Devs should stop using medieval music in wrpgs! Yes, stop it rite now or else!

• 53 results
mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Yeah, let's have dubstep.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@henrythefifth: You've been known to troII but. . . Come on!

Sacred 2 is a bad Diablo clone, with ugly and generic 'everything'. I wouldn't use it as a good example of how RPGs should work, look, or be inspired by. Even as a game let alone it's genre; unless you simply have bad taste in games?

This ugly generic mess came out in 2008. The same year as games like MGSIV, Fable 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: CS, Devil May Cry 4, Little Big Planet and Gears of War 2.

Champions of Norrath a whole generation before did a better job being a Diablo clone than that garbage.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

Sacred 2 actually had rock concert in it! You had to find all the magic instrument for this rock band, and then you got to see this awesome rock concert by Blind Guardian. Brill.

That song is pretty terrible, even for its time. I did, for the record very much enjoy the game, though.

But again, I don't think the issue for people that see it as one is its being anachronistic, even if they claim it is. People put up with anachronisms all the time in fantasy, particularly when it comes to characterizations. There are far too many fair-minded, rational people walking around in fantasy, which is set in an era that for us was full of open bigotry and superstitious hysteria. But it comes down to what makes the fantasy setting inviting to the user, and then they're willing to make exceptions. Your idea would sell; you're just never going to convince the LotR/Forgotten Realms crowd.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#54 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Yeah I would love to hear some Jay-Z, Usher and some other hip-hop music in Persona series as well as some trash metal in Legend of Heroes games. I also would love to hear some happy-sounding J-Pop songs in GTA games and Saints' Row. Elder Scrolls game should use Atelier Ayesha soundtrack as well.