (the mobile and MMO games) just seems like them trying to stay relevant, saying "Hey look we still own the IP and at least we are doing something with it".

Bleh...

Yeah right. Give it to Disney and EA and they will ruin it like Star Wars.

#13 Posted by watercrack445 (1542 posts) -

Just combine metro series games and resident evil games. Now, that would a pretty good alien game. Then, you create or find a big robot and fight the alien queen.

#14 Posted by robert_sparkes (3012 posts) -

Was interested until I heard mmo.