Depressing when you go to an old forum and realize...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#1 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

It's dead....

I understand new games come out and most people play there games only once, but with some games there is such amazing memories surrounding them that it is hard to grasp they are dead.

KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 KillerK1ng
Member since 2014 • 135 Posts

It's hard to maintain a forum once you've released a game. Especially for mobile games which can be playable on PC. I have the job of managing a forum which is for PC users and mobile users and its incredibly difficult to transfer people to the forums. You only get the really committed users on the forums but its nice to see where the true gamers hearts lie.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

it'll help discussions if we knew what the hell game you are talking about my friend

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@GamerNerdTalk said:

It's dead....

I understand new games come out and most people play there games only once, but with some games there is such amazing memories surrounding them that it is hard to grasp they are dead.

Besides games, people just got alot going on these days and just don't have the time! I'm fortunate enough to have a job where I can get on here a few times a day because I have alot of downtime between assignments.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@GamerNerdTalk said:

It's dead....

There are a few games that manage that

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

The reason why forums for spesific games are pretty much dead here on gamespot is because of facebook and reddit.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I don't have the the money to play a game just once then get a new one..... Besides that might explain why people have such low standards..... No matter how good they think Far Cry is and how bad they think CoD.... They treat them the sameway..... One and Done...... Like a movie.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@GamerNerdTalk said:

It's dead....

What games are we talking about exactly?

But yeah, I know the feeling.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I don't have the the money to play a game just once then get a new one..... Besides that might explain why people have such low standards..... No matter how good they think Far Cry is and how bad they think CoD.... They treat them the sameway..... One and Done...... Like a movie.

Man, lol - that's so old school.

Back in the day I used to play games multiple games - that's because there hardly were any!

Also, I find these days that once is usually enough for most games - unless they're the kind of games that can provide a variety of different pathways.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ojmstr

@Lulu_Lulu: That is true, they are like grasshoppers jumping from one game to the next, it's sort of like a mass-suggusion (if that's a word in english?)because of the internet they are constantly following the game that is the newest with most hype. Im glad im only consentrating on just a few games at a time for a good amount of time to get most out of the games im playing and to really dig deep into the gameplay, if it's a game with alot of depth and substance i can play it for years without thinking about what the masses are playing. If the masses/casual gamers likes the same game im liking then cool, more noobs for me to give some serious ass whopping in the online departement;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

@thereal25

Does it really matter ? I mean replaying for the sake of playing it differetly is no different then playing a different game alltogether...... Bottom line is people will rarely replay even a linear game, no matter how good it is, people won't replay it....

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one whos logged in 80 hours into The 6 hour Long Bayonetta.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

@ojmstr

Yes... Exactly ! Till this day I play Bioshock 2, DMC4 and President Evil 5 (when I have a friend.)

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ojmstr

@jimmy_russell: I use fb from time to time to keep in toutch with distant relatives and old friends other than that i must say i agree with you, fb is not a good thing all in all, more negative things than positive things about fb at least the way i see it but that's a whole other topic. I remember back in the days before facebook and reddit, the forums here on GS was packed, it's definitively the main reason why it's less people on here than before.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@ojmstr: I have to disagree there. When you control the content of the site (facebook, twitter) then it's only as bad as you let it be. On facebook I only have things that interest me and I mostly use it as a way of contacting classmates to do assignments and the such, therefore I wouldn't consider it bad. Another example: the other day my girlfriend found a lost dog in the center of Barcelona, took it home with her to our town on the outskirts, announced it on fb and within 24 hours she had found the owner and given it back to him (3.5 million people in the entire metropolitan area, mind). Social media is a powerful thing and you have to know how to use it but to outright label it as bad would be like labelling the evening news as bad.

