Developers shouldn't be influenced by Political Ideology.

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@c_rakestraw said:
@Bigboi500 said:

No. C rake deleted a comment I made that didn't have any of that. I was mocking (lightheartedly) SJW people, much like the sarcastic nature of the thread creator and OP. Guess it's ok for one side to mock the other, but not vice-versa?

Hence why I said he seems to be too emotionally involved to make better judgements.

I deleted it because, at the time, it seemed like it was less a lighthearted jab than mere mocking. I let the thread stand because it was very clearly, indubitably satire. The tone was so obviously exaggerated that I didn't see how it could be interpreted as anything but satire (though clearly I was wrong about that, given so many people thought he was serious). Your post, by comparison, didn't carry that same overwhelming quality. I went back and forth on it for a while because I wasn't sure. If I misread the posts' intent, I could restore it for you.

No, that's alright because it was as stupid post to begin with, like this thread. A lot of people don't know minish or his politics, so why would they understand what he was doing? I just think this whole business is straying too far from games and venturing into politics.

You should lock this thread and all other GG vs SJW threads here in the GD board. Leave that crap for OT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@toast_burner said:

@Jacanuk said:

@toast_burner said:

Well you seem to be complaining about Jac getting moderated for saying something transphobic. Or were there some other posts being deleted that I'm not aware of?

Please do enlighten me.

How is using a "satirical" view on white knights transphobic?

You called a trans woman a guy pretending to be a woman...

Eh? not really i called a white knight a white knight.

I dont care who started it i saw it on NeoGaf and a few twitter feed.

Are you really trying to convince me that you didn't change your post after you were given a warning by c_rake, even though his post warning you and your post saying you're going to change it are still up?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#103 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@c_rakestraw said:
@Bigboi500 said:

No. C rake deleted a comment I made that didn't have any of that. I was mocking (lightheartedly) SJW people, much like the sarcastic nature of the thread creator and OP. Guess it's ok for one side to mock the other, but not vice-versa?

Hence why I said he seems to be too emotionally involved to make better judgements.

I deleted it because, at the time, it seemed like it was less a lighthearted jab than mere mocking. I let the thread stand because it was very clearly, indubitably satire. The tone was so obviously exaggerated that I didn't see how it could be interpreted as anything but satire (though clearly I was wrong about that, given so many people thought he was serious). Your post, by comparison, didn't carry that same overwhelming quality. I went back and forth on it for a while because I wasn't sure. If I misread the posts' intent, I could restore it for you.

No, that's alright because it was as stupid post to begin with, like this thread. A lot of people don't know minish or his politics, so why would they understand what he was doing? I just think this whole business is straying too far from games and venturing into politics.

You should lock this thread and all other GG vs SJW threads here in the GD board. Leave that crap for OT.

That wouldn´t be a bad thing the only SJW/WhiteKnight/Gamersgate whatever has gone overboard and it should just be left to die and we can move on to real games.

November is coming and a lot of great games.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#104  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@Bigboi500 said:

Fair point. Maybe I should make a sticky thread to make the ban on this topic official...

All right, this thread's run its course. Locking it down.