Developers with the brightest futures

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#1 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

To preface: This is NOT System Wars. Please keep the conversation focused on the positive aspects of the various developers.

I'm interested in hearing which developers you believe have the brightest futures and why. Capcom? Take Two? Ubisoft? Square Enix?

Do they have profitable franchise titles like Maxis's The Sims? A ton of intellectual property like the character pool of Nintendo (Mario, Samus Aran, Donkey Kong, etc.)? Technical resources like Epic Games (who licenses the Unreal Engine)? A willingness to take creative risks such as Media Molecule (Little Big Planet) and The Behemoth (Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers)?

Happy gaming,

Boz

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

I think Bungie has got a bright future ahead of them. I'm pretty sure their deal with activision is awesome. Basically, keeping creative freedom and all that while having the biggest publisher in the industry behind you to turn the biggest ideas into reality. Anyways, bungie themselves were very happy with the deal.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
The ones leading now will still be leading in the future. Pretty sure. Once their legendary franchises end it might be a different story though. Talking about Assassin's creed, Splinter Cell, COD, Final Fantasy (which will never end it seems), Halo. Probably many others.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Id say Bethesda Softworks (are there any open-world RPGs with the scale and magnitude of Elder Scrolls or recent Fallout installments? No, i dont think so) They hold the monopoly in the genre...

Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

well take two are a publisher... not a developer. you should of put rockstar instead. as rockstar can't put a foot wrong.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
WB Games is going to a big name this decade with developers such as Rocksteady, Monolith, NetherRealm and Turbine.
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Platinum games, every game they ever made so far is amazing, I hope they can keep their winning streak up with that new Anarchy game of theirs. Markus Persson also has quite a bright future ahead of him with Minecraft, I wonder how good that game will do when it finally passes beta.
Darksiders666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Darksiders666
Member since 2011 • 272 Posts

Vigil Games. Darksiders was their first ever game and it was a masterpiece in my opinion. If they keep getting better they will turn into amazing developers.

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
blizzard, bioware, rockstar they really know how to created excellent games.
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

well take two are a publisher... not a developer. you should of put rockstar instead. as rockstar can't put a foot wrong.

Vinegar_Strokes

Manhunt says "hi." Also, Midnight Club has been hit-or-miss, and if Table Tennis had had any other name besides Rockstar on it, it wouldn't have rated so highly.

Id say Bethesda Softworks (are there any open-world RPGs with the scale and magnitude of Elder Scrolls or recent Fallout installments? No, i dont think so) They hold the monopoly in the genre...

EvilSelf

On console, maybe, though Two Worlds II isn't supposed to be too bad.

On topic: I think Gearbox has what it takes to become one of the big time developers, though it seems most of their stuff to date has been built on existing stuff (kind of like Treyarch, but with some actual originality sprinkled in).

mariomaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#11 mariomaster16
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts
Capcom has been one of the most successful developers in the industry for decades. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. Bethesda is also been doing great since Morrowind; as long as they keep doing what they've been doing without being "copy and paste" they've got a bright future. Also I think Bungie has serious potential, now that they're done with Halo they're able to create a fresh, brand new franchise. I just hope they live up to our expectations.