On topic: The only game forum I ever used was the RuneScape one yeeeeaars ago, and being an MMO I imagine it's still pretty populated, but aside from that I can understand certain games having dead forums.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ojmstr

@ianhh6: I hear you man, i know, there are alot of positive sides but i think all in all fb has become something i really don`t like, i think it changes people to the worse, even though fb is a social media i think it actually makes people less social in real life, take a look at people on the streets these days, on the buss, even at the cafeterias, everyone walks or sits with their face glued to the screen allmost as they are hypnothized and most are probably on fb watching pictures of other peoples life while giving likes to their pictures just to feel "socially accepted" How wierd isn`t that? It just feels like something is seriously wrong with this whole thing. I actually have started disliking smartphones as well, even though it`s a smartphone, i think it will make people dumber eventually. Maybe it`s just me, idk but i really dislike where this is going. I have deleted alot of pictures of me and my daughter there latly, i feel that this is not the way it should be and how we as human beings should interact with eachother on a daily basis, now and then is ok and sure i see why you would use fb/twitter for work purpose and assignments etc.. but like i said, from my point of view all in all it`s more negative things than positive.

eggiebertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By eggiebertus
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

@GamerNerdTalk: Probably this is not really a problem, keep your eyes open and just try to focus on playing something seriously good: most of the gamers who used to be on those good old server-worlds you used to visit are still around, kicking in it new games. Right? What more do you want.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thereal25

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thereal25

Does it really matter ? I mean replaying for the sake of playing it differetly is no different then playing a different game alltogether...... Bottom line is people will rarely replay even a linear game, no matter how good it is, people won't replay it....

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one whos logged in 80 hours into The 6 hour Long Bayonetta.

Yeah, I guess it's just that there's so many great games to play these days. So playing a game slightly differently doesn't seem so appealing. Having said that, sometimes it can be nice to really master a game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@thereal25

I don't think anygame thats played just once qualifies as Great....

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thereal25

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thereal25

I don't think anygame thats played just once qualifies as Great....

Hm there might be some truth to that. I certainly played F.E.A.R 1 and fallout 3 more than once. :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

@thereal25

I don't think Fallout is even halfway decent.... Wana guess why ? ;)

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thereal25

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thereal25

I don't think Fallout is even halfway decent.... Wana guess why ? ;)

lol don't tell me coz there's no co-op!

and yes, I fully acknowledge that progression is based on time spend playing rather than skill or tactics - to a large extent...

But you just gotta accept that and enjoy the ride...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@thereal25

Spot on on the 2nd Point... But lack of Co-Op is not a deal breaker.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thereal25

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thereal25

Spot on on the 2nd Point... But lack of Co-Op is not a deal breaker.

I hope the day comes when you embrace rpgs. So much mindless fun!

... and they're great value for money too - often well over 100 hours worth of gameplay for a single playthrough!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

@thereal25

I already like RPGs.... I just don't like Stats.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

@thereal25

I already like RPGs, I freaking love'em.... I just don't like Stats.

blowtrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 blowtrees
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

Many ongoing games have their own forums, there's not really any site that specializes in 'bring your gaming discussions here'. There's just hundreds of them like Gamespot/Gamefaqs.

@RPGs ~ Love em to death, especially some of the more nostalgia inducing items. But I'd really love to see more Action oriented RPGs, especially in an open world MMO format. ESO is kind of bust (also stat heavy like Obliv/Skyrim) and still sub only, while Vindictus gameplay is visceral but the rest of it is just a wreck.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

@ojmstr said:

The reason why forums for spesific games are pretty much dead here on gamespot is because of facebook and reddit.

People actually use those sites? Wow. Talk about brainless. Social media is cancer, I've never bothered to vist those sites more than once.

idk bout fb, but as far as games goes reddit is far superior due to lack of policing and as expected those guys are usually the 1st or second to get inside illegally obtained info.

Most recent example would be Destiny.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thereal25

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thereal25

I already like RPGs, I freaking love'em.... I just don't like Stats.

So just to be clear - what bothers you is the grind in order to level up?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@thereal25

Thats how it started.... My hate has evolved to something much more specific.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thereal25

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thereal25

Thats how it started.... My hate has evolved to something much more specific.

The only thing that confuses me is you say you love role playing games.

But don't all rpgs have levelling up and stats?

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ojmstr

@notorious1234na: Yeah, i heard reddit is really popular when it comes to gaming, havn`t really checked that site out, it seems so hard to navigate on there.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu

@thereal25

Yep.... They Do.... Every single one. :(