Destiny 2 – why can't Bungie get 3 people together to play a Nightfall Strike in less than 21 minutes?

Avatar image for billthompson8888
BillThompson8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BillThompson8888
Member since 2016 • 28 Posts

So I'm in a familiar place – I'm playing Destiny and all the gear I get from normal strikes, missions, PVP is lower level than the gear I have, and so I have to play Nightfall or the only RAID in the game at my level.

There is no RAID matchmaking for me because I'm 276 and that matchmaking requires 280.

So all I can do is play the single Nightfall strike over and over and over. But it's taking Bungie 21 minutes to match me up with two other people right now.

The PVP matchmaking is also crap, with matches often being lopsided, and again, the gear I'm getting from PVP is lower than 276.

So this game is a total waste of time, right now, unless I want to spend a huge amount of time going to a third party web site and LOOK FOR A GROUP manually.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#2 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

I'm surprised most people's sanity is still in tact after playing Destiny.

BillThompson8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BillThompson8888

@Sam3231: I'm day drinking right now. ;)

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#4 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

@billthompson8888: That explains it!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

It’s probably taking so long because most people are probably already in clans or using “looking for group”. Not sure how it is for other systems but on the Xbox One looking for group is right there on the system so it’s quick and easy. The other way is to just join a clan and there’s really no reason not to join a clan because there are plenty of ones to choose from from the hardcore players to the casual to the solo ones who basically just want to join to get the clan benefits.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Use the Destiny app available for Android and iOS. Practically takes seconds to find a fireteam for Nightfalls. Raids are a little tricky to find good teams through LFG. But there's plenty of people playing.

The reason Guided Games takes so long is due to its beta status. And the community has been using LFG services (including the Destiny app) for years. As for your PvP gear. The Luminous Legendary Engrams drop higher gear than what you currently have. Up to 300 as of this post. You can get one per character doing Crucible each week from Lord Shaxx. Along with Flashpoints, NF, and through Clan rewards with Hawthorne.

BillThompson8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BillThompson8888

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a PS4 and it's 21 minutes to get into a Nightfall strike.

This game is still in Beta? What? I paid $60 for a Beta game? When are they going to finish it so I can play it?

Thanks

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

The game is not still in beta, just the guided games feature for matchmaking solo players with other clan members for Nightfall strikes and Raids is in beta right now. They are testing how well this feature will work which is why it is beta right now.

Avatar image for residentsleeper
ResidentSleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 ResidentSleeper
Member since 2017 • 51 Posts

So boys... Destiny 2. Pass or smash?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@billthompson8888: I can't comment on the Nightfall situation, but PvP is always fast. I think the whole guided thing with Nightfall is new and people don't want to try it. I don't understand why raids can't be done with randoms. I've done it on the first game where it was just me and a friend joining up with randoms(with mics) and everything was fine. I wish Nightfall went the route that regular strikes are. I don't need to talk to know what I'm doing. Yeah, it's easier with mics, but have the option. Destiny can detect if you have a mic or not, so match those people up together and non mic people together. It's all optional either way and better than not getting to play at all.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoshRMeyer

@Sam3231: The majority of the game requires very little thinking. So I actually get some sanity back by playing it. Helps keep my mind off real life situations. It's a decent stress reliever. I can literally sign in, fly to a planet for some public events, and shoot stuff just to unwind for a bit. It is what it is.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JoshRMeyer

@residentsleeper: Love it or hate it... I don't think there's an inbetween. If you liked the latter half(DLCs) of the first one, you'll like this one even more. If you hated the first one, don't get this one, even though they improved in some areas. If you haven't played either, it's a great FPS for mostly casuals, but also has enough hard parts. The gunplay is the best I've experienced... Super tight controls, etc.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@billthompson8888: 21 minutes is really precise lol. Was this one time, or is that an average of several times throughout the day? You only do Nightfall once, so I can see the times being longer than a normal strike that is random and can be played over and over. I remember waiting hours in FFXIV for a raid, but you could do other things while you waited.