Destiny's(2) outrageous microtransactions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Ok I love Destiny, but why is the emote I want cost $32.50??? All it does is pulls out a neon gun and shoots some bottles. Looks cool, for maybe a few dollars. Been grinding public events all day and have gotten around 3000 "bright dust"($30.00 worth) I bought a ship before I notice the emote. So I have 17/3250 to go lol. I know there's going to be some hate answers and dumb answers... Just curious if this is the normal pricing? I've never paid for cosmetic stuff but have won a lot(so that's cool I guess).

Edit: So I figured out you buy Silver from the store, that may or may not turn into "Bright Dust" or other items. It's a pure gamble. Dumb.

randomHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 randomHALT
Member since 2006 • 141 Posts

32.50 for an emote?! what?!

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

@joshrmeyer: I don't have the game, but I doubt the emote costs that much, unless it is a bundle with a lot of other things included. In general, buying that stuff is not advised, especially when you'll be needing the money for all the DLC content you have to buy. Destiny is a black hole for you wallet.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58647 Posts

Only thing they listen to $. And gamers aren't really coordinated, or owning enough self-control to do anything about it. That and the general public doesn't follow gamers.

So they walk all over you, happily.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Hope you are equipping the 10% more exp from certain planets / crucible to make this go faster.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

Is Destiny 2 still fun if you ignore the microtransactions? Just curious I'm thinking of giving it a try but I don't plan on spending any money on shit like that.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JoshRMeyer

@csward: It does. It's 3250 Bright Dust. If you try to buy Bright Dust, it redirects you to the store. 5000 Bright Dusk is $49.99.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@speedytimsi: I am. I didn't at first but figured it out once I started grinding. I also been using fast travel a lot trying to get to play public events rapidly, or if no one's at one, I'll respawn with fast travel and there will usually be a group there.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JoshRMeyer

@pyro1245: Absolutely.. those things mean little in the game. You can win them pretty easily. Every week you get a 3x multiplier on xp for the next 3 levels(3 bright engrams). I've played so much of the game, I'm just looking for the little extra things my friends don't have yet. You absolutely do not have to pay any real money to enjoy this game... It's just some cosmetic stuff, that doesn't give you an advantage at all.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@pyro1245: Absolutely.. those things mean little in the game. You can win them pretty easily. Every week you get a 3x multiplier on xp for the next 3 levels(3 bright engrams). I've played so much of the game, I'm just looking for the little extra things my friends don't have yet. You absolutely do not have to pay any real money to enjoy this game... It's just some cosmetic stuff, that doesn't give you an advantage at all.

Cool that's good to know. I'm just looking for a fun shooter. Thanks

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Do yourself a favor and the rest of us. Find something else to play. Stop supporting this stupid shit.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@jdc6305: Give me some suggestions... Something similar to that style. I love borderlands 2 but played the crap out of it.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5341 Posts

@pyro1245: Yup, as someone else stated, it's still a lot of fun even without the microtransactions. I haven't directly purchased any silver dust and I've been doing fine. I did start off with 200 from my game purchase but I don't think I've spent any of it yet.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Well the easy way is to tie your rubber band to the joysticks in the crucible and leave it for as long as you like. Maybe in one day you could get like 10 Bright engrams even if you lose all of the PVP matches.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

it's not really something you need to enjoy the game and you can get it either randomly through the bright engrams or grinding dust. Just make sure when you get something you don't want from a bright engram that you dismantle it, as that will give you dust back, including the bright engram shaders.