Deleted All Memory On A Game For A Fresh Start? Regret

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KojimaNo1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 KojimaNo1fan
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

So as you can probably tell from my username, i'm a Konami fan boy. And I especially love all the titles Kojima has produced, obviously Metal Gear Solid being my number 1 game. So i'm here chilling on the internet watching and reading all that I can for The Phantom Pain and I though "hey why not bust out my PS3 and go on Metal Gear". So I did and I loaded up Sons Of Liberty and looked at my files and felt abit kiddy. The reason why I felt like this is because I looked at the difficulties and felt like a (not to sound too cliche) noob. It went from easy to very hard, I don't know why but in the heat of the moment I thought "i'm better than this, I can totally clear this game on European extreme".

So I go to my svae data utility and look at the MGS HD save files and saw my Snake Eater files aswell most of them were normal so then I though "right **** this!" and deleted all my saves, I don't know why I just felt like a noob even though I know I could beat these games on Extreme mode. A few minutes later I felt a weird feeling of regret and I felt like I deleted memories (litreally). I was wondering if anyone else has done and if they have, how did you feel?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I've never done this, but I get what you're saying....are you going to try beat it on extreme?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44139 Posts

That's why I never delete my save files, well the most up-to-date ones at least.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I actually admire anyone who can even play MGS3 on Normal, seeing how poorly the controls have aged by today's standards, let alone on Extreme.

Anyway, no: I never delete save games, unless it's for games I don't care about, especially these days when space is no longer a problem. Back in the PS1 age we would have to make heartbreaking choices when managing memory blocks, but with hard drives and flash drives, well... progress i guess ;)

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I try to avoid deleting save games wherever I can, but some shorter games like Wario Land 4 I will delete files so I can replay them.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, never done something like that. But now i am also and always have been in control of my emotions and dont do rash things.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

its....not....that....serious my dude

KojimaNo1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 KojimaNo1fan
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: @@@BattleSpectre:

Yes it's something i've always avoided for anger reasons haha.

To be honest when you play it as much as I have it's not as hard as you think, I only avoided extreme because I didn't want a dent in my wall from controller throws. If you can beat it on normal you'll pretty much see hard mode as a piece of piss, well that's how I see it anyway.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@kojimano1fan: Oh it's not a difficulty thing, more of a controls thing. Having to use the dpad to sneak, not being able to crouch-walk, having to press 2 and a half buttons just to aim, MGS3 is one of my all time favorites, but the controls make it off-limits to me by now.