Different Gravity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheStickMafia (868 posts) -

I have never taken note to gravity in video games, until I messed with slow-motion on Grand Theft Auto : Vice City. What games have different beyond life gravity?

#2 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25164 posts) -
Dead Space has those space sections where you go outside the ship, very cool how they did it.
#3 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

Dead Space is a good one!

- a bunch of Halo games have options to change gravity in the multiplayer settings I think

- Star Wars: Republic Commando's singleplayer has a bit where you get to a space ship by floating from another one, but I don't remember how much control you have (it could just be a bit of a cinematic at the start of the mission)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando's multiplayer has a level where you can get to the other side by flinging yourself across the edge of the level, and the gravity on those strips is lower

- Prey changes gravity and has you doing stuff like walking on ceilings, but I haven't played it yet

- Gravity Rush's main character kind of controls gravity for herself, or something along those lines. I haven't played more than a bit of a demo for that one though.

- TimeSplitters 3 has a level (or two, but in the same time period?) where you get time grenades. Not really gravity, but the place that they explode slows down, so enemies fly back slowly (and I think your movement slows down too)
- FEAR lets you slow down time too. Not gravity again, but still all slow and floaty

#4 Posted by wiouds (6233 posts) -

Try Inversion. It has part where you in a cover base shooting while floating and there they a strange affect where you could have shoot out with enemys on plateform amost 90 degree from the one you on.

#5 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Shattered Horizon had some really good gravity mechanics at work.

#6 Posted by Jehuty08 (1951 posts) -

- Gravity Rush's main character kind of controls gravity for herself, or something along those lines. I haven't played more than a bit of a demo for that one though.

IcyToasters

Was going to say this. I had a lot of fun with Gravity Rush, you control Kats Gravity and can manipulate the gravity of objects and other people, can get a bit disorienting at a few points if you have been flying around... err, falling around in one of the more open areas, you can forget which way is up :P

#7 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

InFamous 1 & 2, not really control of Gravity but after a while Cole get's upgrades to float through the air and in 2 also a Spiderman Like Lightning Hook Ability to pull up to highter places. Combined with the electric thrusters it really playsm great and floaty.